Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Morning everyone,

As most of you now know, the PS3 update was released yesterday. We're glad because it contains several adjustments that were made based on feedback from you and others in the Madden Community. Unfortunately, during the certification process for the 360, update issues were found that will prevent it's release this week. Assuming all goes well with our new submission, the title update for the 360 should be released this time next week. We really do appreciate your patience and we're equally frustrated that we couldn't release both platforms this week. We're confident our fans on 360 won't have to wait much longer.

Phil

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 reyes the roof @ 12/04/09 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
Most of us stop playing sports game when the season ends. I can't play Football when its over, especially when B-Ball is in mid-season, and Baseball is just around the corner.
I'm the same way, once the off-season comes around and players start changing teams and then the draft comes up, I completely lose interest in Madden

# 42 steelernation28 @ 12/04/09 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
You seriously went out and bought a PS3 and Madden so you can download the patch a week earlier?
Bengals fan. He's lying.

# 43 CreatineKasey @ 12/04/09 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
Bengals fan. He's lying.
Agreed. Never trust a Bengal.

# 44 CreatineKasey @ 12/04/09 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Based on what's being posted over at the PS3 patch impressions thread, we may not want to download patch #2 .... it sure is getting a lot of negative feedback?
From what I can tell, if you have a problem with rushing stats being boosted you may not like the patch.

Gameplay fixes sound good to me.

# 45 steelernation28 @ 12/04/09 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Based on what's being posted over at the PS3 patch impressions thread, we may not want to download patch #2 .... it sure is getting a lot of negative feedback?
What doesn't get negative feedback here?

# 46 123dc123 @ 12/04/09 09:34 PM
hey phil...did you get fix coach mode with this patch? like make it how it use to be so that you can't control players after the snap?

Thanks.

# 47 Tengo Juego @ 12/04/09 09:38 PM
I thought once the patch was in Microsoft/Sony's hands, they had no way of telling how long it would be? How & Why are they so sure now?

# 48 03MstGT290 @ 12/04/09 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Agreed. Never trust a Bengal.
Photobucket

# 49 steelernation28 @ 12/04/09 09:46 PM
I'd like to know exactly why Sony approved it and Microsoft decided that it was not up to their standards.

# 50 BlueNGold @ 12/04/09 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I thought once the patch was in Microsoft/Sony's hands, they had no way of telling how long it would be? How & Why are they so sure now?
Probably because MS told them. They had to of been in contact with MS if they knew the patch was being delayed by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
I'd like to know exactly why Sony approved it and Microsoft decided that it was not up to their standards.
It probably had to do with something technical on the 360/Xbox Live side of things.

# 51 jyoung @ 12/04/09 09:58 PM
The holdup probably had to do with a technical issue.

MS certification doesn't have anything to do with the "quality" of a patch from the perspective of how it makes the game better/worse.

All it does is make sure the patch works on a technical level.

# 52 huskerwr38 @ 12/05/09 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03MstGT290
Yea, money bags right there....look at the size of that monitor, lol.

# 53 TeamBuilder @ 12/05/09 12:15 PM
Is there a complete list of the fixes available yet? The most info I've seen anybody have is Pastapadre.

# 54 CreatineKasey @ 12/05/09 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
If you've got that kind of excess money that you could buy the same exact game for another system just because you don't want to wait a week, I'm sure every single one us here could give you the name of a good charity.
Charity 1: CreatineKasey's student loans

Lol that is a nice monitor I still don't trust Bengals

# 55 RGiles36 @ 12/05/09 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Next year I wouldn't count on many of your fans to feel the way they did going into launch this year. Thanks for the update on the delayed patch, but this has almost been more disappointing than Madden 09. I am sure you are all hard at work on Madden 11 and I wish you the best of luck on that endeavor; However, I am rather concerned by the complete drop off in community interaction.
Ian explained their position on community interaction a few weeks ago, and without trying to defend EA, I completely understand. It did get too personal with the insults and questioning the intelligence of all the developers. In their shoes, I'd make the same move.

Think for a second how much work Ian was putting in: he'd drop by here on a Friday night--see the community up in arms about a specific issue--and spend a portion of his weekend trying to produce videos to appease us.

I know that the devs 'disappearing' isn't going to sit well with most of the community; but to me, it makes sense.

# 56 SubZero97 @ 12/05/09 02:43 PM
Nah homie, EA isnt hidiing or runnng from complaints, no1 is gonna sit around and listen to spoiled kids and adults act childish and throw insults.

Game messed up or not.

Its as simple as that. If I was EA I wouldnt even give updates, do what theyve done for years, make you guys wiat to next eyar game. And like little puppets, you guys will still buy it, and if not, so what it will still sale.

Id do fans diry, like a CEO handling a disloyal group of employees, id send every1 packing, and hire a whole new staff.

They did the right thing, and theyd still be listening to us if it wasnt a-holes actin a fool and ignorant.

Regardless if you like the game or not, you dont disrespect people period. You either voice your opinion with respect, or keep it pushing.

No1 will miss you if you dont buy the game, I promise. People work harder for you when you treat them with respect. I didnt like the flat issue, but at the same time, Im not some spoiled kid who gonna run around throwing insults at people. You cats over here are too young and immature to see that. That not how you initiate change. Its a fact that people work harder for people they like, and no1 like you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Next year I wouldn't count on many of your fans to feel the way they did going into launch this year. Thanks for the update on the delayed patch, but this has almost been more disappointing than Madden 09. I am sure you are all hard at work on Madden 11 and I wish you the best of luck on that endeavor; However, I am rather concerned by the complete drop off in community interaction.

Everyone at EA decides that once the real reviews come from the hardcore fans that it is time to get off the OS forums? Then the lack of a patch until the second week of December for a game that only receives two patches a year...?

Sorry if I have lost a lot of faith in your 'gamer first' attitude portrayed during the months leading up to launch, but the silence after valid complaints is evident. Asking to 'see proof or footage' of glitches that are widely available on youtube is also ridiculous.

My frustration is evident in the above... and with that said, thanks for the patch and I look forward to a fun Offline Franchise for the next few months.

# 57 03MstGT290 @ 12/05/09 04:47 PM
It's all good. I just work hard for my money. At the end of each hard working day, I'm happy lol Also, I, too, have student loans payments starting up soon, so I feel ya!

The government should pay all of the universities and colleges to provide us education. Then we pick up the jobs, and we pay the government back with like 10 percent deduction out of our pay checks for the rest of our lives. That system will work lol

# 58 CreatineKasey @ 12/05/09 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03MstGT290
It's all good. I just work hard for my money. At the end of each hard working day, I'm happy lol Also, I, too, have student loans payments starting up soon, so I feel ya!

The government should pay all of the universities and colleges to provide us education. Then we pick up the jobs, and we pay the government back with like 10 percent deduction out of our pay checks for the rest of our lives. That system will work lol
No way! I want the freedom to keep my money. Just give me the cost of college... I'll pay. Don't want the government to take care of you OR have control of you.

Anyway, I'm not hating... I respect people with money. Nearly everyone that has it works hard for it... so enjoy your game

I was just BSing and venting about loans.

# 59 RedZoneD25 @ 12/06/09 03:55 AM
Ugh. This is disappointing. Not going to whine and moan though, because the first 5 pages took care of it for me.

Patch 1 had the same thing, but it was only a few hours.

# 60 BroMontana82 @ 12/06/09 10:20 AM
any chance the 360 patch won't have the wacky running stats??

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.