Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Per Ian Cummings Twitter, the first Madden NFL 11 development blog hits this week.

Quote:
"The first Madden NFL 11 development blog will be released this week. Still not sure the exact date - will keep you posted."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CardsFan52 @ 03/23/10 12:46 AM
Reggie put up some alright numbers but nothing special. And it will be a single person on the cover this year i think. I'm hoping it will have something to do with the mid air tackles in action.And hopefully some news on improved gameplay... just wishful thinking...

# 22 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/23/10 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
hopefully it's about the game and not the dev team.
Nope that's what the SB halftime blog was about. They will keep it about the game and what they have been recently working on in the past few months. But I have a good feeling it will be a nice blog at best.

# 23 rsoxguy12 @ 03/23/10 01:38 AM
Finally, some meat to chew on.
I'm hoping for some address in gameplay; the first blog last year had to do with procedural awareness

# 24 lgxjames @ 03/23/10 05:02 AM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss!!!

# 25 Hova57 @ 03/23/10 08:22 AM
yea it wil prob be about their new of capturing players faces and likeness.

# 26 Valdarez @ 03/23/10 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Count me in that group.

I'm excited that we'll finally get something about Madden '11...
Same here. Madden 10's become quite stale at this point, as have many of the topics in the forums. It will be nice to have something new to look forward to / discuss while we wait for BackBreaker, Tecmo Throwback, and M11. Think this is going to be the best year in football gaming in a long while.

# 27 Favre4 @ 03/23/10 09:35 AM
yeah there is no way drew brees isnt the cover boy. we know everyone in new orleans voted for him about 100 times.

secondly, i really hope they give franchise some attention this year. i am a die hard madden fan, and have never trashed the game as i realize what a task it is to create this product but something has to be done about this.

i used to only play franchise. since the turn of the year, i have played online lately cause the franchise has so little detail. i think the online play is frustrating. im pretty good online and when i either play a level 3 that quits midway through the first quarter or play somebody more on my level(15) and they have some way of quitting where i get credit for the loss.

i would really like to see the franchise mode scrapped and started over. take a look at the last gen franchises where the computer offered your team trades, and they had restricted free agency. i would also like to see a practice squad for lower rated players. i think the potential thing is kind of trash as any player definitely has the ability to get better based on experience, playing time, and those sorts of things. if youre going to have the potential rating, at least make it so we can edit those ratings. there will be people that are unrealistic using that feature in their franchises, but after all.....isnt it a video game?

i really think the gameplay is good. it is impossible to make it like real life, so what we have is very very authentic.

overall, i would like to see the ability to create your own playbook, use it online in a ranked game, a bunch of things done to franchise(transition tags, restricted FAs, post draft FA signing period, expanded training camp rosters, some type of incorporation of the training camp, roster cut downs, MORE CHOICES FOR LOGOS AND DESIGNS FOR CREATING/MOVING TEAMS, as well as the addition of coordinators. i would also like to see all players available to hire as a coach after their career, at the right price of course).

so i guess after rambling on for awhile here, im reallying hoping to hear news about the franchise portion of the game soon. i think it is very interesting that they are starting this blog so much later than they did last year. makes me scared and optimistic for change all at the same time.

# 28 RGiles36 @ 03/23/10 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I'm hoping it's a sneak peek of some franchise info especially the offseason stuff.

Oh and I'd be willing to bet that Drew Brees will be on the cover this year.
I think anything franchise related is wishful thinking. Why? I think the first blog will be something that many Madden fans can appreciate, not just those who play in franchise mode (online or offline).

Like I said earlier in this thread, I think it may follow in the mold of NCAA's first blog...just discussing slightly different stuff. Talking about something franchise specific is not going to resonate with a lot of Madden fans.

# 29 kjcheezhead @ 03/23/10 12:25 PM
My ten step plan to recovery from being a Maddenoholic is working so far. I hear the blog is coming out this week and my first thought was, "I wonder if they want to charge for those too."

# 30 CreatineKasey @ 03/23/10 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Same here. Madden 10's become quite stale at this point, as have many of the topics in the forums. It will be nice to have something new to look forward to / discuss while we wait for BackBreaker, Tecmo Throwback, and M11. Think this is going to be the best year in football gaming in a long while.
I'm with you. This will be the first year in a LONG time that I buy more than 2-3 games. I'll have more than one football game tugging at me for attention.... good times

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.