Home
MLB 10 News Post

Just to keep everyone up to date on the whereabouts of the MLB '10: The Show demo. Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Quote:
"I am not sure what purpose would be served by misleading you. We said there will be a demo....and there will be a demo. The simple fact is....The demo HAS been completed....the demo HAS been submitted for approval and posting. We, as devs of the game, have absolutely ZERO control as to when it gets approved or posted."

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 bowlerguy92 @ 02/25/10 08:26 PM
Regardless of who's to blame, theres an fundamental problem that is affecting us all. The demo isn't out fellas...Last year it was out I believe a month before the game released? Very dissapointing to fans of the game to see multiple posts about it being submitted or finished week after week, only for Thursday to come and not have it be there. Also, the 2K10 demo is out on the 360 but as per the update today isn't included in the PS store update. Is Sony just completely boycotting baseball demos altogether?

# 102 Rob_NYY @ 02/25/10 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
I may just wait on this game and go for PYS2010 when it hits in April.
No you won't.

# 103 JoeRyan33 @ 02/25/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Who are you...Perry Mason?

M.K.
Knight165
It's more like a Few Good Men than Perry Mason. I'm expecting someone from Sony to give me the whole "you can't handle the truth" bit.

There's a massive rush here to defend SCEA at every turn.

# 104 kehlis @ 02/25/10 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
The demo isn't out fellas...
And? Do you require the demo to buy the game? Are you on the fence? If so, that is fine, you will just have to wait a little longer to make your decision.

# 105 JoeRyan33 @ 02/25/10 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
No you won't.
An arrogant response like that seems befitting of this thread.

# 106 Rob_NYY @ 02/25/10 08:31 PM
Quote:
An arrogant response like that seems befitting of this thread.
Just stating the truth.

# 107 e0820 @ 02/25/10 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
Regardless of who's to blame, theres an fundamental problem that is affecting us all. The demo isn't out fellas...Last year it was out I believe a month before the game released? Very dissapointing to fans of the game to see multiple posts about it being submitted or finished week after week, only for Thursday to come and not have it be there. Also, the 2K10 demo is out on the 360 but as per the update today isn't included in the PS store update. Is Sony just completely boycotting baseball demos altogether?
God of War III demo isnt in the US Store either so whoever is at the helm over there isnt doing their job or they do multiple roles and is ignoring the one that effects us.

# 108 Knight165 @ 02/25/10 08:33 PM
This thread is getting more amusing than the Top 5 threads.

Next thing you know...SCEA is going to get blamed for bringing down the Trade Center and starting global warming!

Sweet!

The rush to defend...(where applicable) is only as quick as the rush to attack....for quite ridiculous(IMO) reasons.....and the amount of ferocity at some of these...has me thinking of my own conspiracy theories

M.K.
Knight165

# 109 nemesis04 @ 02/25/10 08:37 PM
Question? Would everyone trade the ticker that made it late in the game for the demo to be out now or a couple weeks earlier? We left SCEA with a pretty good list of items to see if they could still be incorporated in the game. This go around at CD we saw more last minute requests by the group get put in the game and they were solid additions. I know everyone wants the demo but I would rather have these last minute additions for a whole season then a demo that gets deleted after a couple plays! Just my take on things.

# 110 sink4ever @ 02/25/10 08:37 PM
Quote:
The other thing that rubs me the wrong way is the need to pre-order to receive the classic stadiums. All without a demo. People pay $60 for a game, and have to take a leap of faith just to get the full package.

The pre-order deal and the Best Buy kiosk deal also seem aimed at narrowing down your choice of seller. I'd like to go down to my small local store and give them my business, not some big multinational store who really don't need it to survive.

Whoever makes these decisions is seriously taking the piss with what's been a very loyal customer base. I should say this again, no one is pointing fingers or taking shots at the development team, but I'm sorry to say I may just wait on this game and go for PYS2010 when it hits in April.
I'm sorry, I've gotten to the point where I'm like Job's friend:

"Inside I am like bottled-up wine, like new wineskins ready to burst. I must speak and find relief; I must open my lips and reply."

Leap of faith? Have you played '09? Exactly what kind of catastrophic occurrence are you anticipating that would cause the best sports game out there to suddenly become not worth purchasing? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we able to get the classic stadiums by paying? So they give you the option to get DLC for free and that's a problem?

