Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 cherone21 @ 05/29/09 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3V1Ib4j4Rs&NR=1 Route based passing in 2k8. Watch this video. 2k8 is purely about timing. Madden the ball sticks to the receiver. The game is still for little kids. The hardcore fan is not in mind.

# 42 Hotlanta @ 05/29/09 10:42 PM
Couldn't they have made the circle more...umm...field friendly if they wanted to put this in?

It doesn't really bother me to see it there but did it have to red? Couldn't they have just made it semi-transparent white or green?

Edit:
I don't know man..someone above me might have been sipping on that Hatorade

# 43 TheWatcher @ 05/29/09 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
As for the red bulleye deally thing, I am almost certain that Ian and co will not leave that without a toggle option but actually, I first seen that in the co-op clips so it could be related to that, like someone else said.
That's doubtful based on the fact that it was seen at CD and no one to my knowledge played any Co-Op, and several vids have been shown besides co-op stuff still showing the landing circle.

I hope there is a way to turn it off, but I just know that this ball-landing circle was done with serious intent. With that said, I'm not that hopeful for a turn-off option... I mean I hope there is one, I just don't have a strong feeling that there will be.

# 44 kjcheezhead @ 05/29/09 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I don't know about that. I thought you had to play every position...

But my main point is, if some people want it that's cool, but let folks who don't want it turn it off. This is kinda like the celebration square situation all over again, except this time it's probably too late for them to do anything about it if they haven't already.
Its just something i've noticed in the change to next gen. When I played ps2, the best players I faced roamed the field with the free safety and user picked everything. Ps3 everyone likes to use lineman cause its too easy to get out of position anywhere else and when you are in position the ball gets there so fast you can't make a play. Hearing that the ball has been slowed down and that they will show you where to go means I will be playing people instead of the cpu when im on offense again.

This is crazy, I didn't like what I saw in the Eagles/Cowboys vid, but this 10 sec snippit and your response thrilled me!

# 45 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/29/09 10:47 PM
Another one bites the dust. Everyone wave bye-bye to cherone21. You won't see him in the Madden Forums for another month.

# 46 TheWatcher @ 05/29/09 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

Our first "Game Breaker" declaration for Madden NFL 10 perhaps? cherone, you realize when you post things like that, you're justifying everyone who makes fun of the "typical OS poster" with their claims of "GAMEBREAKER ZOMG!!!!" for every stupid little thing, right? Thanks for adding to the material, pal.

As for the little red circle, as long as there's an option to turn it off, who cares if it's there? Baseball games have had this for years. What's the big deal?
It's ugly, and sticks out as an eyesore, but that of course is a matter of subjectivity I realize that. But, we had the same sort of situation with the celebration squares prior to 09's release and that got a turn-off option through community feedback from different boards. This year, they took that a step further and added the turn-off for it as a standalone, so there is some history behind things like this being seen as an annoyance.

I don't play Baseball games. Baseball is just not my cup of tea, so I have no idea what that's like in that genre.

# 47 adembroski @ 05/29/09 10:50 PM
Route based passing... You know, I own 2k5, and I own APF, and the pass location works no differently in either of those games than Madden 10. If a guy is just about to make a cut, the QB will throw to the spot he should be. If he's away from a cut, the QB will throw to the logical spot he can make the play. It works the same in both games. If your timing is off, the game auto-adjusts the QBs target.

I think it should be less forgiving myself, but stop claiming 2k did something Madden 10's not in that respect.

The trouble is the defense, not the passing. Screw the passing for a minute.

If your WR is running a 10 yard square out (as opposed to a speed out, which is less timing-based), and the QB is taking a 5 step drop, the ball should be in the air before the WR has even hinted he might cut. When he turns his head, he should be able to raise his hands and catch the ball before he's even really started moving again. That's a perfect out. And the reason is, if he runs an out, the CB knows as soon as he pushes off his inside foot where the ball is going.

It's not the passing that needs adjusting... its' the defenders. They need to attack a pattern when they know what it is. The window for completing a square out pattern is tiny, and no game has yet really reflected that well.

# 48 Glorious Arc @ 05/29/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_boi
im wit ya on that.. the jerseys looked nice though ! Cant wait till E3.
I thought I was going to be the only one to say I like the new jerseys. Looks like Panther fans think alike

I could have seen them changing the color of the ring to a dark blue. Its fairly netural and doesnt invade like a bright red does. I honestly dont care though but am willing to give ideas.

