Home
UFC 2009 Undisputed News Post

Xbox360achievements has the scoop.

Quote:
"In what started out as an internet rumour, UFC president, Dana White, confirmed after Saturday's UFC 100 that anyone appearing in EA's MMA title would not fight in the UFC.

MMAjunkie are reporting that White stated that he was at "war" with EA Sports and insisted that they didn't throw the first punch.

"EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport,'" White said. "'We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'"

"We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world," White said. "We go out there and do this thing, and it's successful, and now ******* EA Sports wants to do a video game. Really? That's not what you told us a year-and-a-half ago."

"You told us you'd never be in business with us. They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them. This wasn't a real sport. Boy, they got over that real quick, didn't they?"

Game: UFC 2009 UndisputedReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
UFC 2009 Undisputed Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TracerBullet @ 07/14/09 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
ESPN showed a lot of love to the UFC this weekend.
Yes on Sportscenter. This was pretty much the first time that UFC was their main topic for a few days. Watch Any other show on ESPN and they talk about how all it is is bloodshed and chaos and how people shouldn't watch it because its inhumane. I really enjoy ESPN, but it seems like when UFC or Soccer are on the network, 80% of the people who talk about it hate it even though they know nothing about it at all. Also they really need to work on getting the terms of MMA down since they are finally starting to except that it is growing. Watching their highlights and listening to their commentary on it was painful. Honestly I think if they got more experts in these sports, they'd sound a lot smarter in this area instead of bashing it with minimal knowledge like they do now.

# 22 The Chef @ 07/14/09 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
it does make sense, because that's the only thing anybody ever seems to hold against EA. "they took the nfl license away and have made terrible football games, i hate everything they do because of it" just look at the posts made here about how they can't get football right, or their games have sucked until recently anyway. it just shows that people want to hate EA for anything possible.
if so and so wouldn't have played it because it was an EA game, then why does it even matter that they said no? they're a business just like every other game company. do you really think THQ went with the game because they love mma so much? no, they "saw the dollar signs" as you said. if anything, I'd say it worked out better for everybody, since nobody would have even given EA a chance based on the responses I see here, and if they had said yes, everybody would be up in arms about Dana selling out to EA.
What? THQ went into it with the UFC with no guarantee that the game would sell. THQ put everything on the line because they had faith that it would sell while EA said it wasnt even a sport. I would say thats a rather large difference between the circumstances surrounding what caused THQ to jump on board and what caused EA to now jump on board. In the end there can be no NFL game thanks to EA but there can still be a professionally based MMA game, on any system mind you, so trying to compare EA/NFL to THQ/UFC is completely ridiculous, they are completely different.

# 23 texbuk84 @ 07/14/09 05:39 AM
that's what I'm talking about DANA. I also read in an article where the CEO of EA Sports said our shareholders don't give a crap about innovation and making a great game for the consumers, all they care about is the stability of our Stocks and that's what we cater to. I was like wow man so this helped me finally get over wishing for great games from EA Sports(only because bad company, dead space etc are great titles) and accept what they give out.

# 24 videobastard @ 07/14/09 09:12 AM
Im glad EA did not make a deal with UFC. EA would of probably made the controls terrible, and added a bunch of bad gimmicks. EA takes too long in developing good things into their series.

# 25 tabulaRasa @ 07/14/09 10:29 AM
Totally agree withDana.

# 26 aholbert32 @ 07/14/09 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
Yes on Sportscenter. This was pretty much the first time that UFC was their main topic for a few days. Watch Any other show on ESPN and they talk about how all it is is bloodshed and chaos and how people shouldn't watch it because its inhumane. I really enjoy ESPN, but it seems like when UFC or Soccer are on the network, 80% of the people who talk about it hate it even though they know nothing about it at all. Also they really need to work on getting the terms of MMA down since they are finally starting to except that it is growing. Watching their highlights and listening to their commentary on it was painful. Honestly I think if they got more experts in these sports, they'd sound a lot smarter in this area instead of bashing it with minimal knowledge like they do now.
ESPN has the only entertaining and informative weekly MMA show in MMA Live on ESPN.com(I dont like Inside MMA).

# 27 ezekiel55 @ 07/14/09 10:45 AM
If Dana is saying that anyone who appears in the EA MMA game will never fight for the UFC, I'm sure he's gonna eat crow once Fedor's likeness is in the EA game.

You know EA is busting their *** to sign Fedor, because otherwise, there arent enough names to sell people on their roster.

# 28 Money99 @ 07/14/09 11:03 AM
Quote:
I don't get why poeple say it's not a port or it won't catch on. Even a few years ago the UFC was growing pretty fast. Sucks EA missed their chance but it's their own fault if these statements are true (which I think they are). They treated the UFC just like ESPN does, talk about how its just chaos and there's no skill to it. Sad. Oh well though maybe EA can still maek a good game and hopefully THQ continues to build their already promising franchise.
The local bar/restaurant near my home had to pay $2000 to show UFC 100. Talking with the manager last night he said they made that money back in spades.
He said he's never seen his restaurant that busy ever before.

I can't remember the last time a major boxing event or card filled up a local establishment.

I'm a bigtime boxing fan but I can see the genius that is the UFC. It's marketed to perfection. They put together very competivie and entertaining cards the majority of the time.
And they make sure to pit fighters of equal ability against one another to ensure the best possible chance for epic, close fights.

That's the beauty of running a sport with one person at the helm.

And now UFC has something boxing doesn't have, and probably won't have for a long, long time; a dominant heavyweight force that seems nearly unbeatable. And the very least, Lesner is so disliked you know he'll sell out more PPV's playing the heel.

