Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The patch for Major League Baseball 2K10 is now available. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed it, the list of fixes were announced here.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Juiceman @ 03/17/10 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Are you sure your not just seeing stat overlays that are referencing spring training??

Cuz other posters just confirmed they simmed spring training, and the stats were not carrying over and everything seemed normal...
Yes, I'm sure. I remember looking at the stats in the menus. One in particular was the hot and cold hitters. I think the league leaders board was ok, but other menus had spring training stats. I know I'm sounding wishy washy right now, but I'm just not at my 360 and days past when this happened so I'm going off memory.

# 122 Juiceman @ 03/17/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
ok, can anyone else start a brand new franchise, sim past spring training, and see if spring training stats are carrying over into regular season?

I'll check it too when I get home from work and Let Ron2K know about this if it turns out to be true.
Also, I will try again (fresh) when I get home tonight. I haven't DL'ed the patch yet, so if I can get into the game without the patch I'll try it pre and post-patch and report back. I'll probably post my results around 8pm CST tonight or later.

# 123 johnriii @ 03/17/10 12:02 PM
WHY, WHY, WHY???

Why the hell can’t they get a baseball game RIGHT? They’ve had YEARS to get this right, and they still can’t seem to do it. I literally had to jump through hoops to get this game, because the initial impressions were good, much better than last year. So I buy the damn thing, with much trepidation. In the first game, I noticed Jake Peavy strikes out 14 players in 11 innings pitched. WTF?? I figure it might be a one-time thing, but then Buerhle goes out and strikes out 9 while throwing in the area of 125 pitches. Again, WTF?? Soooo, I wait for the patch, download it, thinking “ok the stamina thing got fixed”. LO and behold, I run a couple of games…BOTH starting pitchers (freddy Garcia/Blackburn) pitch the first one to a 1-1 tie into the 7th, and apparently, the stamina issue hasn’t been fixed AT ALL. I’m tempted to trade this F***** game in, because I know I have bought every one of 2k’s baseball games each year, and it has progressively gotten WORSE. I believe the problem is lack of competition. Lets just say that in a miracle we got THE SHOW on the 360: I bet they wouldn’t put out this POS then…ya think? It’s finally starting to sink in that they just don’t give a F***. And I’m the doofus who keeps giving them my money. Sigh…….

# 124 RGmoney @ 03/17/10 12:05 PM
Quote:
Are you sure your not just seeing stat overlays that are referencing spring training??

Cuz other posters just confirmed they simmed spring training, and the stats were not carrying over and everything seemed normal...
Hey Kev, PC version here (obviously no Patch).

Just tested this. Simmed to START of season. In my first game, the announcers & bottom of the stat overlay did say what we did in our last Spring Training game, BUT the actual stat categories were (.000, 0, 0, 0) etc....

League Leaders were all zeroed out as you would expect at the start of the season. As for the Hot/Cold screen. It did list what the players had done in their latest at-bats, but again... All stats were zeroed out at the top of the player card. (See screenshots).

Too me, it looks to be a non-issue as far as affecting Franchise stats. Also, in a franchise I started a few days ago, all players have the correct # of Franchise games played, and at-bats, etc... add up to just those games played in Franchise. Although in my 1st game, I do remember the announcers saying what I did in my last spring training game (also appeared in the bottom of the overlay).

# 125 Juiceman @ 03/17/10 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriii
WHY, WHY, WHY???

Why the hell can’t they get a baseball game RIGHT? They’ve had YEARS to get this right, and they still can’t seem to do it. I literally had to jump through hoops to get this game, because the initial impressions were good, much better than last year. So I buy the damn thing, with much trepidation. In the first game, I noticed Jake Peavy strikes out 14 players in 11 innings pitched. WTF?? I figure it might be a one-time thing, but then Buerhle goes out and strikes out 9 while throwing in the area of 125 pitches. Again, WTF?? Soooo, I wait for the patch, download it, thinking “ok the stamina thing got fixed”. LO and behold, I run a couple of games…BOTH starting pitchers (freddy Garcia/Blackburn) pitch the first one to a 1-1 tie into the 7th, and apparently, the stamina issue hasn’t been fixed AT ALL. I’m tempted to trade this F***** game in, because I know I have bought every one of 2k’s baseball games each year, and it has progressively gotten WORSE. I believe the problem is lack of competition. Lets just say that in a miracle we got THE SHOW on the 360: I bet they wouldn’t put out this POS then…ya think? It’s finally starting to sink in that they just don’t give a F***. And I’m the doofus who keeps giving them my money. Sigh…….
There are so many improvement from 2k9 to 2k10 that it's hard to take your post seriously. If you really think 2k doesn't care I think you need to take a step back and look again. There are bugs yes, but they already put out a patch on 3/16, just 14 days after the game was released AND they're working on another. Let alone the massive improvment the game already is over 2k9 and prior releases as well.

