Home
NHL 2K10 News Post

2KHockey has posted their hands-on preview of NHL 2K10.

Quote:
"On Thursday, the good ol’ folks at 2K Sports were kind enough to let me try out NHL 2K10 before its release next month. I suppressed my excitement and tried to soak in as much of the experience as possible, since I knew I wouldn’t have a chance to play it for another 30 days or so.

After putting some thought into it, I really feel the best way for me to translate my hands-on experience into useful information for you guys is to not only elaborate on aspects of the game I feel help replicate a realistic simulation, but to also note the most noticeable improvements over last year’s version."

Game: NHL 2K10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MizzouRah @ 08/27/09 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I agree, things like the lighting, arenas, etc. gives the game more life. That is the one area that holds me back from EA hockey. I don't understand why they won't improve this area and have true to life arena's.
It's not that they "will not' improve that area, but like Redshirt has said, they only have so much $$$ to allocate to certain areas of improvement - and honestly, I'm glad they got the board play/game play right. I would be willing to bet EA focuses more on presentation next year. I do love the 3 starts of the game, the stanley cup celebration, etc..

2k spent alot of time on presentation and hopefully they also spent a great deal of time on game play and smoothness with respect to player movement.

I say this time and time again, those kick arse intros better be in franchise season games this year!

# 22 Eddie1967 @ 08/27/09 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

I say this time and time again, those kick arse intros better be in franchise season games this year!

I'm sure they will be in franchise mode. Why would they go to all of that trouble to have actual game intros and not use them. Of course I understand the skepticism because of last year. That would be a major disappointment this time.

# 23 DJ @ 08/28/09 12:58 AM
Wow! I'll hold off on official judgement until the demo but man, if this game delivers what's mentioned in this article, then hockey fans are in for a treat this year.

Those Whalers jerseys nearly brought a tear to my eye and the arenas look sick - in a good way

# 24 Uncle Stumpy @ 08/30/09 07:56 AM
I haven't played 2k in a couple years. EA is still my game of choice for hockey (for now). Might actually have to play this game this year. Demo would be nice.

# 25 Nickflyers @ 08/30/09 01:30 PM
damn sounds pretty awesome!! might have to get both for the first time since 06

# 26 bigmoe @ 08/30/09 06:11 PM
Really interested in the camera angles this year. Play closer to the action could have me switch from EA.
'
'

# 27 Goffs @ 08/30/09 06:49 PM
Speaking of camera angles do they have a playable broadcast cam like they do in nba2k? I just like playing in tv style...

# 28 Goffs @ 08/30/09 07:39 PM
^^ will check it out when I get home

I tried the broadcast cam on nhl10 and yuck is all I can say....I do like the audio though one thing EA seems to excel in is the audio department for bball and hockey...

# 29 kai123 @ 08/30/09 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie

I tried the broadcast cam on nhl10 and yuck is all I can say....I do like the audio though one thing EA seems to excel in is the audio department for hockey only...
Fixed

# 30 Goffs @ 08/30/09 09:05 PM
Actually I like nba live crowd noise compared to 2ks...

# 31 bonannogiovanni @ 08/30/09 09:23 PM
Quote:

I tried the broadcast cam on nhl10 and yuck is all I can say....I do like the audio though one thing EA seems to excel in is the audio department for bball and hockey...
The funny thing is ea's broadcast cam is actually a side cam (does not swivel), whereas 2k's side cam is a true bradcast view.

# 32 kai123 @ 08/30/09 09:28 PM
Quote:
Actually I like nba live crowd noise compared to 2ks...
Live didn't have the authentic chants and sounds like 2k did. All you need to do is turn up 2k's crowd like you should do for all sports games. Plus the commnetary in Live was 1 sentence a minute. Hopefully this year will be different

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.