UFC not a real sport? If it's not, then it's dominating whatever category it belongs to.

# 29 aholbert32 @ 07/14/09 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel55
If Dana is saying that anyone who appears in the EA MMA game will never fight for the UFC, I'm sure he's gonna eat crow once Fedor's likeness is in the EA game.

You know EA is busting their *** to sign Fedor, because otherwise, there arent enough names to sell people on their roster.
Fedor will be an exception just like Couture. Also dont doubt that Fedor could be in both games. If Dana signs him after August, its a slight possibility.

# 30 Wet Bandit @ 07/14/09 11:14 AM
Here's Peter Moore's reponse:

"I know there has been some recent discussion about EA Sports bringing a challenger to this sport. I love mixed martial arts, and we've been working on a game concept since I came to [EA] two years ago. I have great respect for the organizations and individuals that have invested in the sport's growth over the past decade – so this is one that is near and dear to me and I'm excited to see such good progress to date. I trace my MMA video game roots back to my support of Crave's UFC title on the Dreamcast in 2000, and have been a fan ever since. Our title will bring both innovation and further authenticity to mixed martial arts, not to mention a strong global publishing network that will help spread the sport's popularity around the world."

In other words, what Dana and Lorenzo are saying is probably very true. But since Peter Moore took over, things have changed somewhat. Too little, too late in the UFC's eyes.

# 31 allBthere @ 07/14/09 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Here's Peter Moore's reponse:

"I know there has been some recent discussion about EA Sports bringing a challenger to this sport. I love mixed martial arts, and we've been working on a game concept since I came to [EA] two years ago. I have great respect for the organizations and individuals that have invested in the sport's growth over the past decade – so this is one that is near and dear to me and I'm excited to see such good progress to date. I trace my MMA video game roots back to my support of Crave's UFC title on the Dreamcast in 2000, and have been a fan ever since. Our title will bring both innovation and further authenticity to mixed martial arts, not to mention a strong global publishing network that will help spread the sport's popularity around the world."

In other words, what Dana and Lorenzo are saying is probably very true. But since Peter Moore took over, things have changed somewhat. Too little, too late in the UFC's eyes.
but so what? THQ hit a home run with their game...it's not unfortunate at all in my eyes. When I compare the fighting in FN to UFC I'm thrilled THQ/Yukes was behind the game. To me it's one of the "things happen for a reason" types of situations.

I wonder who's going to develop EA's mma game? For some reason I can picture future press releases - "we've brough our hugely successful FN engine into our MMA game. Our heralded counter system is in the game too.." etc etc.
that would suck.

# 32 DTX3 @ 07/14/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
I don't get why poeple say it's not a port or it won't catch on. Even a few years ago the UFC was growing pretty fast. Sucks EA missed their chance but it's their own fault if these statements are true (which I think they are). They treated the UFC just like ESPN does, talk about how its just chaos and there's no skill to it. Sad. Oh well though maybe EA can still maek a good game and hopefully THQ continues to build their already promising franchise.
Quote:
ESPN has been showing UFC love since UFC 91 I believe. A weekly MMA show on the internet. You make it sound like ESPN bashes the sport these days.

Good for Dana and the UFC, EA really screwed themselves on this one.

# 33 Salhus @ 07/14/09 03:25 PM
I would like it much better if EA did a game of Pride or another organization. I would like to fight with other fighters...maybe a Mousasi, Fedor, etc.

# 34 DTX3 @ 07/14/09 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadKingpin
It still tickles me how everyone still makes EA out to be the bad guy in the whole NFL License deal. In all honesty,you could(and should be) blaming the NFL for putting the license up for grabs in the first place. 2K Sports had their chance for it and they passed on it,EA Sports didn't.

As far as what Dana White is doing,I think alot of you are hypocrites. When EA Sports pulls that stunt,you're all over them for it. Now Dana is doing it and everybody is "you go Dana" What happened to competition is good for business. Or is that just a line people use when EA Sports is holding all the cards?
2K NEVER had the kind of money EA had/has. Ridiculous to say 2K "could've" locked up exclusive NFL rights. Hypocrites? Why? Because EA didn't think MMA was a sport back then and now since it's making money and blowing up they want a piece of the cake? Okay. Your post doesn't even make sense. With or without the UFC license, EA will make their game. I'm just glad they shot themselves in the foot.

# 35 DubTrey1 @ 07/14/09 04:46 PM
Dana White is a gangsta... LOL. "Bow down EA, bow down..." Ha, I really am looking forward to see who EA tries to get a hold of......

# 36 DocHolliday @ 07/14/09 05:28 PM
Chilllllllll Winston.....

# 37 DTX3 @ 07/14/09 05:35 PM
Quote:
2K NEVER had the kind of money EA had/has. Ridiculous to say 2K "could've" locked up exclusive NFL rights.

Where did I say 2k could have locked up exclusive rights? I never said that,all I basically said was that whole deal didn't go down the way people on these forums like to tell it. But oh I forgot,the story sounds a whole lot better when it's told the way people on these forums tell it. ****in idiot.
Quote:
It still tickles me how everyone still makes EA out to be the bad guy in the whole NFL License deal. In all honesty,you could(and should be) blaming the NFL for putting the license up for grabs in the first place. 2K Sports had their chance for it and they passed on it,EA Sports didn't.
I guess you don't think when you post here.

# 38 allBthere @ 07/14/09 05:39 PM
...erm...PWNT

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.