# 126 Juiceman @ 03/17/10 12:13 PM
RGmoney, thanks for the test. I will still test again tonight on 360 - I am almost positive I saw the stats carry over on the player stats screen. And the hot/cold screen is exactly what i saw, although I will admit I don't know if I noticed the player card at the top showing 0's. My eyes immediately drew to the stats since I didn't think anything would be there. Last, again off memory but I think something was up with the power rankings on opening day too but again I can't totally remember. Might we worth taking a look at that screen.

# 127 tmac55 @ 03/17/10 12:15 PM
In regards to the rocket arms observation I posted earlier... It seems that many of the outfielders arm strengths are more realistic in terms of their real life capabilities. I am an avid baseball fan and after playing about 8 or 9 post patch games, I am very happy with the lack of rocket arms situations.

I have yet to see one situation where I was left scratching my head to how that throw was even possible.... Once again, I noticed that on the post patch living roster update, as only the night before I had seen several rocket arms.

Hope this continues

# 128 RGmoney @ 03/17/10 12:18 PM
Quote:
Awesome, perfect.

That is exactly what I was looking for.

(I was nervous too since last night I emailed Ron the updated bug list from 2Kforums and OSforums... ended up being about 45 items listed.... I was nervous I missed a glarring issue...)

Thanks again RGmoney; for the pics and everything...
No prob Kev. As I'm all about franchise every year, I saw this brought up in this thread and wanted to see things for myself. Especially since someone said it was happening pre-patch, and I didn't remember seeing it.

Thanks for staying on top of the Bugs/Glitches and keeping Ron informed.

# 129 RGmoney @ 03/17/10 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
RGmoney, thanks for the test. I will still test again tonight on 360 - I am almost positive I saw the stats carry over on the player stats screen. And the hot/cold screen is exactly what i saw, although I will admit I don't know if I noticed the player card at the top showing 0's. My eyes immediately drew to the stats since I didn't think anything would be there. Last, again off memory but I think something was up with the power rankings on opening day too but again I can't totally remember. Might we worth taking a look at that screen.
No prob Juice. Here's a screenshot of the Power Rankings screen. It looks like it keeps track of what the team has done in Spring Training, and makes adjustments to the Rankings. Is this how things are done in the MLB? I'm not well-versed in how Power Rankings are established. LOL

# 130 Juiceman @ 03/17/10 12:32 PM
Looks like the power rankings screen is correct. So, that's good. I really wish I paid more attention when I saw issues but I was eager to get into my franchise and glossed over a lot of what I 'thought' were stat issues. I'd try to reproduce tonight and see what i come up with; hopefully nothing!

# 131 Juiceman @ 03/17/10 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
While I see your point, I see the other poster's point as well. Yes the game is better than 2k9, but still worse than 2k8 was IMO. Atleast pitcher fatigue worked properly and while there was some bugs in 2k8 they are no where near the amount in 2k10.

It just seems the franchise has gotten worse because there is no competition out there unless 360 owners want to fork over the cash to buy a PS3.

Kinda sad really.
I totally disagree that it's worse than 2k8. It's miles better than 2k8; commentary, stadiums, smoothness of gameplay, mechanics of controller, etc. It's just not a comparison even, IMO. And the bugs so far are not game killers. Even the fatigue hasn't been a game killer at this point. I've read so many stories on this board about how great of games people are having - and these are just the ones people post about. I've had many myself that I haven't posted about too. But the fact that people are posting about these great games ....I didn't see this with 2k8 at all. That in itself is a huge improvement to the series and put it back on the board for a 'good' baseball game. Yes, improvements need to be made and bugs are being fixed via patch. I would suspect the next patch will contain more community voiced bugs than this first one. So we'll see. It may make a good game great. Bottom line is that 2k10 is a better game right out of the box vs past editions. (I suppose we should take this to PM since it's getting off-topic for this thread).

