Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Madden NFL 10 patch #2 is available for the PS3. No timetable has been set for the Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 DakkoN @ 12/04/09 09:49 AM
Are the guys that are simming seasons simming them with Injuries turned on? No injuries would be a cause for insane stats

# 82 mvb34 @ 12/04/09 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
My god can someone explain the gameplay differences. It seems like some of you all you care about is the franchise stats. We have close to 8 or 9 pages of just states. Where is the break down on how it fixes the part of the game you actually play???

I mean come on.

Flats, Drags, Curls, etc are they all able to be completed as easy as before because of the zone depth?

Deep routes are they easier to complete when you have the right match up?

Line blocking is it better?

Someone give a good break down on the true gameplay.
I agree...

# 83 Mike Lowe @ 12/04/09 09:54 AM
While the rushing averages are a bit crazy, a lot of teams come out just fine. Steve Slaton had over 1,000 yards but averaged about 3.5/carry for instance. Many others like that but around the 4-4.5 range.

One other problem which may be causing high averages is the number of 20+ carries. Top 5:

Not sure how real life NFL compares, but perhaps that is too high?

# 84 CreatineKasey @ 12/04/09 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Maybe the mods should have 2 seperate threads. One for stats and and one for gameplay.
Good idea. I wasted a half hour reading about rushing yards....

# 85 Pared @ 12/04/09 10:03 AM
If the essays on game design don't stop, infractions will be dealt.

Same for those telling people they have no intention of using this patch.

It's getting really tiresome for those looking for impressions that have to wade through this sort of garbage.

Either you have impressions or you don't.

# 86 CeltBhoy33 @ 12/04/09 10:04 AM
I'll be checking this out tonight. I'm pretty excited.

# 87 roadman @ 12/04/09 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Lets just hope that EA goes back and looks at some of the averages over the last 10 years and corrects this for 2011.

Please let 2k have a turn in making a pro football game again!
According to Josh Looman, the stat engine is very touchy. If you tweak one area, another area will be uneven.

If that's the case, time to look for a better stat engine, if possible.

# 88 SalemChief @ 12/04/09 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
So mayb just adjusting the coaching so Rb2 gets more carries would help then.
Seems to be the logical step. Once the Xbox patch is available, I'll give it a try.

# 89 carnalnirvana @ 12/04/09 10:07 AM
is this only a simmed stats impressions thread,

how about playing a game fellas, unless this crowd thinks the gameplay was already perfect

i have seen maybe 3 posts about gameplay on 11 pages.....

cmon fellas some gameplay impressions please thx

# 90 SalemChief @ 12/04/09 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
is this only a simmed stats impressions thread,

how about playing a game fellas, unless this crowd thinks the gameplay was already perfect

i have seen maybe 3 posts about gameplay on 11 pages.....

cmon fellas some gameplay impressions please thx
Agreed. I'll post gameplay impressions--I promise--when the Xbox patch is ready.

# 91 Mike Lowe @ 12/04/09 10:13 AM
Playing a game right now. I didn't play a whole ton of Madden as I was waiting for this patch but one impression I will give is that this game is a lot more fun than being at work...although I do have a doctor's appointment in a bit!

# 92 CeltBhoy33 @ 12/04/09 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I simmed a season quick, here some stats

Pass TDs- Peyton Manning 41
Rush Yds- Michael Turner 1,992
Rush TDs- Michael Turner 16
Receiving TDs- Vincent Jackson 15
Sacks- Jared Allen 21.5
Tackles- Bradie James 147, 54 assisted

The most sacks a 3-4 OLB had was 20.5 and that was Shaun Phillips. I wish I can answer questions about the flats/pursuit angles but I really haven't played enough games to see if they are fixed.
The peyton manning stat seems pretty correct .

# 93 sportskid84 @ 12/04/09 10:15 AM
Yeah because stats are so little,gameplay is my thing

# 94 Phobia @ 12/04/09 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
If the essays on game design don't stop, infractions will be dealt.

Same for those telling people they have no intention of using this patch.

It's getting really tiresome for those looking for impressions that have to wade through this sort of garbage.

Either you have impressions or you don't.
Thanks Pared, I swear all these pages and gameplay is not even talked about. It is a waste of time to read through 13 or 14 pages of just crap about rushing stats. This has been a issue for years NOT just since the patch so lets hear what the patch FIXES!!

# 95 jvaccaro @ 12/04/09 10:20 AM
I really want to hear gameplay impressions too, however it's quicker to get sim stats for 5 seasons than it is to play 5 games. Give people a chance to download it, get a few games under their belts... then give true impressions. Since the patch came out in the middle of last night, there hasn't been enough time to digest everything yet. Patience, Young Grasshopers!

# 96 nickysantoro360 @ 12/04/09 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsRox10
Slightly improved but barely noticeable. On some plays it feels worse and on others better. Defenders still sit in their zone and do not react to anyone around them. Oline still doesn't block and dlineman run horrible, unrealistic coverage. I know how some people like examples so heres one and ask yourself if this sounds familar. 3rd and 8 on my 35yd line, Chiefs v. Broncos, I line up a basic screen to Savage with Chambers running a cross, Cassel gets the ball, Savage blocks a dlineman, gets pushed away and would now be open for the screen pass and a big play at that because no1 is around him now and what does he do? you know....what every NFL rb would do.... try to run after that dlineman who pushed him away! Are u kidding me? Theres your Madden logic... No logic... No patch is ever going to fix this game period!
No offense, but (I can assume from your avatar) you use the chiefs, probably the worst or second worst team in the game. Poor coverage, awareness, etc on defense should not come as a surprise.

-Santoro

# 97 Phobia @ 12/04/09 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
You do realize that stat tuning was something that was changed around in the patch right??? Get over it. Some people would like to play the game and be able to compete with the stats that the CPU gets.

So all the posts about the stats are relevant to the patch.
You got 12 pages of it, YOU get over it. Make a thread about stats. I don't know but gameplay impressions are wanted just as much.

# 98 jonesha2000 @ 12/04/09 10:27 AM
Can someone check to see if the fade route and the RB slant route out of the backfield is still broken? Not the fade hot route....the actual fade plays that are in the playbook. Afyer the last patch they were walking on these routes.

# 99 mm boost @ 12/04/09 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
The kicker for me is 2 HUGE problems:

1) When you play as a team other than bengals/bears, do you still get those annoying *** non-team specific banners at the bottom about team history?

2) are kick returns still so easy I can get 2-3 a game???

The tackling was the huge problem for me moreso than anything, almost half way through season, there was so many people over 100 tackles by that point, so unrealistic. Did they fix the MLB-OLB tackles? Anyone confirm this? People keep on posting what you have noticed.

# 100 SalemChief @ 12/04/09 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysantoro360
No offense, but (I can assume from your avatar) you use the chiefs, probably the worst or second worst team in the game. Poor coverage, awareness, etc on defense should not come as a surprise.

-Santoro
Totally agree. I've almost thrown my controller over the Chiefs o-line play, and then realize...duuuuuh...it IS the Chiefs. Worst o-line in the NFL right now. Even after making changes and upgrading through the draft, I'll have to wait a few seasons before my "A" potential o-line realizes that potential.

By contrast, and to give myself perspective, I played a game with the Vikings, but substituted Chester Taylor for AP. Played against the Chargers, who regularly clean my clock when I play the Chiefs.

Chester Taylor: 22 Rushes, 144 yards. 6.5 YPC. Now THAT'S an offensive line.

Lovin' this game!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.