Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Yes, we have a beta copy of NCAA Football 10. Check out the first of many videos and screenshots.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sportzbro @ 06/12/09 11:35 PM
There is just something missing for me, whether its the presentation or smooth gameplay.. its just not there. Everything looks to be choppy and almost predetermined.. no suspense. Plays just happen and then the scene is over, and its the worst on touchdowns. The throwing animations & run animations really bother me as well.

# 22 huskeraddict @ 06/12/09 11:38 PM
The 'Defense' chant was cool but it seemed to be just playing over the crowd instead of feeling integrated in the crowd. Almost sounded user-inputed with a Stadium Sound.

# 23 sportzbro @ 06/12/09 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
You really haven't played many sports games have you.
when you take into account what the expectations were for 2010, and compare them to what has actually been done.. then yes, I feel that my statement is justified.

# 24 ty5oke @ 06/12/09 11:40 PM
Thanks for the gameplay video. So far I've been pretty disappointed in the game and this video didn't do anything to change my mind. Look forward to seeing more gameplay but as of now I don't see much of a difference from last year.

# 25 marcoyk @ 06/12/09 11:51 PM
There's a video on the Inside EA Sports blog that no one from OS has posted yet, but it shows a full game of Madden 10 with ten minute quarters. When you compare the two... not even remotely close. This game has disappointed me recently but hasn't really increased my disappointment with this video. It hasn't gotten me excited either. Thanks for the video. I'm still hoping for the best from NCAA as I already know I'll be getting a great game in Madden 10 when August rolls around.

# 26 sportzbro @ 06/13/09 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
There's a video on the Inside EA Sports blog that no one from OS has posted yet, but it shows a full game of Madden 10 with ten minute quarters. When you compare the two... not even remotely close. This game has disappointed me recently but hasn't really increased my disappointment with this video. It hasn't gotten me excited either. Thanks for the video. I'm still hoping for the best from NCAA as I already know I'll be getting a great game in Madden 10 when August rolls around.
Ian posted the vid in the Madden forum earlier.

# 27 mmorg @ 06/13/09 12:11 AM
Only 2 things I didn't like were no player momentum at all and QB's were still throwing like Johnny On The Spot. Hopefully QB accuracy was tweaked so make them less accurate.

This video has me actually excited for NCAA football again. But I still hope next year EA shakes up their plan for the game.

# 28 rudyjuly2 @ 06/13/09 12:15 AM
I liked the video. The player lock angles were cool to see even if I couldn't tell what was going on. It seemed every time Steve used player lock the play went away from him.

The more videos I see the better.

# 29 rudyjuly2 @ 06/13/09 12:29 AM
I will say this. I do think the Madden videos are nice but I think people are being overly critical of the NCAA ones and overly nice on the Madden ones. I personally think the Madden gameplay speed is way too slow and prefer the NCAA speed. Not a huge deal since Madden has a speed slider but even guys like Chris Johnson feel like they are running in mud.

Glad we are seeing betas now and I'm starting to get excited again.

# 30 Ed O'Neil @ 06/13/09 12:30 AM
I can never get these videos to load ..

All I get is a white rectangle saying this ..

'Miami (AI) moves the ball to get the first points of the game. FSU starts off on the right foot. ******** language="javascript" src="http://publishers.springboard.gorillanation.com/js/get_superconfig_data.php?player_id=ospt001" type="text/javascript"> ******** language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> if (typeof(companion_gnm_ord)=='undefined') companion_gnm_ord=Math.random()*10000000000000000; if (typeof(companion_gnm_tile) == 'undefined') companion_gnm_tile=1; document.write('') ******** language="javascript" src="http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/js/swfobject.js" type="text/javascript"> '

Any help?

# 31 sportzbro @ 06/13/09 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I will say this. I do think the Madden videos are nice but I think people are being overly critical of the NCAA ones and overly nice on the Madden ones. I personally think the Madden gameplay speed is way too slow and prefer the NCAA speed. Not a huge deal since Madden has a speed slider but even guys like Chris Johnson feel like they are running in mud.

I believe running animation contributes a large amount to how the speed of the game feels... I'd be more comfortable with the speed of NCAA if the players actually somewhat resembled a human running motion. Madden has tweaked the animations, and the slower play is more tolerable.. still not great though.

# 32 Speedy @ 06/13/09 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I believe running animation contributes a large amount to how the speed of the game feels... I'd be more comfortable with the speed of NCAA if the players actually somewhat resembled a human running motion. Madden has tweaked the animations, and the slower play is more tolerable.. still not great though.
The look of the game itself is an improvement with the stadium, fans, and the field (I also like the camera view) but agreed w/the running animation - it looks too robotic. I still don't like the fact that players can run full speed in one direction then "turn" another way and run full speed without any slowing down...there's no transition or turning shoulders, hips, extra steps, etc.

# 33 Young J 334 @ 06/13/09 01:36 AM
The angle at which the camera follows the ball and the gameplay is quite nice overall . My only pet peeve at this point is the sideline interaction. It is booooring! No emotion. Just happiness and jubilation even if your team is losing. FAIL

# 34 moylan1234 @ 06/13/09 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Ian said he had the game speed set to slow on that vid. however i really don't get the criticism NCAA is getting. that madden vid was just awful, to me it's Madden 09 with more cutscenes. they didn't even get off target shotgun snaps.

# 35 Shade Shadows @ 06/13/09 02:00 AM
The OPed drag route is still going strong i see.

# 36 stoncold32 @ 06/13/09 02:02 AM
wow that Defense chant sounded terrible.

# 37 Solidice @ 06/13/09 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
wow that Defense chant sounded terrible.
I'm fairly certain it was from a custom stadium sound

# 38 Rocky @ 06/13/09 03:05 AM
I know I going to get bashed for saying this, but it's never stopped me before so:

The presentation in NCAA is better than the presentation in Madden.

Yes I said it. For two reasons.

1) and very obviously the commentary. There is more banter back and forth between the commentators creating a flow within the game. Madden's commentary is so atrocious that it distracts from the game.

2) NCAA is less schizo. I like the cutscenes in Madden, I think he actual scene is well done. I just think the timing and transitions are so jerky and random. Again, NCAA has a flow to it that makes it easier to get into.

# 39 sportzbro @ 06/13/09 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I know I going to get bashed for saying this, but it's never stopped me before so:

The presentation in NCAA is better than the presentation in Madden.

Yes I said it. For two reasons.

1) and very obviously the commentary. There is more banter back and forth between the commentators creating a flow within the game. Madden's commentary is so atrocious that it distracts from the game.

2) NCAA is less schizo. I like the cutscenes in Madden, I think he actual scene is well done. I just think the timing and transitions are so jerky and random. Again, NCAA has a flow to it that makes it easier to get into.
I agree with about #1 hands down. That has been something that has been consistently better than Madden.

With #2 though, you can't tell me you wouldn't want pregame warmups, player breakdown, halftime show, post game interviews, players running into the tunnel, 3D fans, or real coaches on the sidelines..

Madden dominates #2 this year.

# 40 moylan1234 @ 06/13/09 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I agree with about #1 hands down. That has been something that has been consistently better than Madden.

With #2 though, you can't tell me you wouldn't want pregame warmups, player breakdown, halftime show, post game interviews, players running into the tunnel, 3D fans, or real coaches on the sidelines..

Madden dominates #2 this year.
woa woa woa...did you watch that madden vid? I totally agree with #2 statement I definitely do want that stuff, but from what I saw today you're insulting halftime shows by referring to that as a halftime show. pregame warmups, stat banners, and cutscenes were all really good, but i didn't see any of that other stuff you listed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.