Home
Madden 2010 News Post

I think more and more videos are going to be coming out by our marketing department and from preview events...just wanted to let you guys know what's missing from the feature still that we are working on (this also is a bit of a response to apex and co. and their critiques).

The biggest missing feature is probably carrying through velocity from original animations -> PRO-TAK. You can see that on the Lendale White video...meaning that when players transition from a normal mocap tackle into PRO-TAK stuff their velocities get zeroed out (meaning they stop in place). This will definitely be addressed before we ship...our goal is that you don't even notice the transition from one to the other...it should just look like another guy added on seamlessly. This is causing a lot of the feeling of "it needs more umph"...

Second biggest is the "warping" into the PRO-TAK multi-man stuff. This hasn't been tuned really so guys are just 'suction-ing' like magnets to the ballcarrier. Also when the guys add on the goal is that they drastically effect the pile's velocity and positioning and stuff...right now they just attach and that's about it. Again when the feature is actually done you should feel a lot more 'power' when these guys hit the pile.

The "endless chopping" stuff is often turned on for demo purposes...this will really not happen in the game when it ships...you'll see a guy drive forward and they'll then get pushed to fall forward or backward (or sideways or whatever) way quicker than just standing up chopping their feet.

Lastly, we really don't have barely any animation variety in there yet. We're looking to at least add quadruple the amount of stuff to keep it fresh. We've built some new tech this year that basically swaps the animation banks for each PRO-TAK set of animations after they play (moving them to the end of the list after they do), but up until basically today we haven't had the variety to swap. That will be coming very soon as well.

So anyway, I don't want to act like I don't want feedback from you guys as you see the new stuff...all of it is valuable and please keep posting...but I also wanted to let you know what we're currently working on. We definitely aren't going to be spending our whole cycle on this tech to have it not come out looking perfect. We just have to balance the needs of marketing to show stuff early even when it's not done.

- Ian

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 g2thecore @ 05/09/09 06:19 PM
Finally some clarification for the people who constantly panic before the game is actually shipped. Great news Ian! Keep it coming!

# 82 thudias @ 05/09/09 06:31 PM
thanks for the heads up!

# 83 thecougarbear @ 05/09/09 06:31 PM
Great stuff! Thanks for filling us in.

# 84 SouthernBrick @ 05/09/09 06:53 PM
Thanks for the update Ian.

# 85 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/09/09 08:13 PM
I think Ian and his crew is doing a great job. Yes no game in hand yet! But yes I am still praising the the guy for his job well done to make this the best madden ever. Ian deserves all of our respect even before the release of the game. Ian congrats on a job well done on the madden 10 game so far.Om Ian now we are waiting on some franchise news now. PLease give us some in the next few weeks please.

# 86 SouthernBrick @ 05/09/09 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I think Ian and his crew is doing a great job. Yes no game in hand yet! But yes I am still praising the the guy for his job well done to make this the best madden ever. Ian deserves all of our respect even before the release of the game. Ian congrats on a job well done on the madden 10 game so far.Om Ian now we are waiting on some franchise news now. PLease give us some in the next few weeks please.
Yeah wouldn't mind some of that info.

# 87 maddenps2 @ 05/09/09 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
We care more about gameplay then animation...
Well I hope that you realize that game-play is effected by animations.

# 88 Da Bears @ 05/09/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
This is true.

# 89 K_GUN @ 05/09/09 10:40 PM
Quote:
affected

# 90 The Art Shell Face @ 05/09/09 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
affected
Well done, that's a common mistake people make (affect and effect). I try and resist the urge to be the grammar police, because I usually get comments back about it. But thank you, that was bothering me because I'm a grammar nerd

# 91 egkb2753 @ 05/09/09 11:09 PM
Wait, are there going to actually be color cleats and different sock lengths?? I know this is extremely off topic but this is something I've wanted incorporated in the game badly, especially the option for long socks. Anyway, the pro-tak engine is looking really good Ian, and if you guys can clean it up and fine tune it like you say your going to do, I'm sure Madden 10 is going to be a fantastic experience just based off of that alone.

# 92 maddenps2 @ 05/09/09 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Art Shell Face
Well done, that's a common mistake people make (affect and effect). I try and resist the urge to be the grammar police, because I usually get comments back about it. But thank you, that was bothering me because I'm a grammar nerd
I'm sure an individual with grammar superior to yours *almighty* or a random forum member could take posts of yours and break them down and find grammatical errors.

# 93 splff3000 @ 05/09/09 11:49 PM
Wow!!! Is anyone gonna talk about pro-tak in here? If I didn't know any better, I would think this thread was titled "The talk about anything other than pro-tak thread." I just read through 13 pages of the most random posts ever.......well other than the e-fight/debate on BB and Madden. Wow!!! Just Wow!!! What is OS turning into?

I'll still be here though......some of this stuff is good!

# 94 apexbronx @ 05/09/09 11:59 PM
great Stuff Ian, clarification is always good and your response was swift

# 95 lostintravise @ 05/10/09 12:25 AM
Wow! I love this warning. Thanks for the insight Ian!

# 96 PlatooN @ 05/10/09 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
Guys BB is going to be bad... Play selection is going to have no depth and passing game will be unrealistic...
and u know this....how?

# 97 The Art Shell Face @ 05/10/09 12:51 AM
Quote:
I'm sure an individual with grammar superior to yours *almighty* or a random forum member could take posts of yours and break them down and find grammatical errors.
Relax, I was just saying that I appreciate someone else being the bad guy instead of me having to. It was meant as a fun, random comment, not any sort of judgment on the original poster, nor was it a judgment on anybody who has ever made a grammatical error in a post (because I know I have, plenty of times). I'm just a dork, and I notice the little errors. I was just pointing out, I'm happy I'm not the only dork in here

# 98 MrStray72 @ 05/10/09 12:56 AM
So... you guys are going to start arguing about M10 vs. BB AGAIN??? Different games, different positives and negatives suiting individual preference, so how about NOBODY IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

So on topic...

Thanks again Ian for the updates! I was worried about the chopping, but I was crazy hyped regardless. I swear if I see some sweet Pro-Tak on O-line run blocking, like double-teaming-transition-to-LB chip blocking and stuff like that, I may just die and never actually get to play M10. LOL

Oh and Ian, sweet LT avatar! NY Gmen in 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Art Shell Face
Don't forget the random uses of there, they're, and their.

# 99 SouthernBrick @ 05/10/09 01:21 AM
Damn and the fight between BB and M10 continues. I thought it was going to end with Adem and some other guy. guess not!

# 100 42 @ 05/10/09 01:29 AM
This thread has obviously turned into a BB/Madden flame war which will not be tolerated, for that I will end it.

Closed.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.