Home
MLB 10 News Post

MLB '10: The Show box art is now available, hitting stores on March 2nd.

Quote:
"We’re less than two months away from Spring Training and the MLB off season news is making some big waves—Randy Johnson called it quits, Andre Dawson is headed to Cooperstown, and Matt Holliday is getting paid. More importantly though, I’m happy to give you the exclusive look at the brand new MLB 10 The Show box art featuring our own PlayStation Hall of Famer, Joe Mauer. For those of you looking to get your work in on the virtual diamond before Opening Day, MLB 10 The Show will officially hit store shelves on MARCH 2!"

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PLite14 @ 01/07/10 08:49 PM
I personally love the cover. I love the blue, it's something new and fresh.

Not that it matters, since the MLB 10 disk will sit in my PS3 for 12 months (until MLB 11) and the case will be shoved in my bookcase.

# 42 CommunityCollege @ 01/07/10 08:58 PM
new cover means new main menu design?

hopefully! the devs been using the same menu format for years (options on the left, player pictures on the right), I think it's time to change it up a bit just like they did with the cover.

# 43 bp4baseball @ 01/07/10 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antifanboy
looks awful

doesnt even show Mauer's face and Joe is a handsome man. Just sayin

and the design looks a little dated IMO. But who cares, its a stupid cover
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic. I know it's just a cover, but I don't think it's that bad. I really like it and I think it's the opposite of being dated. But, it's your opinion, and when it comes down to it, it's what's inside the box that matters

# 44 videobastard @ 01/07/10 09:18 PM
I actually prefer the coming soon box that gamestop has with the baseball on the base saying best selling baseball franchise. Its simple but gives you that feeling of wanting to put on a glove and throw a baseball around.

# 45 Blzer @ 01/07/10 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic. I know it's just a cover, but I don't think it's that bad. I really like it and I think it's the opposite of being dated. But, it's your opinion, and when it comes down to it, it's what's inside the box that matters
It doesn't sound like he's being sarcastic, but in all reality he's allowed to have a negative opinion like people are allowed to have positive opinions. He hasn't done any real trolling when it comes to the game itself, so I don't really see a problem with his post.

As for being outdated, maybe he owned ASB '05 and is used to perhaps considering that as a "title of the past". See for reference:

And I'll have to agree that the ASB cover is much better for this style, anyway. The font overlaps the player, the blue background meshes better with a Yankee uniform, balance is much better appropriated, and that light show in the background gives the background some "busy-ness" and "flashiness" without being too distracting.

# 46 CommunityCollege @ 01/07/10 11:06 PM
This cover doesn't have to be the final one

there are many games that show the covers a couple of months before it releases and make changes to it.

# 47 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/10 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
This cover doesn't have to be the final one

there are many games that show the covers a couple of months before it releases and make changes to it.

This will be the final one. It was an official announcement. And there is nothing wrong with it. Looks great, and jumps out. Like it should.

# 48 CommunityCollege @ 01/07/10 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
This will be the final one. It was an official announcement. And there is nothing wrong with it. Looks great, and jumps out. Like it should.
no doubt.

I don't have any problems with, just as long as SCEA makes the title on the side all Bold and in capital letters so I won't have a hard time picking it out from my game shelf.

# 49 Senor_Herbatron @ 01/07/10 11:15 PM
Cover looks great.

I bet the guys that are bitter are the same guys that do custom covers. They'll have a hell of a time trying to make different versions this season.

# 50 CommunityCollege @ 01/07/10 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It doesn't sound like he's being sarcastic, but in all reality he's allowed to have a negative opinion like people are allowed to have positive opinions. He hasn't done any real trolling when it comes to the game itself, so I don't really see a problem with his post.

As for being outdated, maybe he owned ASB '05 and is used to perhaps considering that as a "title of the past". See for reference:

And I'll have to agree that the ASB cover is much better for this style, anyway. The font overlaps the player, the blue background meshes better with a Yankee uniform, balance is much better appropriated, and that light show in the background gives the background some "busy-ness" and "flashiness" without being too distracting.
I always noticed this since way back when...but 2k5 also used the same Jeter picture from the ASB 05. Just looks like they photoshop'd his face/body a bit and the glove.

# 51 Blzer @ 01/07/10 11:18 PM
^ LOL that's a different picture, but you're right that it's basically the same action shot.

I'll do some custom covers following the template that SCEA made, but not based on requests, just on my own time. I don't have much time to do them as is, and I only have Photoshop 6.0 to work with, using a very slow computer. We'll see what other players can look good with this new design.

# 52 CommunityCollege @ 01/07/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
^ LOL that's a different picture, but you're right that it's basically the same action shot.

I'll do some custom covers following the template that SCEA made, but not based on requests, just on my own time. I don't have much time to do them as is, and I only have Photoshop 6.0 to work with, using a very slow computer. We'll see what other players can look good with this new design.
but Jeter does look weird in the 2k5 box though

his head is like way smaller for his body and it's just something that's not right with that cover.

# 53 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/10 11:27 PM
Quote:
no doubt.

I don't have any problems with, just as long as SCEA makes the title on the side all Bold and in capital letters so I won't have a hard time picking it out from my game shelf.
LOL, that wont be much of a worry since this will be the only game in the PS3 all season long !!!

# 54 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/10 11:28 PM
Quote:
but Jeter does look weird in the 2k5 box though

his head is like way smaller for his body and it's just something that's not right with that cover.
Yeah, almost like they photo-shopped Jeter's head on top of his body from different shots.

# 55 Spaced Ace @ 01/07/10 11:30 PM
I think the cover is great, but I could do without the ESPN quote. We all know The Show is fantastic, we don't need ESPN to tell us that. Reminds me of the box art from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.... "5 out of 5" Official PlayStation Magazine. On the later covers; 25 PERFECT REVIEW SCORES. Yes, the game is phenomenal we know. It detracts from the box art IMO.

# 56 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/10 11:46 PM

# 57 bcruise @ 01/08/10 12:07 AM
Kotaku's really playing up the ESPN endorsement on the cover:

http://kotaku.com/5443271/mlb-10-the...s-espn-pimpage

I like it.

# 58 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/10 12:10 AM
Yeah, I emailed Owen on it this morning. Sadly though, Kotaku doesn't have much sports gamers, though Owen being the main sports guy they have there doing articles, maybe it will help draw more in.

# 59 42 @ 01/08/10 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

# 60 CommunityCollege @ 01/08/10 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Kotaku's really playing up the ESPN endorsement on the cover:

http://kotaku.com/5443271/mlb-10-the...s-espn-pimpage

I like it.
that article is funny

Quote:
Also, I like it that the Rating Pending mark is covering Mauer's junk. Almost makes me wish this had an M-rated version ...

LOL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.