See the schedule for wednesday

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 461 TheWatcher @ 06/03/09 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian on Twitter
Re: no highlights in the extra point..tough call but we wanted something (recaps) over nothing. They will be added in DLC, patch, or 11
I wonder what prevented this from being possible. I only really expected one fake highlight per game like 2K5 had. I thought it was a gimme considering that they have highlight functions available. I have to admit that this does hurt the franchise show an awful lot, and reduces it to being the same thing in a different packaging... I just gotta be honest.

I'm not super disappointed though, because I'm not a franchise guy anyway. I'm mostly concerned with Halftime and Postgame highlights, but I can see how this would be a downer for franchise folks. I think most people would've probably taken the highlights over the FMV personalities... you almost start to wonder if the FMV personalities are some sort of reason as to why there are no highlights. I hate to think like that, but Madden Team tends to make strange judgement calls like that every year so it at least enters your thoughts as a possibility, but that's just speculation of course.

One thing that caught my eye though is Shaun Hill's nameplate being wrong. Now I know Ian told me specifically here on OS not long ago that the nameplate situation was fixed entirely, but when you see the vid, you'll notice that Shaun Hill's nameplate says "S.Hill". This is wrong:

Unless they can't globally fix this, I can't figure out what the struggle is. I can't imagine how they couldn't have someone looking over this. I know the QA'ing of this can be done right. When I made the e-pak for 2K5, I practically edited every player in the game and I got very few complaints about stuff like this (and when I did I fixed it), and I was just one guy! The fail-safe is to check all starters and big-time players. If you follow that one general rule you'll almost never go wrong because for the most part that's what most fans pay attention to.

# 462 Cusefan @ 06/03/09 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So I just want to make sure I got the info straight, im late to the party: So there will be a halftime highlight show and a end of the game highlight show with someone commenting and breaking down the plays, right? But there won't be a highlight show during the Extra Point show in franchise mode, right? My last question is if you just play a season mode with a team, will there bea end of the game highlight show, showing hightlights from your game and other games going on around the league? Please someone give me some clarification on this?

Also as far the Extra Point Show not having highlights in franchise mode, fellas lets start a petition/topic on the forum now to have Ian and the other devs to include this in a patch or DLC, forget waiting till Madden11, lets get this in now so this will solidify this as the greatest Madden ever.
This is pretty much gaurenteed to be the best Madden Ever, I have no problem waiting until Madden 11 to have the best Football game ever. No Highlights in the EP show is not a huge deal for me. It would have been nice but I will wait patiently for DLC or 11. Lest we forget about all the other Improvement to Presentation, I will take that for what its worth...

# 463 adamgod8 @ 06/03/09 12:56 AM
After re-thinking about it...I am more excited that there are halftime and post-game shows than I am disappointed the EP show doesn't have highlights

# 464 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/03/09 01:05 AM
Nice wrap up up paste thanks. BTW will we still get the video 2 night are what.

# 465 TheWatcher @ 06/03/09 01:21 AM
At Community Day, The Extra Point was seen at Half-Time and Postgame. There were highlights of the game.

Maybe since then the name Extra Point was reserved for the franchise weekly show? And they've named the regular game stuff something else? I don't know.

As far as the player interviews, I think it was a smart move to leave the audio out. It's too hard to synch that right. I loved 2K's ambition with that in 2K5, but calling a spade a spade it was terrible and made me laugh at times.

# 466 stoncold32 @ 06/03/09 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
Because it kills the immersion imo, i hate when games use live action video instead of 3d models.
[ALF] "Ha!" [ALF]

# 467 Jukeman @ 06/03/09 01:29 AM
Maybe im the only one but I rather had real time scores like MLB 09 and if I pause the game or go into halftime, I can view the scores around the league like in Madden '94...Also have the scores scroll across the screen with real time updates like espn.....

Dont see how pre-rendered highlights are cool....Im more happy about seeing REAL highlights from the game that was played for the post game and half time show....

All in all, weekly highlights are OVERRATED IMHO....They didnt happen lol

Unless EA came up with a engine where these highlights were random and not made up, I dont see the hype in them...

# 468 adamgod8 @ 06/03/09 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
Maybe im the only one but I rather had real time scores like MLB 09 and if I pause the game or go into halftime, I can view the scores around the league like in Madden '94...Also have the scores scroll across the screen with real time updates like espn.....

Dont see how pre-rendered highlights are cool....Im more happy about seeing REAL highlights from the game that was played for the post game and half time show....

All in all, weekly highlights are OVERRATED IMHO....They didnt happen lol

Unless EA came up with a engine where these highlights were random and not made up, I dont see the hype in them...
Not if its an Online Franchise, I want to see highlights of my friends games

# 469 Jukeman @ 06/03/09 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
Not if its an Online Franchise, I want to see highlights of my friends games
If were just talking about online then yea thats a whole diff story....They should also have spectator mode

# 470 Candyman5 @ 06/03/09 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
If were just talking about online then yea thats a whole diff story....They should also have spectator mode
absolutely

# 471 kbigmike2121 @ 06/03/09 02:16 AM
Ian did confirm that there were no highlights for the XP show, he said that it was a tough decision, and that possibly we could see them in patches and or DLC packs, and if not those definitely next year.

Heres the proof:

"ian_cummingsRe: no highlights in the extra point..tough call but we wanted something (recaps) over nothing. They will be added in DLC, patch, or 11"
about 5 hours ago from TwitterFon

# 472 adamgod8 @ 06/03/09 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbigmike2121
Ian did confirm that there were no highlights for the XP show, he said that it was a tough decision, and that possibly we could see them in patches and or DLC packs, and if not those definitely next year.

Heres the proof:

"ian_cummingsRe: no highlights in the extra point..tough call but we wanted something (recaps) over nothing. They will be added in DLC, patch, or 11"
about 5 hours ago from TwitterFon
Yupp... Page 8

# 473 kbigmike2121 @ 06/03/09 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
Yupp... Page 8
Oh sorry my friends, I guess my thread searching skills really suck.

# 474 statum71 @ 06/03/09 02:37 AM
And here's confirmation. On Chases's video, at the beginning when he's scrolling through teams. Look in the top right corner and you can see the "selected 0/32" text

http://www.operationsports.com/videoview.php?id=384

# 475 Palo20 @ 06/03/09 02:40 AM
I'd like to know if we can do this in both online and offline franchises??

# 476 statum71 @ 06/03/09 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'd like to know if we can do this in both online and offline franchises??
To my understanding yes. Offline team select is not changing. Thats the impression I'm given by guys I've ask from E3. And online (up to 32 players) is what they've been promoting the first two days at E3.

# 477 SoxFan01605 @ 06/03/09 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I just want the ability to switch teams in Franchise mode half way through a franchise
Exactly. I'd like it like it was on the last gen versions (up to 06 at least...stopped playing them after that).

# 478 TJdaSportsGuy @ 06/03/09 05:51 AM
Everyone wave bye-bye to DHB_8, who won't be visiting the Madden Forums anytime soon.

# 479 Skyboxer @ 06/03/09 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Everyone wave bye-bye to DHB_8, who won't be visiting the Madden Forums anytime soon.
Thank you TJ...

# 480 thesteamontheboat @ 06/03/09 08:14 AM
I would like to know if you can change teams during your franchise without picking the team before you start your franchise. Kinda like NCAA you get like a contract cause me personally I love rebuilding teams and if I have to stay with the same team the whole time that will get a little boring.
And im not talking about picking multiple teams at once just one then after say year 4 i want to go from the dolphins to the panthers is that possible?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.