Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Basketball 10 blog, featuring dynamic updates.

Quote:
"This year with NCAA Basketball 10 we’re going to be giving you guys Dynamic Updates every Monday after the Top 25 has been released. Dynamic updates will be coming directly from ESPN.com and will update the stats for all the teams in NCAA Basketball 10 as well as other aspects of the game.

Here's what gets changed when we send out the Dynamic Update:

- Points per Game
- Steals per Game
- Blocks per game
- Assists per game
- Turnovers per game
- Win/Loss Record and winning streaks as well as losing streaks
- Overall and conference records

With these updates you will also get the latest top 25 and RPI for all teams featured in the game. These updates are showcased in-game on all relevant broadcast overlays as well as in the Dynamic Updates menu. There will be speech that supports win/loss streaks as well as the Top 25 itself."

Again sorry about the delay but it was out of my hands. Enjoy.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 KG @ 11/12/09 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
If these updates affected teams in dynasty mode, it would be amazing. For a powerhouse like UNC to have like a bad Oregon team in the middle of conference play, but if Oregon was doing well in real life, they would be vastly improved in the game.
That would not be amazing at all. In fact that would not be very cool. I'd like for the real season to not affect my virtual season.

On topic though, I don't feel like I'll use this mode much as it seems to be only valuable for play-now games (please correct me if I'm wrong though).

# 42 countryboy @ 11/12/09 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
That would not be amazing at all. In fact that would not be very cool. I'd like for the real season to not affect my virtual season.

On topic though, I don't feel like I'll use this mode much as it seems to be only valuable for play-now games (please correct me if I'm wrong though).
yeah play now and Online games seems to be the target for this feature.

# 43 KG @ 11/12/09 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
if they spent the money on Online Dynasty then people would've complained about the lack of presentation.

They spend the money of Presentation and people complain about the lack of an Online Dynasty.

Personally, I'd rather spend the money on presentation just like they did.
I'm the opposite CB. I think over time presentation gets old due to stale commentary. If they would have had Online Dynasty I would have purchased it day 1 as would a few people in the Legends NCAA Fball OD. I love offline dynasty mode as much as the next guy but if you add a few human games in there with recruiting battles it makes that feature that much better to me. The only drawback of OD is you can't advance at your own pace but I can play an offline one too if needed.

Quote:
yeah play now and Online games seems to be the target for this feature.
Yeah which is kind of odd considering how much this game sells and the fact that dynasty mode is probably the preffered mode. I never saw too much of an online presence with any College Hoops game, 2K or EA.

# 44 jfsolo @ 11/12/09 09:59 AM
Quote:
if they spent the money on Online Dynasty then people would've complained about the lack of presentation.

They spend the money of Presentation and people complain about the lack of an Online Dynasty.

Personally, I'd rather spend the money on presentation just like they did.
Now if EA thinks that the presentation upgrade and dynamic updates is what is going to move units then I guess what they did is a good idea,... for them.

For me, not so much. Dynamic updates and presentation isn't going to keep me playing the game for many, many months. Solid gameplay, and a great Dynasty mode will.

Now I'm obviously wildly speculating about their motivations, but I would hope that they would care about their title having longevity and not being put on the shelf after a month or so. What we've seen so far gives me no indication that that is the case.

# 45 ehh @ 11/12/09 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I'm the opposite CB. I think over time presentation gets old due to stale commentary. If they would have had Online Dynasty I would have purchased it day 1 as would a few people in the Legends NCAA Fball OD. I love offline dynasty mode as much as the next guy but if you add a few human games in there with recruiting battles it makes that feature that much better to me. The only drawback of OD is you can't advance at your own pace but I can play an offline one too if needed.
Typically I agree regarding presentation (esp about the commentary) but it'll be interesting to see with NCAA '10 since it's the real life CBS/ESPN stuff. I mean, can something that's exactly the same as what we see get old?

The commentary doesn't mean much to me, never has in sports games. Most of the time I'm playing PS3 I have my TV muted and music on anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Now if EA thinks that the presentation upgrade and dynamic updates is what is going to move units then I guess what they did is a good idea,... for them.

For me, not so much. Dynamic updates and presentation isn't going to keep me playing the game for many, many months. Solid gameplay, and a great Dynasty mode will.
This game should have solid game play after the patch is released. Dynasty is obviously up in the air.

# 46 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/12/09 10:36 AM
I don't understand why EA thinks everyone is a strickly online/play now gamer. Don't they now that we like to play our own dynasties in single player. I just don't understand what they were thinking.

# 47 Hoosiers1111 @ 11/12/09 10:52 AM
I'm not sure what you are talking about. If they thought everyone was an online gamer they would have added online Dynasty. I think the thing that alot of people are missing is that the 2008 version was terrible, the 2009 version not much better and so they are having to move slowly. As much as everyone wants online dynasty, better recruiting, better offline dynasty, better gameplay, better presentation, etc. they simply cannot do it all in one year. Not with the budget they are likely on due to low sales. Personally I would rather them do it the way they are where they revamp one area to make it very good and then work on revamping another area the next year rather than the alternative of just making slight improvements to all areas year after year.

