Home
MLB 10 News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted the first MLB '10: The Show blog of the year. This one covers the new 30-Player Franchise Mode.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, the MLB FE team here to bring you the first installment of the MLB 10: The Show blogs. For this entry, we’ll be talking about some of the details that have gone into the new 30-Player Franchise Mode.

One of our goals going into this year was to finally enable the ability to mimic your real-life counterpart rosters when in Franchise mode. In order to do so, we had to allow all 30 teams to be set for user control. Before we could even dive into that, we had to change up how profiles and options work."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ShowTyme15 @ 01/21/10 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
Knight

this question is for you since you are the man in charge with doing rosters:

Can you injure a player outside of Franchise/Season mode? like editing rosters for Exhibition/Sharing rosters?
He posted your answer inb another thread. You cannot injure a player outside of a season or franchise it has to be done within the mode.

# 82 nycalexs26 @ 01/21/10 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Ha...it was very hard to watch you guys post
"it doesn't look like they did much to franchise this year"....and not be able to say anything.
Had to bite my tongue.

Injuries;
You will be able give a guy an injury...ranging from 1 day to season ending.....you will be able to go back in...and remove the injury at any time...and re-injure him again if necessary. This is going to be perfect for mimicing the real MLB injuries.

As it stands....you will be able to injure players on any team that you "take control" of. The random injuries will then be shut off for that team...so you won't have both....but "having control" of a team may be as much as doing everything for the team(as you can your own) or nothing(leaving everything to the CPU).....and anything in between through the profiles(which you can make any combination of controls...lineups/rotations...injury management...roster management...banking....contracts....free agents....etc) and then set the any team you don't set for control through a global options.(you'll understand better when you see it)
While you can't injure players on the roster itself PRE franchise....you will be able to injure any player from day one of spring training...and the injury will carry over into the regular season and post and off season.
If you want to give A-Rod a 90 rotator cuff injury...but he comes back in 60 days....you can go in on that date(any time actually) and just remove the injury.

Okay...that's number 1.

M.K.
Knight165
So no roster lineup glitch

# 83 DubTrey1 @ 01/21/10 01:16 AM
Excellent move SCEA. Props to them for doing that for us, the gamer and the fans of the game.

# 84 Knight165 @ 01/21/10 01:18 AM
lendog;

There are random injuries for any team you don't take control of.(and control injuries for the teams you do take control of)
You can shut off injuries totally.
You can manage injuries for any team you take control of.
I believe the injury slider is still in.
You can't have both random injuries and manage injuries together for teams you DO control...once you take control...injuries will be off for those teams.
The options for controlling teams?...that can be all or nothing....depending on you.(so basically...you can take control of every team....leave everything to CPU...and just make injuries happen)

hitstreak;
I hear you on that. I will check .

CC...no injuring players pre franchise. First day of spring training?..yep.

M.K.
Knight165

# 85 hitstreak13 @ 01/21/10 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
lendog;

There are random injuries for any team you don't take control of.(and control injuries for the teams you do take control of)
You can shut off injuries totally.
You can manage injuries for any team you take control of.
I believe the injury slider is still in.
You can't have both random injuries and manage injuries together for teams you DO control...once you take control...injuries will be off for those teams.
The options for controlling teams?...that can be all or nothing....depending on you.(so basically...you can take control of every team....leave everything to CPU...and just make injuries happen)

hitstreak;
I hear you on that. I will check .

CC...no injuring players pre franchise. First day of spring training?..yep.

M.K.
Knight165
I completely forgot that there were no injuries during spring training last year. Will definitely add more strategy when playing spring training. Nice job SCEA.

# 86 metal134 @ 01/21/10 01:40 AM
Hopefuly Single A will be fully functional next year.

# 87 lendog691 @ 01/21/10 03:09 AM
So no random fantasy injuries if you control all teams, only you can make the injuries happen for those teams, right? If so, they still don't have it right. In the old High Heat PS2 game you could control all teams rosters,lineups,dl,etc and there would be random fantasy injuries that you would have to deal with for every team, that is not possible this year is that correct?

# 88 rock85 @ 01/21/10 04:30 AM
The franchise mode is my cup of tea and this is the best cup of tea i ever had great job

# 89 LastActionHero @ 01/21/10 08:36 AM
A little bit off topic, aside from the great new franchise features I really hoped they'd come up with cleaner menu interfaces.