# 132 doctorhay53 @ 03/17/10 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch45
pc gamers

don't u have mods and things like that
and the price is 20 something
i can't see why you are crying about that
cause someone will fix it in time
Modding games isn't easy. Generally you need a ton of people out there who actually know what they're doing before you get any halfway decent mods. And then, the game has to be set up to be easily modded. I promise you MLB is not one of those games.

Beyond that even, a modder can't go in and add errors and injuries to the game.

But you're right, because I only paid 30$ for the game I shouldn't expect it to get the same updates and patches as the console versions. I should just sit there and be happy because hey, I only paid 30$ for this awesome baseball game even though it doesn't have errors or injuries, and the pitchers stay in for 160 pitch 12 run complete games.

I'm so sorry to have offended you with my unrealistic expectations.

# 133 RGmoney @ 03/17/10 12:54 PM
Quote:
Looks like the power rankings screen is correct. So, that's good. I really wish I paid more attention when I saw issues but I was eager to get into my franchise and glossed over a lot of what I 'thought' were stat issues. I'd try to reproduce tonight and see what i come up with; hopefully nothing!
I hear ya man. Well, it looks like the Hot/Cold streak totals (at-bats, avg, etc..) as far as where a player is on the list carries over, BUT they are not affecting actual franchise at-bats, avg, etc... Look at Ryan Ludwick:

In my 1st Hot/Cold screen he was 7-10/.700 (Last 10 Spring-Training At-Bats). I went ahead a simmed the 1st game in the season, and those at-bats were reflected on the Hot/Cold screen, but if you see his stat line on his card at the top... only what he did in that game is reflected. He went 2-4/.500 in that game. On the Hot/Cold screen he now is: 9-14/.643.

I'm not sure when the game will stop counting the Spring-Training at-bats as far as Hot/Cold streaks are concerned, probably when you get 10 at-bats in Franchise. But again, actual Franchise stats seem to be tracking OK.

Anyway, all this testing has made me thirsty. Is it too early for a beer??? lol

# 134 johnriii @ 03/17/10 12:58 PM
Quote:
I totally disagree that it's worse than 2k8. It's miles better than 2k8; commentary, stadiums, smoothness of gameplay, mechanics of controller, etc. It's just not a comparison even, IMO. And the bugs so far are not game killers. Even the fatigue hasn't been a game killer at this point. I've read so many stories on this board about how great of games people are having - and these are just the ones people post about. I've had many myself that I haven't posted about too. But the fact that people are posting about these great games ....I didn't see this with 2k8 at all. That in itself is a huge improvement to the series and put it back on the board for a 'good' baseball game. Yes, improvements need to be made and bugs are being fixed via patch. I would suspect the next patch will contain more community voiced bugs than this first one. So we'll see. It may make a good game great. Bottom line is that 2k10 is a better game right out of the box vs past editions. (I suppose we should take this to PM since it's getting off-topic for this thread).
Sorry guys…didn’t mean to take this off topic. Yes, the game is better the 2k8 out of the box. My point is that since stamina was supposed to have been addressed in this patch, why wasn’t it? kinda feels like they are just playing with us, because they CAN. I work two jobs, can barely make ends meet, and when I drop sixty bucks, I want results. Now, that being said, does anyone have an ETA for the next patch?

# 135 nld230 @ 03/17/10 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
I hear ya man. Well, it looks like the Hot/Cold streak totals (at-bats, avg, etc..) as far as where a player is on the list carries over, BUT they are not affecting actual franchise at-bats, avg, etc... Look at Ryan Ludwick:

In my 1st Hot/Cold screen he was 7-10/.700 (Last 10 Spring-Training At-Bats). I went ahead a simmed the 1st game in the season, and those at-bats were reflected on the Hot/Cold screen, but if you see his stat line on his card at the top... only what he did in that game is reflected. He went 2-4/.500 in that game. On the Hot/Cold screen he now is: 9-14/.643.

I'm not sure when the game will stop counting the Spring-Training at-bats as far as Hot/Cold streaks are concerned, probably when you get 10 at-bats in Franchise. But again, actual Franchise stats seem to be tracking OK.

Anyway, all this testing as made me thirsty. Is it too early for a beer??? lol
PHEW! lol. You guys almost gave me an aneurism.

