Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. This one shows off some of the hit variety in the game, as well as a few defensive gems. Yes, the audio is a little off, as my software and encoding aren't playing nice for me.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 The Bimmer @ 02/23/09 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Are you talking the actual bat sound or the delay? The delay (or mis-timed audio) is a result of the video capture and not a game issue.
The bat sounds, but this has been an issue ever since i have played 2k6. Hopefully they will work on this next year.

# 82 Blzer @ 02/23/09 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
Wow did anybody else notice how off Ichiros follow through is? In real life he falls out of the box in his follow through in the direction of first base. For a company like 2K that markets the signature style so much you think they could fix something so obvious!
I bet that's really hard to put in, but I really don't know. I've been waiting for a game to do it...

# 83 SoxFan01605 @ 02/23/09 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I bet that's really hard to put in, but I really don't know. I've been waiting for a game to do it...
Didn't MVP or ASB have that (or both)? I can say with almost 100% certainty that at least one game got the follow through right. Just can't remember which one...lol

# 84 duke776 @ 02/23/09 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Didn't MVP or ASB have that (or both)? I can say with almost 100% certainty that at least one game got the follow through right. Just can't remember which one...lol
MVP 05 had it spot on I think.

# 85 NumberOneRB @ 02/23/09 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Bingo.

# 86 Blzer @ 02/23/09 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Didn't know this. When I owned the game, I jumped right into franchise with the Giants and didn't ever play any exhibition.

# 87 Ckhoss29 @ 02/23/09 09:44 PM
LOL now that you think about it I have no clue where they could have gotten their bat sound effect from.

# 88 rckabillyRaider @ 02/23/09 09:54 PM
Is it just me? or do the player models and crowd seem to have more "depth" and "fullness" to them than the Show? Oh well, I am glad I have both systems. The show is really fun and 2k9 looks like it will be a solid game this year.

# 89 texbuk84 @ 02/24/09 01:18 AM
man they was hitting the ball all over the place. looks really good to me, and that play at the plate was phenominal.

# 90 Mercury112491 @ 02/24/09 01:30 AM
Ichiro's follow through is correct in the game. There are a couple videos from the pitchers piont of view that show him falling towards first base after the swing. In that video hes leaning out over the plate to pull a ball on the outer half. Pretty difficult to fall towards first while doing that.

# 91 AgustusM @ 02/24/09 08:29 PM
I am concerned that Manny Ramirez is batting lead off. Manny Ramirez will never bat lead off for any team he is on, even an all-star team - any AI that does that has some work to do in the AI department.

# 92 drterb @ 02/24/09 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM
I am concerned that Manny Ramirez is batting lead off. Manny Ramirez will never bat lead off for any team he is on, even an all-star team - any AI that does that has some work to do in the AI department.
That's Hanley, not Manny.

# 93 Ckhoss29 @ 02/24/09 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb
That's Hanley, not Manny.
That might be quote of the year lol taken in the context. Just goes to show that some people will always try to find something to compain about.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.