Home
Tecmo Bowl Throwback News Post

2D-X has posted an interview with Mike Fahrny, Producer of Tecmo Bowl Throwback.

Quote:
2D-X: "In terms of customization, will gamers be able to tweak teams as they see fit, or will they have to have to earn points over the course of a season to apply to abilities?"

Mike: "All abilities in Throwback are true to the SNES version and players will not be able to edit them nor will they increase/decrease over a season. Earning points over a season is a good idea though – perhaps the next time around."

Damn, that's not good news.

Game: Tecmo Bowl ThrowbackReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 ODogg @ 03/11/10 05:21 PM
AGREED MAN!!

# 22 bcruise @ 03/11/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Give us a play call time limit, along with a snap time limit (griefers)
Kill the NG dive.

DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE
You mean you don't want to hear this when you're up big in the final minutes of a game?

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT ....

# 23 rev @ 03/11/10 08:33 PM
I just wonder what they are going to do with those 4 teams that were not around at that time. Like the New Cleveland Browns, Jac, Car, and the Texans.

Also, it looks as if they just took the snes version and updated the graphics. Seems like the same feel and gameplay, only with online play included. I hope you can at least edit teams, player names, and numbers. And it would be nice if you could do one on one trades.

# 24 boomhauertjs @ 03/12/10 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev
I just wonder what they are going to do with those 4 teams that were not around at that time. Like the New Cleveland Browns, Jac, Car, and the Texans.
I think it's been confirmed there are 32 teams. I would think the Browns would get the "old" Browns roster, while the Ravens would get a made-up roster.

# 25 KBLover @ 03/12/10 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I think it's been confirmed there are 32 teams. I would think the Browns would get the "old" Browns roster, while the Ravens would get a made-up roster.

A made up roster...that we can't edit to be the real thing, correct?

Every other roster will get fictional players - but everything is right except the name. These "new" teams would just be straight up fictional players?

# 26 KBLover @ 03/12/10 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
You mean you don't want to hear this when you're up big in the final minutes of a game?

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT ....

ROFL

HUT HUT HUT HUT

My mom HATED that sound when I played Tecmo Bowl for the NES when I was a kid. She'd be like SNAP THE BALL ALREADY.

# 27 CMH @ 03/12/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
So the Cowboys will be pretty awsome with triplets right?
That's who I'll run with first too.

Used to pick the Cowboys all the time in Joe Montana and Prime Time Football. Can't wait to get some action in with Tecmo.

# 28 ODogg @ 03/12/10 02:06 PM
The Cowboys will be really fun to use. I am eager to get some Cowboys-Niners rivalry going again!

# 29 CreatineKasey @ 03/12/10 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
ROFL

HUT HUT HUT HUT

My mom HATED that sound when I played Tecmo Bowl for the NES when I was a kid. She'd be like SNAP THE BALL ALREADY.
LOL!

I'm rolling with Pittsburgh all day online. I already call them for the OS tourney! (there will be one somehow, some way)

I just watched all those videos posted from the Wisconsin tourney. Man... that takes me back. I may have to get in on that next year.. I'm only a 5 (ish) hour drive away!

# 30 reo @ 03/12/10 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm217
Here's another write up of the same tournament held in Madison, Wisc.http://www.knobbe.org/info/item/22-2010-tournament-madison. Check out the championship game at the bottom of the page. You gotta love the passion and excitement these guys have for this game. I mean these guys travel hundreds of miles to play in this tournament. This to me is What Tecmo Super Bowl is all about, "FUN and Excitement"! Even after all these years you have held up mightily well TSB! Still and always will be the Greatest Football videogame of all time!
Wow. Thank you for the link. The championship game was fantastic.

# 31 NFLfan80 @ 03/14/10 11:11 AM
Man this is sad. The Steelers WR were bad that year. Could they at least have the ability to edit ratings for offline seasons? Not sure if I'm getting it this year. And Dallas is going to be way too good now. Anyone know if schedules will be editable? I know in the DS version they were right?

# 32 HesTheCoach @ 03/14/10 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLfan80
Man this is sad. The Steelers WR were bad that year. Could they at least have the ability to edit ratings for offline seasons? Not sure if I'm getting it this year. And Dallas is going to be way too good now. Anyone know if schedules will be editable? I know in the DS version they were right?
I think you'll be able to edit the ratings offline. But like others have said, making the ratings not editable online is the only fair thing to do, otherwise you'd have teams totally unbalanced, making for lopsided games, which equals no fun. The Tecmo guy interviewed did allude to maybe something different in a future version, though. Maybe you'll be able to set up your own leagues online through a "game room" or something.

I think it's really awesome that the original ratings are there for online play. That way, teams won't be identical and there still might be some lopsided games if you're a team with the rosters of the Bucs or Seahawks vs. the Cowboys or 49ers. It'll make for some interesting matchups.

# 33 CreatineKasey @ 03/14/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HesTheCoach
I think you'll be able to edit the ratings offline. But like others have said, making the ratings not editable online is the only fair thing to do, otherwise you'd have teams totally unbalanced, making for lopsided games, which equals no fun. The Tecmo guy interviewed did allude to maybe something different in a future version, though. Maybe you'll be able to set up your own leagues online through a "game room" or something.

I think it's really awesome that the original ratings are there for online play. That way, teams won't be identical and there still might be some lopsided games if you're a team with the rosters of the Bucs or Seahawks vs. the Cowboys or 49ers. It'll make for some interesting matchups.
Overall, this game is far more balanced than the NES version in terms of ratings. I don't think there will be many matchups that mirror the SF (or NYG) vs. NE matchup from the NES version. That was brutal.

# 34 Mbalmer @ 03/14/10 03:37 PM
I don't understand why someone won't make a football game that we can change EVERYTHING. Big deal if we can change names of players and teams, we have to be able to change attributes. Thank God for Finn and his editor for 2k5. That is still by far the best football game ever made.
I just wish some company would step up and do this. I am putting alot of eggs in the Backbreaker basket, but I just don't think the gameplay is going to be on par with 2k5.
I was going to get this game when I thought we could change attributes, but now I just can't see me spending money on it. To bad too because it does look fun.

# 35 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/15/10 12:38 PM
when does this come out.

# 36 ODogg @ 03/15/10 12:39 PM
Rumor has it April 24th but no confirmation has been given. They have just been saying "soon"

# 37 centauris @ 03/16/10 02:30 AM
can't wait for this omfg

# 38 s.gamernut20 @ 03/17/10 11:09 PM
I'm so pumped for this game! But what I want to know is with the rosters from 1993, want about the 4 expansion teams since 93'? Will they get their inaugural season rosters? Or made up teams? Either way, I'm glad Tecmo is back! Even tho my Hawks we're horrible then(2-14) . Dan McGwire here I come! At least we got John L. Williams and Cortez Kennedy! LOL .Ah, the Berring day's. I'm down for some S.F vs Dal. S.F was my other team back then(Even tho I'll take Montana over Young anyday!). S.F vs Dallas in the 90's

# 39 LionsFanNJ @ 03/20/10 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

You forgot READY DOWN HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.