Are you complaining that they are offering us the chance to play the full game at a retailer before the actual launch date? Who says you can't go somewhere else and purchase the game? Who's stopping you? Who's providing a disincentive?

A piss with the customer base? Are we talking about the same people who brought customers over for input (twice, right?), listened, changed things, and then let those same customers share it all on an internet message board? The same people going to those lengths to strengthen customer relations like no one else in the business is taking the piss by not releasing the demo before the release date?

I'll go back to quietly reading everything now, just had to let that out.

# 111 countryboy @ 02/25/10 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
I see, so it's your fault the demo didn't get released. jk

# 112 Knight165 @ 02/25/10 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Question? Would everyone trade the ticker that made it late in the game for the demo to be out now or a couple weeks earlier? We left SCEA with a pretty good list of items to see if they could still be incorporated in the game. This go around at CD we saw more last minute requests by the group get put in the game and they were solid additions. I know everyone wants the demo but I would rather have these last minute additions for a whole season then a demo that gets deleted after a couple plays! Just my take on things.
You bastard!
How dare you use my ticker as a pawn in this shady deal.
I know where you live!(well a 25 mile radius anyway)
You're treading on thin ice there buddy!

M.K.
Knight165

# 113 e0820 @ 02/25/10 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLNYankee
you seriously need to stop crying. Why are you worrying so much about a baseball videogame done by a company that has made the best baseball game/sports game the last 3 years in a row and 99.9999 most likely this year. How can they f it up when they have the best base for the game?
Thats why people have a problem its the best baseball game and nobody can try it out. 360 has a lesser game in 2k10 yesterday. Dont you feel slighted at all that Sony would rather have you goto Best Buy to try it out then let you download it. Instead you can try Sega racing and a PS1 game Yakuza 3.

You bought the PS3, get crappy 3rd party ports, have to wait for demos and now Sony is treating you like a 2nd class citizen just like everyone else does.

# 114 Knight165 @ 02/25/10 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I'm sorry, I've gotten to the point where I'm like Job's friend:

"Inside I am like bottled-up wine, like new wineskins ready to burst. I must speak and find relief; I must open my lips and reply."

Leap of faith? Have you played '09? Exactly what kind of catastrophic occurrence are you anticipating that would cause the best sports game out there to suddenly become not worth purchasing? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we able to get the classic stadiums by paying? So they give you the option to get DLC for free and that's a problem?

Are you complaining that they are offering us the chance to play the full game at a retailer before the actual launch date? Who says you can't go somewhere else and purchase the game? Who's stopping you? Who's providing a disincentive?

A piss with the customer base? Are we talking about the same people who brought customers over for input (twice, right?), listened, changed things, and then let those same customers share it all on an internet message board? The same people going to those lengths to strengthen customer relations like no one else in the business is taking the piss by not releasing the demo before the release date?

I'll go back to quietly reading everything now, just had to let that out.
sink....you are so friggin' dead on with this....it's not even funny.

M.K.
Knight165

# 115 countryboy @ 02/25/10 08:44 PM
Quote:
You bastard!

M.K.
Knight165

That damn score ticker.

# 116 kehlis @ 02/25/10 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
Thats why people have a problem its the best baseball game and nobody can try it out. 360 has a lesser game in 2k10 yesterday. Dont you feel slighted at all that Sony would rather have you goto Best Buy to try it out then let you download it. Instead you can try Sega racing and a PS1 game Yakuza 3.
No. I'm a little confused as to why anyone would feel slighted at that? You already know what you are going to get with the game. There are no surprises unless they are for the better. And as I have mentioned several times now, if you are on the fence about buying, you will still get the demo to try out before you make your decision...

Since when did demo's become a requirement?

# 117 SidVish @ 02/25/10 08:46 PM
This thread is amusing. Let's dish out conspiracy theories and worry about a game that has been nothing short of great. That makes perfect sense. I can't wait for March 2.

# 118 arsenal123gunners @ 02/25/10 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

Since when did demo's become a requirement?
Really, I think we are all pretty lucky to be getting a Demo

# 119 Buckeyes_Doc @ 02/25/10 08:47 PM
Was anyone really on the fence with this game lol? I wanted a demo also but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm not going to buy the game on Tuesday. We all know were getting the best baseball game available and most of us aren't new to the Show.

# 120 nemesis04 @ 02/25/10 08:49 PM
Quote:
You bastard!

M.K.
Knight165
Not using it as a pawn, it was a great last minute significant addition. Ding Dong!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.