# 136 RawLo @ 03/17/10 01:04 PM
Quote:
Sorry guys…didn’t mean to take this off topic. Yes, the game is better the 2k8 out of the box. My point is that since stamina was supposed to have been addressed in this patch, why wasn’t it? kinda feels like they are just playing with us, because they CAN. I work two jobs, can barely make ends meet, and when I drop sixty bucks, I want results. Now, that being said, does anyone have an ETA for the next patch?
I played my first patched game last night (exhibition), the opposing pitcher was doing well. In the 9th, his energy jumped from the 40's to 99. He ended up going 10 innings for the win. Now I do not know his total pitch count, but the stamina re-up thing still happened. That kinda sucked, that was really the only gripe I have with the game.

# 137 jeffy777 @ 03/17/10 01:04 PM
Quote:
They never specifically said the stamina was fixed in this patch. They just said CPU pitchers were throwing too many pitches before that the CPU now doesn't leave pitchers in for insane lengths (such as the 130+ pitches we were seeing in My Player before.....now the pitchers aren't staying in much past 100 pitches). It is at least better now, and we will hopefully see this completely resolved in the next patch. They just wanted to get this patch out ASAP (mainly to address the online ranked match problem), and they said that everything won't be fixed in this current patch, but at least we know they are making progress, they're wiring on the next patch already, and that they actually do care this year (unlike previous years).

# 138 RGmoney @ 03/17/10 01:10 PM
Quote:
Acutally, in the case of Hot/Cold streaks I WANT the game to look at the last 10 at-bats etc etc. (Even if some of those at bats were pring training ones.)

If it wasnt like this, the hot/cold streaks on day one of the regular season would have some guys batting a perfect 1,000... lol.

It seems like everything is working perfectly.

And nah, its past noon on the East coast, have a beer...
LOL. Yeah, I hear ya. I guess I just never noticed that in 2K9. Just glad they got it coded right.

As for that beer, I'm in the Central Time Zone... but I'll make an exception for today, since I'm at home. lol

# 139 johnriii @ 03/17/10 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
They never specifically said the stamina was fixed in this patch. They just said CPU pitchers were throwing too many pitches before that the CPU now doesn't leave pitchers in for insane lengths (such as the 130+ pitches we were seeing in My Player before.....now the pitchers aren't staying in much past 100 pitches). It is at least better now, and we will hopefully see this completely resolved in the next patch. They just wanted to get this patch out ASAP (mainly to address the online ranked match problem), and they said that everything won't be fixed in this current patch, but at least we know they are making progress, they're wiring on the next patch already, and that they actually do care this year (unlike previous years).
Ummm, yeah, they are still staying in too long. I have played three games (actually CPU vs CPU) and both starters stayed in the game well over 100 pitches, into the middle of the 7th. Then, the relief pitchers stay in too long. Two of the three games I’ve done post patch have gone into extra innings. The day I see Bobby Jenks pitch 4 innings in real life will be the first time. Since I’m at work, I will cut this off for now. It just pisses me off that we have to deal with gamebreaking issues EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Patience is wearing thin, and like I said before, it’s like they’re doing it because they can. There ain’t nothing we can do about it. I guess we have to wait on the next patch.

# 140 duke776 @ 03/17/10 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
A new glitch I encountered occurred in the same game mentioned above and then again in a ATL @ PHI (me) game. What happened was when a batter who had previously homered came up again, the cutscene to show that last AB started, and instead of watching it I pressed "A" to get to the actual gameplay. Well the camera just sat zoomed in and locked in on the batter at the plate. The only way to get the game to resume was to bring in a new pitcher. This glitch caused me to bring in a RP that I didn't want to bring in who then gave up two hits and allowed ATL to tie the game, taking a win away from JA Happ who had recorded 8 Ks thus far, allowed only 5 hits, and 1 run through 6.2 innings pitched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
You sound frustrated JBH???
As for the glitch, many of us have seen this glitch.
All I had to do was press down on the d pad which leads you to the sub screen, dont sub just go back to game action and the game will resume. I have read about 4 different people say that is how they to got back to the game. You shouldnt need to sub out your pitcher. If anything sub out a position player dont bring in a cold pitcher.
Jake is right, all you have to do is press down on the d pad. You don't have to make any subs or anything.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.