Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Evening folks,

Wanted to take a moment to quickly provide some details on the roster update that's rolling out tomorrow morning.

Some time between 5:00 am and 8:00 am EST the new roster will be deployed. When this happens everyone connected to our servers will be kicked off. We chose this window because it's the time with the least amount of server traffic. When the rosters are deployed the server will be restarted, resulting in just a few minutes of downtime.

At around 10:00 am EST, we will deploy the same roster to our Online Franchise server. When this happens everyone connected to that server will be kicked off. After several minutes of downtime the server will come back online and all newly created franchises from that point on will use the new roster.

This roster includes the much hyped addition of Mike Vick and Brett Favre as well as many other preseason updates. We hope you all enjoy it.

Phil

FAQ - Some of the early questions so those jumping into this thread can quickly catch up.

Q - What's up with the title update? Will I have to restart my franchise? Will the title update contain broadcast cameras? Etc...
A - We're still working through all of the details for our first title update and closer to it's release will provide this level of detail. Stay tuned!

Q - Why did I say tonight?
A - Fixed. I guess because I'll still be sleeping I consider it tonight.

Q - Will we release notes detailing the roster update?
A - Likely. We will work to release these tomorrow.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 frankplastictrees @ 08/18/09 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkizzlemynizzle
This further proves my belief that everyone who wants to post on this site should have to pass an I.Q. test to be allowed the privilege of doing so.
While he did have little grasp of the English language, he was spot on with all the problems with the game.

# 42 cowboyscowboys @ 08/18/09 10:23 PM
Sweet looking forward to seeing some of the updates

# 43 AJohnson88 @ 08/18/09 10:25 PM
Mike Vick Still Goin Be The Man On Madden 10 As If It Was Madden 08

# 44 Sanchez_Mareno @ 08/18/09 10:27 PM
Another to ask if the patch will affect already existing franchises
Obviously the roster update wont but everything else?

# 45 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/18/09 11:02 PM
Awesome. This is going to make me strongly consider to start up my franchise soon.

# 46 creaturedog @ 08/19/09 12:09 AM
do u only get the roster updates on xbox live? if not how do u get it

# 47 JohnDoe8865 @ 08/19/09 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaturedog
do u only get the roster updates on xbox live? if not how do u get it
XBL and PSN through the online menu in each game. Go to 'My Depth Chart' once you have chosen to go to the online service (XBox Live for example) in the menu. It will then prompt you to DL the latest roster update if you don't have it.

The only other way would be X-Port/Action Replay devices, I think OS user Dr. Ursus sometimes uploads the files for those without a connected console.

# 48 Beefyeggmuck @ 08/19/09 12:17 AM
Were can I download a update for my roster from my computer and upload it 2 my ps3 cause I don't have online service no more

# 49 Herky @ 08/19/09 12:22 AM
I can't wait to start a franchise with Favre on the Vikings.

# 50 Beefyeggmuck @ 08/19/09 12:24 AM
Were can I find him

# 51 Beefyeggmuck @ 08/19/09 12:25 AM
How

# 52 redxiiixi @ 08/19/09 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefyeggmuck
How
Are you actually being serious?

# 53 TreyIM2 @ 08/19/09 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porhawj
hello Phil_Frazier,

is patch gonna be release ? if yes, when it release ? there are some problem in franchise mode for stats are not correct like alot NFL Teams Punters has over 100 punts attempt, 3-4 Defense for OLB are elite pass rusher are too way low and there is some problem in gameplay are Cpu run out of bound without feets stay in bound******** type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2040046308", true);
I really felt compelled to laugh real hard like so I did then I stopped, thinking, "Hey, English is MY first language, but not his." I laughed one more good one then I was done...but this may become my new sig. I probably would get laughed at, too, if I tried to speak in HIS language...but I'm not laughing at that thought. Hmmm....
Back to Madden 10...

# 54 teebee @ 08/19/09 03:10 AM
Of course you'll have to restart your chise if you want the new roster, that is a no brainer

# 55 DakkoN @ 08/19/09 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by six
I am still waiting on my game from Amazon.com...it should be here 2morrow...I'm glad I got it off there for 55 bucks tax and ship free...instead of getting it at Walmart for 65 bucks because I would have wanted to wait on Favre and Vick anyways.

So perfect timing for me to get the game...and I'm off the next 8 days from work, gotta play play play, college starts back in 13 days, ugh.
Or you could of ordered it from newegg.com for $56.99 with free shipping and no tax, and got the game the thursday before it came out.

# 56 Fu Man Ching @ 08/19/09 05:18 AM
5:15 est. Not out for PS3 yet.

# 57 frankrizzo380 @ 08/19/09 06:46 AM
me and my opponent got booted from a game at 5:38 am cst, and the ea servers are down, here comes vick and farve???

# 58 MattBizzle @ 08/19/09 06:51 AM
sweet, now i can get off playstation home

# 59 DakkoN @ 08/19/09 06:57 AM
Just lost connection to EA. Roster update coming soon.

# 60 frankrizzo380 @ 08/19/09 06:59 AM
keep me updated guys

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.