There's too much going on in the back and the rosters and everything are even see through (Windows vista style which I never understood the purpose of in the first place). I dunno it just feels too computerized or something and doesn't give me the baseball feel whatever that is

Check this screen from MVP 05, ok also see through menu here but just a cool pic in the back and the classic baseball style font. Less is more. But hey maybe I'm alone on this.

Besides that I'm more psyched then ever for this game!

# 90 aukevin @ 01/21/10 08:51 AM
Are all these profile options and injury settings in Season mode too, or is it just Franchise?

# 91 RGmoney @ 01/21/10 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Are all these profile options and injury settings in Season mode too, or is it just Franchise?
Last paragraph on the blog:

Quote:
As you can see a lot of focus has been placed on providing you with all the tools necessary to keep your Franchise roster up-to-date with its real-life counterpart. These enhancements aren’t limited to only Franchise mode, and the same 30-player control can be found in Season mode.

# 92 cnelly4 @ 01/21/10 08:56 AM
Knight-

Now that we have the extra 15 players (Single-A) will we be able to do 2-1 or 3-1 trades?

Also when you start your franchise, will you be given all 90 players, or will you be given 75 and have the other 15 slots open to sign people. I use Knight's rosters so are you going to make all 90 players? I think it would be nice if you would make like 80 or 85, and leave some spots open for us to sign other players. If I have 90 players already (all real players or created players by Knight) then I want to sign someone, I do not want to have to release a real minor league player in my farm system and then have him be a free agent. Not sure if this makes sense.
Let me know if you are catching my drift!!

Can't wait, these additions are all amazing. Been waiting for a game like this for years.

One more thing! Wondering if the Single-A players will have generated stats throughout the year so that we can keep an eye on them. And since I am talking about stats. I am really hoping that you will be able to see all stats for a player for the year and beyond. In 09, when I moved a guy from Double-A to Triple-A, I was not able to see his Double-A stats anymore. So I have a notebook full of stats that I wrote down so I was able to know these. Just wish that it would keep all the stats that it has.

Okay, enough from this guy!!

# 93 sink4ever @ 01/21/10 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
So no random fantasy injuries if you control all teams, only you can make the injuries happen for those teams, right? If so, they still don't have it right. In the old High Heat PS2 game you could control all teams rosters,lineups,dl,etc and there would be random fantasy injuries that you would have to deal with for every team, that is not possible this year is that correct?
Here is what I'm understanding from what I'm hearing (someone please correct me if I'm wrong):

You can take control of up to 30 teams. You then have options for each team to turn ON or OFF. For instance, you can turn stuff like lineup management, free agency, and pitching rotation management ON, then turn injury control OFF. This allows you to control lineup aspects of a team, and the team will still suffer random fantasy injuries. OR, you can turn injury control ON, then there will be no fantasy injuries, you will instead assign them yourself.

I hope that helps (and that I have it right).

# 94 aukevin @ 01/21/10 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Last paragraph on the blog:
Thanks.

# 95 aukevin @ 01/21/10 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
I am really hoping that you will be able to see all stats for a player for the year and beyond. In 09, when I moved a guy from Double-A to Triple-A, I was not able to see his Double-A stats anymore. So I have a notebook full of stats that I wrote down so I was able to know these. Just wish that it would keep all the stats that it has.
yeah I hope it keeps up with the lower league stats better as well. I didn't write them all down, but I did take in-game screen shots of a lot of stats to keep up with them.

# 96 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/21/10 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
Knight-

Now that we have the extra 15 players (Single-A) will we be able to do 2-1 or 3-1 trades?
Last year we could do off balance trades. After the trade you had to release extra players or the cpu would release extra players.

# 97 statum71 @ 01/21/10 12:34 PM
All 30 teams. Just what I wanted.

# 98 asu666 @ 01/21/10 01:34 PM
They just keep raising the bar. My prediction is that MLB 10 will be the best sports game made to date when it releases.

# 99 brettryantalley @ 01/21/10 01:46 PM
i just wonder if there will be an option to change the injuries from manual to cpu controlled during a franchise...or will it be one of those things that has to be determined before.

# 100 cardsfan2222 @ 01/21/10 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettryantalley
i just wonder if there will be an option to change the injuries from manual to cpu controlled during a franchise...or will it be one of those things that has to be determined before.
It sounds like once you go to manual, you can't go back. That would be too bad, because last year I would have liked to have made Glaus injured for the season, but had random injuries for everybody else. I don't want to injure Zambrano when I face the Cubs, and then have the rest of the team be impervious to random injuries.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.