Home
Madden 09 News Post

ESPN has just posted an article on Madden Challenge 2009, where they crown the world's best Madden player.

Quote:
"Take the strategy of chess, the all-in attitude of World Series of Poker, and the trash talk of Rucker Park and you have all the ingredients of the Madden Challenge, the most competitive and in-your-face video game tournament on the planet.

These are the elite of the elite Madden gamers. The guys who find the glitches that change the game within hours of it shipping to stores. The guys who found the bug in the Tampa offense where you can directly snap it to a receiver out wide and run down the field before anyone knows what happened. The guys who found the way to block every field goal by moving the defensive linemen around in a certain order that allows one of them to shoot free to swat the rock. The guys who figured out that this year's game was all about two plays: The fullback dive and the curl route."

Cheese or chess?

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ch46647 @ 01/29/09 03:50 PM
Please take a minute to read Ian's new thread about Madden 2010 if you havent already.

# 42 Corey @ 02/01/09 04:01 PM
This is on ESPN right now, the finals match.

Besides all the cheesing, what is amazing is the guy that winds up losing has some obnoxious a-hole shouting in his face the entire time (not his opponent) and nobody does anything about it.

It looks like the reason he is going to lose is because of a fumble on a kickoff return.

eta: oops, guess was the semi-finals match.

# 43 billmatic @ 02/01/09 04:20 PM
Just turned this on. lol @ these ignorant dudes yelling at each other.

# 44 Corey @ 02/01/09 04:30 PM
If there's any justice the Captaine lost because he is one of those d-bags that always attempts 2-pt conversions and got stopped. Would have had an easy FG to tie at the end. And of course after talking trash all game he then starts pouting that the winner who was quiet all match tossed it back in his face.

I got some amusement out of the winner's off centered labret piercing and really lame tattoos.

# 45 KOACHK @ 02/01/09 05:17 PM
These guys play Madden at it's highest levels and are always looking to stretch the limits of the game as much as possible. I totally agree that coverage against curl routes are totally flawed this year, and that the fullback dive (with motion) is way too effective. The challenge that players at that level take on is to try to find ways to stop, or at least contain, anything that can be exploited in the game.

No matter what kind of game EA makes, a majority of these elite-level players will still have success because they are usually the best at adapting to any changes Madden goes through version year, after version year. In the meantime, all we can do is enjoy the current version of Madden we have, and provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback to EA about improving the game.

-Congratulations to Dynasty becoming Madden Challenge '09 Champion, and props to Captain/GetOffMeSon on a great run to the championship game!

# 46 Corey @ 02/01/09 09:06 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't buy that being elite at playing Madden Challenge/Madden Nation rules means that they'd be elite in a sim style game. Why not say that the Unreal Tournament world champ would be the Madden world champ if he invested the time he spent at Unreal playing Madden instead. No disrespect to what they do, but it ain't anything like real football and to say that they'd be just as good at a game that played more like real football remains to be seen. Even just playing with longer quarters and some respect for personal boundaries could change things rather dramatically.

# 47 ZFarls @ 02/04/09 01:08 PM
I agree with Coach K on this one

If the game actually represented real football then the players wouldn't have to use the curls and fb dive every play.

The "Best" Players or Top "Ballers" only use these tactics because they put them in the best position to win. If the game wasn't broken and actually represented real football then they wouldnt be forced to play this way.
Madden is Madden and unfortunatley "it is what it is"
its a football game that if you want to be the best at you have to use tactics that aren't the most realistic but put you in the best position to win.
Not everyone chooses to play this way but the ones who consistently win are exploiting the game. blame the game dont hate the player

-ZFarls

# 48 ZFarls @ 02/04/09 01:11 PM
one other negative about the top players is they seem to have punky attitudes and a knack for screaming
LETS GO atleast 46 times a game.

so while I wouldn't want to be cool with most of them, they are still good at the game and only put them selfs in the best spot to win, if the game didnt allow them to use cheap tactics then they wouldn't be able to.

# 49 SouthernBrick @ 04/23/09 04:32 PM
Wow only 2 or 3 plays the ENTIRE GAME. I can't believe people play like that. I can see why they play like that though. Thats alot of money. Hopefully this year will be different.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.