Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted his impressions of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"Game planning is another addition that provides the user with a way to influence how the team plays. What I most like about this is since you can only control one guy at a time the CPU has in general just played a standard way in the past. Now you can set it to conservative, balanced, or aggressive for offense and defense. Set to aggressive and your players will go for strips and try to break tackles. Basically they look for the big play in all situations. Set to conservative and the players will try to avoid the big mistake and play it safe. This will affect both the CPU controlled players and the player being user controlled.

I saw the effects of this immediately in my first game when I set both to aggressive. This is likely how most people will begin until they realize the downsides. On the first two possessions I was called for three face masks. In another game I said the hell with it I was going aggressive again. On one of the kick returns my guy practically refused to go down which ended up resulting in a fumble. I would recommend aggressive for situational use as opposed to playing that way for a full game. Conservative fits my play style better anyway so I shifted back to that for the most part. Balanced would provide a similar style to how the CPU has generally played in the past."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TallyBoi7 @ 06/04/09 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
...that is rather true, though. So many people kept asking for CAS, and Div II schools. So EA knocked both of them out with one stone essentially, and people are complaining about it.

I just hope the gameplay team did as much under the hood work at the Teambuilder crew.
Who asked for Div. II schools???

# 22 sportzbro @ 06/04/09 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Who asked for Div. II schools???
Pretty sure he means D-1AA/FCS schools

# 23 CKW11 @ 06/04/09 12:27 PM
Sounds like they didnt do much fancy or flashy, other than TB, but they addressed some serious AI issues, or tried to at least. At least it seems like a step in the right direction.

# 24 sportzbro @ 06/04/09 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
Sounds like they didnt do much fancy or flashy, other than TB, but they addressed some serious AI issues, or tried to at least. At least it seems like a step in the right direction.
I'm getting tired of "steps".. we should be there by there by now imo.

# 25 CKW11 @ 06/04/09 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I'm getting tired of "steps".. we should be there by there by now imo.
Oh i am too, and feel the same way man, but something is better than nothing.

# 26 FSU93 @ 06/04/09 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
That review has me excited! So many flaws of 09 sound like they have been fixed. Of course, is classic OS fashion, the thread title points out no team entrances lol.

# 27 sportyguyfl31 @ 06/04/09 01:52 PM
I cant take gameplay impressions seriously, when it was played on varsity.

# 28 Drocks @ 06/04/09 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I cant take gameplay impressions seriously, when it was played on varsity.
He played All-American level the next day. That is what a lot of this review is based on.

# 29 badpoet @ 06/04/09 02:08 PM
I'm so much less worried about presentation than I am about gameplay. I don't care if there are player entrances or postgame shows I won't watch. I want a game that plays solidly and gives you a feel of college football. Atmosphere at the stadium is important, but little things like player intros or how they didn't get X and Y stadium exactly right aren't.

# 30 KG @ 06/04/09 02:20 PM
I read his site pretty often and he didn't sound very excited in his review.

One thing I don't like is the "linked plays" feature. It seems like a cheap exploit to me.

# 31 rudyjuly2 @ 06/04/09 02:24 PM
Review sounds good. I'd really like to know how the cpu running game was and how they run the spread. I wonder what his thoughts are on Madden vs. NCAA.

# 32 stoncold32 @ 06/04/09 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I read his site pretty often and he didn't sound very excited in his review.

One thing I don't like is the "linked plays" feature. It seems like a cheap exploit to me.
I think it would be better if the notion of set-up plays were in the game, but not shown. I mean, I'm not 10 years old, I know what sets up what in football. I dont need to be told that running successfully will setup the PA pass.

# 33 legendkiller5 @ 06/04/09 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpoet
I'm so much less worried about presentation than I am about gameplay. I don't care if there are player entrances or postgame shows I won't watch. I want a game that plays solidly and gives you a feel of college football. Atmosphere at the stadium is important, but little things like player intros or how they didn't get X and Y stadium exactly right aren't.

Yeah, b/c pre-game band routines(that are well done) and specific team entrances don't add to the atmosphere of college football nor 'give(s) you a feel of college football.' No, of course not.

# 34 moylan1234 @ 06/04/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
That means the generic FCS teams will always be on the schedule no matter what! That is NOT real!!!
you realize you can edit your schedule and remove those teams right?

# 35 michigan21 @ 06/04/09 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
no new camera angles - FALSE. There isn't MULTIPLE camera angles, but there is a NEW camera angle.

no new presentation - FALSE again.

patch improved gameplay. Patch? I'm curious how much dev time you think it would take to implement adaptive AI, modify OL/DL, WR/CB interactions, implement branching animations, among NUMEROUS other updates to the gameplay. Just curious why you call this a "patch". Is this how it works?

if (version == "09")
gameplay = "sucks";
else if (version == "10")
gameplay = "better";
Seriously? The game might play a little better than 09, it may have bands on the field, it may have adaptive AI, a slight or even nice improvement over 09 is not worth 60 bucks. I think a lot of old timers like myself (over 35) seen what happened to the March Madness franchise, and see similarities to the ncaa franchise.

# 36 Drocks @ 06/04/09 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I think it would be better if the notion of set-up plays were in the game, but not shown. I mean, I'm not 10 years old, I know what sets up what in football. I dont need to be told that running successfully will setup the PA pass.
Yeah, maybe an option to take off the percentages would be good, so a user can determine on their own discretion whether a play is set up or not. Kinda adds to the cat and mouse game moreso.

# 37 moylan1234 @ 06/04/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Wow...just wow. How the NCAA team keep their jobs is beyond me.
don't you think there's a chance that's just a glitch that has already been fixed?

# 38 superjames1992 @ 06/04/09 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes787
HEY GUYS QUIT WHINING NCAA 09 WAS AWSOME NCAA 10 WILLL BE GREATER. AND ANOTHER THING I WILL NOT BE SKIPING THE BANDS UNLESS THEY SHOW USC OR TEXAS. BUT ANYWAY I WILL HAVE 244 WINS JUST LIKE IN NCAA 09 SO NO BIG DEAL. CAN'T WAIT TO OWN YOU GUYS JUST LIKE LAST YEAR.GO BUCKEYES!
Caps really aren't necessary.

# 39 michigan21 @ 06/04/09 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
don't you think there's a chance that's just a glitch that has already been fixed?
Umm, no.

# 40 da ThRONe @ 06/04/09 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
Umm, no.
I respect moylan55 but some people here just make a bunch of excuses for NCAA. If you like this game no prob I do too to a point. Im not going to come here and start insulting people for doing there job at the sametime im not making excuses for a group adults that are putting out an inferior product.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.