MLB 10 News Post

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RoyalBoyle78 @ 02/12/10 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Where are you getting it early, lucky guy? You got a mom's and pop's hookup?
every year

# 42 jeremym480 @ 02/12/10 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's a game trailer......not a GAMEPLAY trailer...we get those too.
We get pics and gameplay vids separately.
I enjoyed it. Very nice job of editing.

M.K.
Knight165
Exactly! Personally, I thought it was a pretty good trailer. It definitely got me pumped up, even more (if that's possible). Besides, there's not a whole hell of a lot of trailer's out there that are all gameplay. For people to expect that is kind of

# 43 thdudeabides @ 02/12/10 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman3315
After watching it again now, I'm starting to agree with dmrich28. I think I could've used a little more game footage... It's still a great trailer but it almost doesn't do the game justice.

I know it's supposed to be a comparison of real vs. game, but even if it were like 15 more seconds of game footage and 15 less of real footage, I think it would be even better.

It's almost like you never get time to really appreciate how good the game looks by itself.
I agree

# 44 nemesis04 @ 02/12/10 11:34 AM
I liked the trailer, it did a great job of motivating you to think baseball and if you are going to think baseball, think the Show! I am not sure why some are looking for revelations in a quick trailer.

# 45 Hitman3315 @ 02/12/10 11:47 AM
I think everybody enjoyed the trailer... some of us wished SCEA would've flaunted their graphics a little more... some liked the baseball balance... some of us don't care at all...

Bottom line is that basically everyone here is getting this game. Let's not battle over a trailer!

# 46 jeremym480 @ 02/12/10 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrich28
Not looking for a revelation..God forbid I state my opinion on these forums in a slightly different way then all the sheep on here.
I won't say another word on the subject..enjoy the game

Dave

No need to resort to name calling, guy.

# 47 Pared @ 02/12/10 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrich28
Not looking for a revelation..God forbid I state my opinion on these forums in a slightly different way then all the sheep on here.
I won't say another word on the subject..enjoy the game

Dave
Cut this out.

You can state your opinion and they can state theirs. Stop the instigating.

# 48 ckarlic @ 02/12/10 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
As long as they didn't use those two clowns from the Chicago White Sox----"You can put in on the boooaaaarddds..........yessss!"-----then I'm good.
Yeah...Something about the White Sox announcers just gets to me.

# 49 Hitman3315 @ 02/12/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Yeah...Something about the White Sox announcers just gets to me.
I think anyone who's watched their favorite team play against Chicago and had to hear them say "He gone!" every time a Sox pitcher records a strikeout...

It definitely hits a nerve.

# 50 ckarlic @ 02/12/10 12:29 PM
Quote:
I think anyone who's watched their favorite team play against Chicago and had to hear them say "He gone!" every time a Sox pitcher records a strikeout...

Yup. I feel the same way. Quite irritating.

# 51 artyzipp @ 02/12/10 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMM
I think this video on this page is more of what we were looking for.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...entation-mode/

This is right on. Initially the trailer was irritating to me, but I think that is because I love this game already, and I wanted to see in game content, not a highlight reel. For someone who has never bought the game or hates their Xbox with the 2k version, it was a great preview. The other one linked here is just the kind of trailer I am looking for...but let's be honest, I would be buying this game trailer or no trailer.

# 52 DR Russell @ 02/12/10 01:36 PM
I think some of us are missing the point of this trailer, if it was to blend in real life clips with in game footage and get us confused as to which is which at times, and appreciate how far this graphics and animations have come, they got me...

Sometimes we should appreciate things ascthey are. Great job SDStudios. Thanks for bringing your best every year.

DR Russell

# 53 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/12/10 01:45 PM
All I have to say, is you KNOW the trailer was well done, when even Joe Buck was tolerable in it!

That is a testament on how good The Show is.

# 54 thdudeabides @ 02/12/10 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
All I have to say, is you KNOW the trailer was well done, when even Joe Buck was tolerable in it!

That is a testament on how good The Show is.

The only "tolerable" Joe Buck is a mute Joe Buck

# 55 Doormat @ 02/12/10 02:31 PM
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC

# 56 CommunityCollege @ 02/12/10 03:24 PM
This trailer is...very different approach by SCEA. Never seen a trailer for there baseball games that show real life footage.

# 57 Reaman @ 02/12/10 03:49 PM
Thank you thank you thank you backbreaker!

# 58 Doormat @ 02/12/10 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
This trailer is...very different approach by SCEA. Never seen a trailer for there baseball games that show real life footage.
Their trailers never had real life footage, but the game's intros used to.
Try playing MLB 07 and don't skip the intro, it has real players using great plays

# 59 soxnut1018 @ 02/12/10 04:24 PM
Quote:

I can see how a fan of an opposing team could feel that way, but as a Sox fan I couldn't imagine anyone else calling the games. His passion for the game is unmatched and is very entertaining to listen to. I love me some Hawk! And you can put that on the board!

# 60 Jeffery 09 @ 02/12/10 04:27 PM
The trailer got you excited for baseball, it showed that what happens in real life also happens in the game, you know, "nothing gets you closer". This was not a reveal trailer, it was an interest trailer that was shown during a television show that featured more than just MLB the show. Kudos to the team, very exciting! Fireworks looked good in live action
-JD

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.