Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted this week's MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers Road To The Show enhancements.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, Aaron Luke (Designer) here to bring you the next installment of the MLB 09 The Show. This entry will focus on the enhancements to Road To The Show. This year’s edition of RTTS has received enhancements to nearly every aspect of the mode.

Starting with the front-end aspects, the PS3 Create Player system has received some new editions that will allow you to customize even more aspects of your player. With the new Sounds Of The Show feature, we’ve been able to support audio customizations that will allow you to pick not only your batter walkup music, but also your reliever entry music and a home run celebration song. In addition to editing custom music, you can also create custom fan chants, cheers, and jeers to assign to your player (or any other player using the Edit Player feature). The player accessories have also seen upgrades to support a variety of new items including: wrist tape, batting gloves in pockets, glasses, eye black, baggy pants, and stirrup socks for your old schoolers. But the player customization doesn’t end with the Create Player process — we’ve also added in the ability to edit your player any time after creation. You won’t be able to edit his position or attributes, but you will have full reign on editing his appearance, accessories, and the all-important player number."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 AUTiger1 @ 01/27/09 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay5504
Much rather know if Turner Field looks like crap again or if it finially looks good.
I have been trying to get an answer to that question for a couple weeks now and nothing. I have posted it on a million different threads and in the blogs.

# 62 DubTrey1 @ 01/27/09 04:49 PM
Wow, it just keeps getting better. It's good to see a dev really listen to its community and add value to a title each season - No gimmcks, no fluff, just solid additions and extras that actually add to the game itself.

# 63 beau21 @ 01/27/09 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3

Anyone else notice that your now shown the top pitch speed for each pitch that the opposing pitcher throws before you bat
I did notice and I'm HOPING this means when editing a pitcher's repituar that we can choose max pitch speeds instead of the bars

# 64 harsh128 @ 01/27/09 05:06 PM
I would love this if SCEA would be able to make it so there were different types of players for each postition. Example. Say you make a pitcher and you want a Paul Byrd type pitcher. So you would choose pitcher as your postition and then you would choose Soft-Tosser as your typer of pitcher. That way you could ony improve in certain things like control and movement and maybe a little bit of pitch speed. Another example would be you want to be a Juan Piere type of outfielder. Same as above you choose any of the outfield positions and then you choose Speedster as your type of outfielder. With this you could only improve on defence and baserunning ability and contact and plate discipline and stuff like that but your power would be limited. Also your goals should change accordingly to your type of player. Take the Pualy Byrd example. Your goals would not be strike out x amount of batters. They should be walk less than x amount of batters. Of course some goals woulod be the same like have an era under 4.

# 65 metal134 @ 01/27/09 05:14 PM
When I was reading through this, thrilled over all the new awesome enhancements; being drafted, being able to watch your teammates at-bat, etc., I just knew that the first thing people were going to comment on was the accessories.

# 66 Speedy @ 01/27/09 05:18 PM
Eyeblack, sunglasses, gloves in the backpockets...If they they have white/black wristbands (or taped wrists) I'll be ecstatic (not that I'm not already)

EDIT: I think the player on the far right does have the black taped wrists

# 67 LambentMaterial @ 01/27/09 05:19 PM
Wow. It seems like every grievance I had with RTTS has been fixed. I am pleased.

# 68 metal134 @ 01/27/09 05:29 PM
Well, I'm still hoping that they fixed free agency. Most people had a hard time getting contract offers. I would like to see a system whereby not only will teams show interest in you, but you can approach teams and, based on their situation, they may or may not be interested.

# 69 SoxFan01605 @ 01/27/09 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
you have to remember they are looking to keep everything TEAM color oriented. that would the the reason you wouldn't be able to change colors of acces... is my thinking... so whatever team you get drafted too or choose to be on... you have to seriously think if you want those colors on all your acces... again just how im seeing it at least... and it does make sense if you think about it
Not really though. It would make sense if you couldn't edit your accessories after you start. Now that you can, there is no good reason not to allow it for those who want it (other than some programming or priority issue. I'm just talking "in-game" reasons).

I'm hoping they allowed it, but if you can't it's no big deal...they seemed to have addressed so many little things this year that it would be hard to call it a let down or anything.

# 70 Rob_NYY @ 01/27/09 06:20 PM
All this sounds AWESOME!! I can't wait for this game.

# 71 ty5oke @ 01/27/09 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrumfe
they were both AA teams in the screenshots... does this mean no single A teams in game...? =(

anyhoo, that minor league stadium looked real good.
According to the comments on the blog, there will be no single A. Kind of a bummer.

# 72 brunnoce @ 01/27/09 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Eyeblack, sunglasses, gloves in the backpockets...If they they have white/black wristbands (or taped wrists) I'll be ecstatic (not that I'm not already)

EDIT: I think the player on the far right does have the black taped wrists
yeh he sure does, same with the player on the edit mode screen, now we need to see the white wrist tape.

# 73 Chai2112 @ 01/27/09 07:30 PM
Looks awesome. I just hope that the same create-a-player/edit-a-player is used for Franchise mode as well. I'm assuming it is, cuz I don't know why it would be different.

# 74 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/27/09 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
According to the comments on the blog, there will be no single A. Kind of a bummer.
Makes me worried about Franchise without Single A. If the draft is in June where will the players go? Only thing I can think of is the will have an inactive list and we will have to cut players.

# 75 rupe @ 01/27/09 07:40 PM
I was really hoping they were going to expand on the fielding aspect of the game. I would love to have the option to play every out in the field as the short stop. Knowing that the ball is coming to your at every fielding instance is boring and does nothing to keep you on your toes.

Having to run out as the cut off, or backing up bases would add to the experience. To me, there could be so much more to fielding. And the RTTS for the catcher needs to be addressed. I would love to be able to call the game.

# 76 Shakedowncapo @ 01/27/09 07:47 PM
I wonder if they took out the barriers when fielding?

# 77 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/27/09 08:38 PM
Enter a draft!!!!!

THANK YOU!

# 78 theaub @ 01/27/09 09:10 PM
I remember ASB had a "prospect book" type thing where players would end up "in the game" but not on a MiL roster until you chose them to be so. They would leave said book once they gained Rule V eligibility. I would presume there would be something like that.

# 79 Knight165 @ 01/27/09 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
I remember ASB had a "prospect book" type thing where players would end up "in the game" but not on a MiL roster until you chose them to be so. They would leave said book once they gained Rule V eligibility. I would presume there would be something like that.
Perhaps...
Not bad(if they give you a decent amount of slots)...but Single A would have been MUCH better.
We'll see in a couple of days.

M.K.
Knight165

# 80 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/27/09 09:14 PM
I would not even mind a single A that was not playable, just simmed ala HH.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.