Home
News Post

IGN has posted a video from MLB 09 The Show, which features the Cardinals @ Cubs.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Motown @ 02/25/09 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Aren't those both shot from demos?
yup

# 42 Knight165 @ 02/25/09 09:06 PM
Even two boring no hit 1/2 innings looked great! .

M.K.
Knight165

# 43 nomarhits400 @ 02/25/09 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
It isn't close at all, Soriano's stance in the game is really bad. But with the dozens and dozens and dozens of other improvements to the stances and motions, I feel it's silly to pick out one and go ape **** like cc23klaid did. You couldn't possibly expect them to correct every single stance and motion!
I totally disagree- Soriano's bat waggle isn't quite as aggresive now- but it depends on the situation. Check out this homer from late September last year and tell me it's all that different from the clip....I am jut not seeing it:

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?m...89983&c_id=chc

# 44 B_rad13 @ 02/25/09 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
Pujols swing is much improved.
You'd swear that was the real Pujols.

# 45 Revolution42 @ 02/25/09 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If you liked the vid good! But that video did not give the game justice at all, imo.

# 46 Revolution42 @ 02/25/09 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztiddarkangelman
Did anyone see this comparison yet?

http://www.pastapadre.com/6533/mlb-2...mparison-video

Beautiful. I got a Baseball erection....

# 47 Blzer @ 02/25/09 10:08 PM
Zambrano's pitch movement looks straight nasty in this clip! (kind of an oxymoron)

I'm not sure if developers or anyone tried to give us an ultimate clarification, but yeah the day games have static lighting. This is the first gameplay video of the finished version I've seen, so I guess that's all I can really go off of.

# 48 Motown @ 02/25/09 10:25 PM
Quote:
Dave, I seem to recall a dev saying they had clouds, but they didn't move (I think that's what I heard), so it was nice to see they were moving. Adds to the presentation.
So do games vary as far as starting out cloudy...to sunny, & vice/versa?

# 49 TheTruth916 @ 02/25/09 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
Pujols swing is much improved.
That toe turn in is really a bad distraction. I couldn't stop looking at the foot turn in.

# 50 ShowTyme15 @ 02/25/09 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
So do games vary as far as starting out cloudy...to sunny, & vice/versa?
I think so. Probably depends on Location and time of year

# 51 Tommyklaid @ 02/25/09 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
thats great to hear, anychance that might be coming to us in an eventual pacth like last year(manny, howard stances)

I just recieved a PM and the response to maybe a "patch" fixing some stances this year that they couldn't quite get to (i.e., Soriano)...

...not gonna happen.

(I know they did it last year, but it's not going to happen this year...)

Ah well...hopefully, there's an edit amongst all the others...there will be!!! Can't wait!!!

# 52 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/09 11:02 PM
Quote:
Dave, I seem to recall a dev saying they had clouds, but they didn't move (I think that's what I heard), so it was nice to see they were moving. Adds to the presentation.

Odd, since they moved last year, it was just the contrast was so opaque on them it was hard to notice.

Glad they tweaked it some. Still, their lighting (HDR) with their skies is amazing. Looks real. And glad the clouds move subtle and not at a 90MPH clip.

And my goodness this video was clear, and really shows off the AMAZING graphics this game has.

# 53 ABOVEGROUNDPOOL @ 02/25/09 11:12 PM
IMO the score board at wrigley is way to high above the fans. in real life the scoreboard comes all the way down to the tops of the fans heads.

http://www.airninja.com/pictures/chicago/wrigleyscoreboard.jpg
(real scoreboard )

http://www.operationsports.com/mediaview.php?id=560&page=3
(The show Wrigley)

# 54 Knight165 @ 02/25/09 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOVEGROUNDPOOL
IMO the score board at wrigley is way to high above the fans. in real life the scoreboard comes all the way down to the tops of the fans heads.

http://www.airninja.com/pictures/chi...scoreboard.jpg
(real scoreboard )

http://www.operationsports.com/media...?id=560&page=3
(The show Wrigley)
I'll give you that...it is a little high.

M.K.
Knight165

# 55 Craigsca @ 02/25/09 11:16 PM
The only thing missing is the giant State Farm Insurance sign to the left of the scoreboard.

# 56 major major @ 02/25/09 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
The only thing missing is the giant State Farm Insurance sign to the left of the scoreboard.

and Pepsi

# 57 Russell_SCEA @ 02/25/09 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
I just recieved a PM and the response to maybe a "patch" fixing some stances this year that they couldn't quite get to (i.e., Soriano)...

...not gonna happen.

(I know they did it last year, but it's not going to happen this year...)

Ah well...hopefully, there's an edit amongst all the others...there will be!!! Can't wait!!!
That is not what I stated. I said don't count on it under promise and over deliver. That way if it doesn't happen already told you it wasn't if it does everyone will be surprised I think most will like it that way.

# 58 elvis2040 @ 02/25/09 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
who is that pitching for the cards?
wainwright

# 59 knich @ 02/26/09 03:08 AM
How bout the cars passing thru the right field fence..nice touch

# 60 NumberOneRB @ 02/26/09 03:37 AM
The graphics are VERY impressive. Animations as usual are excellent, love the signature style improvements. Ya'll making it hard for a brother to choose which baseball game to get this year...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.