Look, they have outstanding presentation now. And they have decent gameplay, both of which can be tweeked in the future. Next year they can spend 75% of their time fixing the dynasty mode or adding online dynasty or whatever they feel is the next most important. It's going to take time when you are starting basically from zero. Trust me, I know. My Hoosiers are in the same boat in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I don't understand why EA thinks everyone is a strickly online/play now gamer. Don't they now that we like to play our own dynasties in single player. I just don't understand what they were thinking.

# 48 Hey_Rebby @ 11/12/09 11:18 AM
Can someone explain how this feature actually works? I understand new plays will be created, but after that I'm lost.

Let's say Iowa has a surprising year and is one of the best teams in teh Big 10, how does that affect the team in the game? I don't see how this works without changing players' ratings. Let's say they are the top 3-point shooting team in the country, is there a 3-point boost across the board for all of their players. For the most part, the way a team performs is based on how their players perform. So I don't get how this will work.

Also, they mentioned the "stats" will be updated. When do you see stats on the screen, except for maybe the loading screens?

Blackflash or Jab Step, can you please breakdown exactly how this feature works?

Thanks

# 49 HustlinOwl @ 11/12/09 11:50 AM
sounds like it will only affect online games no rosters and play now games offline no rosters

# 50 twflawless @ 11/12/09 12:13 PM
I will say I have never purchased this game before and I will day one because of the presentation aspects. They sold me on it, as I am a presentation whore. So there must be a few people out there like myself. What are the issues in prior dynasty modes as I have not played prior to picking it up this year? Also, is there a random name generator like 2k has done? Thanks.

# 51 Buckeyes_Doc @ 11/12/09 04:38 PM
Looks like this won't affect dynasty, what if your in the year 2012 of your dynasty how will that work? Are they going to update teams off this year, when your 2 years ahead in your dynasty? That would ruin the whole point of dynasty in my eyes.

# 52 RubenDouglas @ 11/12/09 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
Can someone explain how this feature actually works? I understand new plays will be created, but after that I'm lost.

Let's say Iowa has a surprising year and is one of the best teams in teh Big 10, how does that affect the team in the game? I don't see how this works without changing players' ratings. Let's say they are the top 3-point shooting team in the country, is there a 3-point boost across the board for all of their players. For the most part, the way a team performs is based on how their players perform. So I don't get how this will work.

Also, they mentioned the "stats" will be updated. When do you see stats on the screen, except for maybe the loading screens?

Blackflash or Jab Step, can you please breakdown exactly how this feature works?

Thanks
good question.. what about the smaller schools? A player may come out of nowhere to score 25 ppg but he has a low rating and he's on a team that has almost zero publicity. Are boosts and stat increases done onto the big 6 conferences, a select few schools, the top 25 schools, or everyone?

Once you start upgrades and fixes of player ratings, you really have to look at EVERY team and go by that, or you may be giving those other teams an unfair advantage..

with over 10 times the amount of teams and players, dynamic updates will be truly too hard to have intergrated player rating fixes, so I really think they will focus on the stuff that doesnt really reflect GAMEPLAY but more so the presentation and looks.

With an overlay for CONFERENCE STANDINGS and PPG, you may have two MAC teams going head to head in late january. And then stats show up stating the records for both teams in respect to other MAC teams.. What may be off with that line of thought is that team #1 may be rated 60 and they are #1 in the conference. yet every other MAC team is rated higher and is lower in the standings.. there would be no gameplay influence over how the #1 team plays and you may just beat them up real bad. It's truly looking like 100% eye candy.

or likewise, a freshman out of Vanderbilt may average 26ppg and get the team off to a 20-1 start to the season. yet in game, when you play, you will get the 20-1 record showing, but with no player upgrades, that players preseason rating of 56 is still there, and when you play that game with all the great stat overlays, you still have a guy who doesnt REFLECT that rating what so ever. whats the fun in that?

or it could be an entire team that is rated too low and they do good. Take a Miami team. They start the preseason at 60overall, yet when you play in Mid Feb., they are still rated the same yet, record wise, they are better than every other ACC school including 85 rated DUKE and 86 rated UNC. Stats and REAL LIFE show one scenario and the game tries to reflect that with its presentation, but gameplay wise, nothing has changed. I dont get it

# 53 sportskid84 @ 11/12/09 09:31 PM
I kinda like the idea but it would've been better with some Dynasty news

# 54 chris11sg @ 11/12/09 09:36 PM
Im giving this feature the benefit of the doubt, but Ruben has some valid points.

# 55 mrtranq @ 11/13/09 09:50 AM
Can somebody please speak on the online Dynasty with friends come on y'll.

# 56 countryboy @ 11/13/09 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtranq
Can somebody please speak on the online Dynasty with friends come on y'll.
there is no Online Dynasty this year.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.