Home
MLB 10 News Post

The Show Community has posted the top 5 left fielders in MLB '10: The Show.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/24/10 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Why do people keep saying Manny has no arm. Yes he isn't that great of a fielder, but he is more a Guerrero arm than Johnny Damon.

He has 128 career assists in his 17 seasons (impressive for a man with no arm ). Very under-rated in that category due to his sloppy routine play.

Seen him gun guys down at home without a cutoff in left at Fenway, as well as runners not getting back to first in time on outs which thought the same of him and his arm.

That's because he had a massive wall that was very close to him. A throw from LF to Home at Fenway is what, 180 feet? And guys run more on people who have bad arms, so if everyone is running on Manny's arm, he is more likely to get assists. No one runs on Ichiro, so he gets a lot less attempts to gun anyone down.

# 42 ParisB @ 02/24/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Juan Rivera is better than Carl Crawford? Really? No really? Guy is a walking injury. This just shows how badly baseball games value defense and speed. Its a joke
Yes, he is.

Just because he has been injury prone, what does that have to do with him having a better year than Crawford?

LOL, some of you homers amaze me sometimes.....

# 43 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/24/10 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
That's because he had a massive wall that was very close to him. A throw from LF to Home at Fenway is what, 180 feet? And guys run more on people who have bad arms, so if everyone is running on Manny's arm, he is more likely to get assists. No one runs on Ichiro, so he gets a lot less attempts to gun anyone down.

There will always be someone to come up with excuses for stats.

Bottom line is, they test him and he gets assists. It is what it is, so maybe they should learn. The guy has a pretty accurate throw and doesn't throw Damon Ducks.

# 44 Eman5805 @ 02/24/10 09:22 PM
Braun's stance looks different, like maybe a generic. Suppose it'll be hidden again and he'll use it in game though.

# 45 ParisB @ 02/24/10 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klb835
the most realistic game has the most unrealistic ratings hahaha

first vazquez is rated better than cc sabathia
second jose reyes better then ramirez
third crawford 9th? behind juan rivera? HOLY CRAP I just about passed out. Good job on the realism "sigh" Looks like some editing will need to be done

they all seem perfectly fine to me.

vazquez had a better year than Sabathia, Rivera had a better year than Crawford, and Reyes is one of the best in the game when he's healthy

what's the big deal? bottom line they're all good players separated by very little

does it really matter if a player is 5th instead of 4th?

LOL

# 46 jcabler24 @ 02/24/10 10:40 PM
Im the biggest Ranger fan there is, and I dont believe Hamilton is the 2nd best LF in the game. Top 4-6 range yes, but not #2. I think he needs more consistent numbers over the next few years.

Having Crawford that low is a joke in my opinion.

# 47 redsox4ever @ 02/25/10 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
It's how he does against LH pitchers.
Thanks for the help. After i posted this i did realize what it meant but for a while there i was puzzled must just be getting old and slowly losing my memory. I guess i haven't played the game in a while. Well once again thanks for the reply.

# 48 BatsareBugs @ 02/25/10 01:28 AM
It appears to me based on the overall bars, we have four ties including a three way for 7-9. At that point RANKINGS DO NOT MATTER.

However, from the looks of it, the top 9 appear to be all in the "A" range overall.

# 49 keymax @ 02/25/10 03:11 AM
Before everybody goes nuclear on Crawford being 9th:

He isn't worse than Manny or Bay ingame, he is different. But the overall rating for LF is mostly based on power ratings, just like speed+defense are more important for the SS OVR.
Crawford will be a better contact hitter, basestealer and defender, but lacks power for a corner OF, that's why he is ranked 9th overall.

I hope next year there will be no OVR rating at all, because everybody brings something different to the table.

# 50 Pistolero @ 02/25/10 02:11 PM
Good list those are a few of the premier LF's.

# 51 Pistolero @ 02/25/10 02:23 PM
El Caballo does good for us. Nice to see'em listed.

OOps: double post

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.