Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Kotaku has the details. Any guesses?

Quote:
"The show also has more details on Mass Effect 2, some sort of big Madden NFL announcement and the reveal of a new game from Bethesda."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Da Bears @ 05/22/09 04:20 PM
The 2k team is jumping over to EA...I know I know I'm just playingIt needs to be ONLINE FRANCHISE.

# 62 Outkizast @ 05/22/09 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
Sports games suck online.
agreed.... too laggy for my taste.. I get used to the player on the screen moving RIGHT when I tell him to... I don't like having to guess when to hit the stick and when he will actually move...

Of course, it WOULD be fun to do the out-of-the-game stuff... like battling for free agents and whatnot... but who knows if you could even do that.... sooooo....

GO OFFLINE FRANCHISE!!!

# 63 Deegeezy @ 05/22/09 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
agreed.... too laggy for my taste.. I get used to the player on the screen moving RIGHT when I tell him to... I don't like having to guess when to hit the stick and when he will actually move...

Of course, it WOULD be fun to do the out-of-the-game stuff... like battling for free agents and whatnot... but who knows if you could even do that.... sooooo....

GO OFFLINE FRANCHISE!!!
That's an interesting point about online franchise. They'd have to do some serious tweaking to the free agency process to make it work.

I tell you what, it will definitely create a real-life situation where the top free agents end up with absurd contracts.

# 64 Da Bears @ 05/22/09 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I just feel like typing it again.

Online Franchise

Ah, that felt good.
I second that.

# 65 monkeybutlerz @ 05/22/09 06:17 PM
Isn't WET the new Bethesda game?

# 66 Yo-Yo @ 05/22/09 07:21 PM
I hope that they include the thing that nfl 2k5 had in their presentation. Sort of like an espn studio talking about the game and who will win. And during halftime have an interviewer talk to a player that had a good game!

# 67 TreyIM2 @ 05/22/09 08:14 PM
My quoting doesn't work but to address online gaming - It's cool and all but like some have said, it actually sux. Lag is ALWAYS gunna be an issue with online gaming due to so many different factors. Personally, I don't do a lot of online gaming not only because of that but because I'm an older cat and playing friends of mine is not fun like when I was younger. When u get older, more responsibilities and less time to game start to factor in. I honestly prefer gaming to myself, now, more than ever. When I have time, I like it to be my time and my time only, usually.

I hope this announcement, like I said I believe it's going to be, is about the presentation. The little I've seen of it so far looks great. Me wantee more-uh.

# 68 steelernation28 @ 05/22/09 08:58 PM
I hope in a evolution in the commentary and overall presentaion intensity.

# 69 marcoyk @ 05/23/09 08:42 PM
I'm not a big fan of online play. Most people play unrealistically and it forces me to too or else I'll get killed.

# 70 marcoyk @ 05/24/09 03:25 PM
An amazing presentation system sounds good to me too.

# 71 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/24/09 03:28 PM
Online frachise. Even though NCAA had it last year so tech it wouldn't be that big of news. But, if I had to guess it would be online chise.

I was hoping for fair play mode back into online play but, who knows. I loved the feature. It made people play football instead of back yard football.

# 72 Rback21 @ 05/24/09 03:46 PM
Most likely online fanchise but I hope it's an improved... no OVERHAULED presentation.

# 73 *Vidal*Haywood* @ 05/24/09 05:07 PM
this year i want too see some more catch animations thats one of the things i have been waiting on like forever. one thing is for sure i want to see some amazing open field catches, on madden 09 a player would be wide open and do a simple catch im getting sick of that and fly balls, the ball is being thrown to short the slowest defenders are usally able too deflect them on. On madden 09 i had leveranues coles going out for a fly route and ronde barber who speed is on 88 and laveranues is on 97 deflected it . I mean leveranues was ahead five or six yards and he deflected the pass the quarterback wasnt even under pressure.. at least add some more catch animations pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i hope u consider adding
more catch animations
and fixing the deep throw

open field catching or

# 74 Cardsince1988 @ 05/24/09 05:14 PM
Ooh. I'm liking that a lot (also liking the Mass Effect 2 details and new Fallout?)

I'm going to guess it's going to be online Franchise. Don't think they can ignore that.

# 75 *Vidal*Haywood* @ 05/24/09 05:26 PM
"i dont like the way reggie bush, willie parker and calvin johnson look on madden 09 they looked like tight ends and fullback out there" i mean "compared to dallas clark and jason witten they looked like darker duplicates of them please fix this minor problems i hope its not too difficult for u guys"

# 76 lint @ 05/25/09 01:09 AM
You will be able to play as a person GTA 4 style where you have to run your superstars life. Meet women, drive home, sleep and try to not take drugs while away from the team.

JP... but I would cry if this was true.

# 77 noransechie @ 05/25/09 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Vidal*Haywood*
this year i want too see some more catch animations thats one of the things i have been waiting on like forever. one thing is for sure i want to see some amazing open field catches, on madden 09 a player would be wide open and do a simple catch im getting sick of that and fly balls, the ball is being thrown to short the slowest defenders are usally able too deflect them on. On madden 09 i had leveranues coles going out for a fly route and ronde barber who speed is on 88 and laveranues is on 97 deflected it . I mean leveranues was ahead five or six yards and he deflected the pass the quarterback wasnt even under pressure.. at least add some more catch animations pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i hope u consider adding
more catch animations
and fixing the deep throw

open field catching or

^^^^ this is a must for me this year.

# 78 noransechie @ 05/25/09 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
You will be able to play as a person GTA 4 style where you have to run your superstars life. Meet women, drive home, sleep and try to not take drugs while away from the team.

JP... but I would cry if this was true.
i dunno if your being sarcastic or not...

but wow.

that must be the single most worthless idea ever.

holy crap, that's some sad shiet right there.

EDIT> sorry, i thought JP were someone's initials.. didn't pick it up.

# 79 Rebel10 @ 05/25/09 01:16 AM
Online Franchises is the only announcement that I really care about. Presentation overhaul, sure that'd be neat, but I can live without it and most of it would be a dream list anyway (ie, actually having games feel important, etc, which really no game does really well, even games with great presentation).

I'm thinking that it has to be some feature like Online Franchise because, if O.F. was not in the game, they would have announced it by now... and just told us that it wouldn't be in.

Although, who knows, the pessimist in me keeps thinking that they're holding out on O.F. so that it gives people more of a reason to buy NCAA, which so far, has been completely outclassed by the Madden news.

# 80 berad88 @ 05/25/09 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
My excitement about this game is now totally invested in E3... I have stopped caring about Madden 10 since the Draft, simply for lack of any real information (including Franchise Mode offline or online).
Some of you guys are so greedy. EA used to say nothing at all until the draft. They would normally show off their first trailer during the draft. They have been spoiling us with information this year and some people are still not happy. They are never going to be allowed to tell you every little thing about the game all at one time. They are always going to give you bits of info spread out over time. That is just how the business works.

If they have anything super huge to announce E3 would be the time to do it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.