Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Looks like we are going to get some Major League Baseball 2K9 info on Monday, according to one of the Admins at 2K Sports.

Quote:
"Hey all,
Some cool stuff is going to be going down early next week. I'll bring it to you here late Monday and Tuesday. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving, have a great weekend!

- Ronnie"

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Yankee Mystique @ 12/30/08 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Guys VC has never developed a Baseball Game under the 2K Sports umbrella. It has always developed NFL & NBA titles. All the Baseball Games under the 2k sports umbrella were developed by:

World Series Baseball 2k1: WOW Entertainment
World Series Baseball 2k2 (Dreamcast) World Series Baseball (Xbox): Blue Shift/Exile Interactive
World Series Baseball 2k3: Blue Shift/Exile Interactive
ESPN Baseball: Blue Shift
Major League Baseball 2k5-8: Kush Games

The reality is this series flourished under Blue Shift & YES WSB 2K3 is considered by many to be the BEST Console Baseball Game to grace a console. The Game Play was top notch. The only other game I can think of that had WSB beat in the Game Play dept @ that time was HH, but HH was 1 fugly looking game compared to WSB.

Til this day no Baseball Game has been able to capture the Game Play aspect of Baseball better than the 2 titles I mentioned above. For many of us who are not only fans of the series but fans of baseball that Game Play is what we want. The addition of any thing else is just icing on the cake.

1 thing that us as fans of the series can be optimistic about is VC knows Game Play. For me it's gonna be interesting to see how much they will be able to improve the title. Yeah I know supposedly that should be easy because for many 2k8 was GARBAGE, but IMO 2k8 was far from Garbage, Yes it wasn't what many of us expected, especially in year 3 of Next-Gen but played a decent game of Baseball.
Yup, WSB2K3 was awesome. Even Newsweek magazine had a positive article on it I remember. High Heat Baseball had awesome gameplay as well, but it was horrible looking like you said and didn't even look like an MLB game. No accurate batting stances or other player attributes.

What did happen to Blue Shift then?

# 102 asu666 @ 12/30/08 03:56 PM
It's my understanding that Kush was owned by VC and when VC closed it down they integrated the parts and people they wanted into their own team. With that being the case VC can use the same engines Kush was using because they developed them and gave them to Kush to build the game on.

# 103 SoxFan01605 @ 12/31/08 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Except that's the problem with the game...
lol...exactly.

# 104 Herky @ 01/06/09 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliDegu2008
I hope so, I am looking for this game to the best since MVP 2005.
Man what a game that was.

# 105 kumala @ 01/06/09 02:33 PM
i love mvp 2005 pc version, playing it 1080p on my 42 inch plasma. at 1920 by 1080 the games looks awesome. I will try to get some pics up. on the mvp thread. but I hope 2k9 surprises us man, cause we really need a good game for the 360

# 106 bluengold34_OS @ 01/06/09 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumala
i love mvp 2005 pc version, playing it 1080p on my 42 inch plasma. at 1920 by 1080 the games looks awesome. I will try to get some pics up. on the mvp thread. but I hope 2k9 surprises us man, cause we really need a good game for the 360
Yeah Bro, get those pics up if you can....would love to see them. I still play the hell out of 05( your datafile compliments it nicely). Even though I have a PS3 and will have the "Show" day 1 ( if not earlier), I am hoping for a strong effort from 2k.

# 107 kumala @ 01/06/09 04:27 PM
glad to hear you enjoy my datafile. I am very happy with the results I get from it. hit variety and challenge. I will take the pics soon and put it up. I just got my panny 42 inch 1080 plasma and wanted to see how it looks and using tywiggins res changer, it looks just awesome.

# 108 kumala @ 01/06/09 10:28 PM
here is the pics I took of mvp2005 on a 1080 plasma

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039058039

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.