# 49 coogrfan @ 05/29/09 11:12 PM
Quote:
Another one bites the dust. Everyone wave bye-bye to cherone21. You won't see him in the Madden Forums for another month.
They're dropping like flies, and it ain't even June yet.

# 50 Bgamer90 @ 05/29/09 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherone21
This is unacceptable. They can make you aware of when the ball is going to land by improving the ball physics and using a different camera. The ball should never leave the screen. I don't know who thinks that it is a good idea not to have a camera that always keeps the ball visible but it is a blunder in my opinion. Absolute game breaker. This game looks like 09 with some tweaks.
A red icon is a game breaker????

I mean I don't really like it either but that's freakin' ridiculous.

Huhhh.... took a break from OS for a good number of hours and come back to hear something like that lol.

# 51 Bgamer90 @ 05/29/09 11:16 PM
Quote:
Nice. lol.

# 52 marcoyk @ 05/29/09 11:18 PM
REPRESENT HAKEEM! I see you

# 53 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/29/09 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherone21
This engine is broken.
THANK YOU THANK YOU AND ONE MORE TIME THANK YOU !!!!.

I have felt this way for a long time, and with all this talk about how madden 10 is going to improve I cant see it with this engine.

Now Madden 10 does have improvements, but for some reason the animations are just bad on this engine. This is where I feel they can never get it right using this engine. Its a horrible engine for animations, and the only way they can get it better is by getting a whole new engine.

Man I'm so glad someone else feels the same way I do about the engine. The animations on the last gen madden just looked so much better.

# 54 bigmoe @ 05/29/09 11:19 PM
I have to believe Ian is too smart to have this in without an option to turn it off. IE weapons icons.

# 55 Bgamer90 @ 05/29/09 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
THANK YOU THANK YOU AND ONE MORE TIME THANK YOU !!!!.

Man I'm so glad someone else feels the same way I do about the engine. The animations on the last gen madden just looked so much better.
So you are agreeing with someone who said it just because there's a red icon in the game for the ball lol.

Nice way of deleting everything he said to make it sound like you and him are on the same viewpoint lol.

# 56 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/29/09 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
So you are agreeing with someone who said it just because there's a red icon in the game for the ball lol.

Nice way of deleting everything he said to make it sound like you and him are on the same viewpoint lol.
Not in that sense. My mind is stuck on the running animations, so maybe I geared off course with the topic.

I'm just not hyped on how the animations look in this game. It's really killing me.

# 57 kjcheezhead @ 05/29/09 11:46 PM
Damn, I guess I'm the only person in the world that likes the red dot. Doesn't anyone want to be able to play as the safety and be able to track the ball to make a pick besides me?

# 58 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/29/09 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Route based passing... You know, I own 2k5, and I own APF, and the pass location works no differently in either of those games than Madden 10. If a guy is just about to make a cut, the QB will throw to the spot he should be. If he's away from a cut, the QB will throw to the logical spot he can make the play. It works the same in both games. If your timing is off, the game auto-adjusts the QBs target.

I think it should be less forgiving myself, but stop claiming 2k did something Madden 10's not in that respect.

The trouble is the defense, not the passing. Screw the passing for a minute.

If your WR is running a 10 yard square out (as opposed to a speed out, which is less timing-based), and the QB is taking a 5 step drop, the ball should be in the air before the WR has even hinted he might cut. When he turns his head, he should be able to raise his hands and catch the ball before he's even really started moving again. That's a perfect out. And the reason is, if he runs an out, the CB knows as soon as he pushes off his inside foot where the ball is going.

It's not the passing that needs adjusting... its' the defenders. They need to attack a pattern when they know what it is. The window for completing a square out pattern is tiny, and no game has yet really reflected that well.
Truly. Every football game has the same passing styles and stuff like that. Nothing else to say accept that if you don't like madden 10 then go ncaa 10 are go back to nfl 2k5. Thats all I have to say.

# 59 4solo @ 05/29/09 11:48 PM
I agree with what u are saying about giving people the option to turn it off but it has always been some sort of marker on the field that tells you where the ball is going, since the very first madden? Maybe i'm missing the point or something?

# 60 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/29/09 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Damn, I guess I'm the only person in the world that likes the red dot. Doesn't anyone want to be able to play as the safety and be able to track the ball to make a pick besides me?
Well I wheather not have it. But hopefully it has a off and on option. If not I want die from it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.