Home
Madden 2010 News Post

MaddenTips have made the Madden NFL 10 Playbooks & Diagrams available now, for free download. This eBook file includes all 32 Team Playbooks as well as the scheme specific & defensive books.

http://www.maddentips.com/pc (PC)

http://www.maddentips.com/mac (Mac)

Enjoy!

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 iBlievN5 @ 08/07/09 09:02 PM
i can haz iphone app?

# 62 Cryolemon @ 08/08/09 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP23
I think they only put the wildcat for teams that used it last year. From what i seen so far the dophins are the only team with passing plays in there Wildcat.
The Jets used it last year.

# 63 geraldparr @ 08/08/09 09:03 PM
i tried to print 49ers playbooks but many of the diagrams wouldn't fit on the page. tried changing page layout from portrait to landscape but didn't help. anyone know how to get all the plays to fit on the printed page?

# 64 DeuceZeroz @ 08/09/09 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldparr
i tried to print 49ers playbooks but many of the diagrams wouldn't fit on the page. tried changing page layout from portrait to landscape but didn't help. anyone know how to get all the plays to fit on the printed page?
when you go to print..go to your preferences and set your pages per sheet to more than one...i printed out my teams entire playbook as well..so i can set up some situational things one i have the game in my hands..

# 65 Got The Goods @ 08/09/09 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
if you are pass-happy, check out the Eagles pb. good stuff in there
Yeah man, the Eagles OPB looks real fun this year, ton of "Philly" plays, can't wait to use em all.

# 66 quadragintanovem @ 11/03/09 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
I'm glad to see that the West Coast Generic playbook has been revamped this year. Looks, like they have taken a lit bit from all of the WCO playbooks.
You really think so?

Not only is there like 7 shotgun formations (you never saw this in the WCO until this last decade), but there isn't one single split back formation in it. The WCO was founded on the split back formation. I dont get it.

And the 49ers playbook is missing somethings to. They dont have the gun empty flex trips formation, where Vernon Davis is flexed at the line, and there were some formations run against the colts that are not in the playbook like that tight single back formation they ran that looks like this-

notice the TE is not on the line on the right. This is the formation Gore scored the 60 something yard run on. Here is a vid showing it

go to 0:10

# 67 SFNiners816 @ 11/03/09 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadragintanovem
You really think so?

Not only is there like 7 shotgun formations (you never saw this in the WCO until this last decade), but there isn't one single split back formation in it. The WCO was founded on the split back formation. I dont get it.

And the 49ers playbook is missing somethings to. They dont have the gun empty flex trips formation, where Vernon Davis is flexed at the line, and there were some formations run against the colts that are not in the playbook like that tight single back formation they ran that looks like this-

notice the TE is not on the line on the right. This is the formation Gore scored the 60 something yard run on. Here is a vid showing it

go to 0:10

What I was saying is that it has a lot of plays from WCO playbooks in Madden. It takes a lot of stuff from Philly's, Seattle's and New Orleans playbooks.

The WCO is much more that just formations. Now, I know that the split is the signature formation, but it does have the far/near formations which are also signature formations from the traditional (80's - 90's niners) WCO. I really like the plays from these formations. It doesn't get much more WCO formation than Far Tight. Besides, with the I forms, near/far, and Weak forms you can do what the orginal WCO set out to, which is run an offense using base sets (2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FB & 1 HB).

The West Coast playbook has a lot of the staple WCO concepts:
- Flanker Drives
- Spot routes
- PA Counter Waggles
- Texas routes
- Bingo crosses
- Mesh routes
- flanker Hooks
- Power sweeps (from the Far formation)
- HB toss (from the Far Tight formation)
- HB/FB dives (from Far/Near Forms)

As far as shotgun forms, every playbook in madden has a bunch of shotgun formations. Now, I know my niners didn't use the shotgun back in the day but it is still nice to have them as they also have a lot of WCO concepts within them.

Now, I know the playbook is far from perfect, but imo it has the best WCO feel of any playbook in this years game. If you are really needing the split formaton use Seattles. I thinks the best versions of the WCO in madden are the following:

- Generic WC (combo of all forms)
- Seattle (Holmgren's Version)
- Philly (Reid's Version)
- Houston (Kubiak's ie Mike Shanahan's Version)
- New Orleans (Paytons's version)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.