Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Check out the screenshot comparison of Donovan McNabb in Madden NFL 11 and Madden NFL 10. Huge upgrade? Slight upgrade? What are your thoughts?

In case you missed it, our Philip Rivers comparison is right here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BigD @ 04/06/10 02:23 PM
I see no difference at all. They both look like chokers.

# 42 Bgamer90 @ 04/06/10 03:29 PM
Anyone else tired of the "who cares if the game looks good... gameplay is more important" posts? I understand where you guys saying it are coming from but are you guys going to say that in EACH thread about a new pic of the game?

Is it a crime for EA to show off pics (which is btw, what all game companies do to their big name games before they are released) of the game (lol)? I mean really...

# 43 sammy g @ 04/06/10 03:41 PM
The lighting really helps out the '11 pic.

# 44 GaryT531 @ 04/06/10 04:11 PM
progressive lighting this year, anyone?

# 45 ZoneKIller @ 04/06/10 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
it looks good. I beg to differ about the helmet not fitting right. You can see players' eyebrows under the helmet in real life.
Im not talking about all the players.But certain ones wear their helmet tilted down in the front.McNabb,Rivers and Cutler.I think Bradys helmet need to be tilted down too.

# 46 texbuk84 @ 04/06/10 04:43 PM
yeah great way to change the lighting man. I won't be buying this yr.

# 47 stlstudios189 @ 04/06/10 08:30 PM
I like the lighting effects.

# 48 Galant21 @ 04/07/10 03:27 AM
It was Vick to T.O. not McNabb to T.O. youtube it. Every year they come out with these new visual "improvements" and best rated this and new features that. When everything is said and done it all comes down to gameplay and everyone and their entire family and everyone at OS knows it and everyone thats related to someone that works for OS and everyone that has ever even touched a damn football knows that EA will NEVER ever ever get it right, But you know what? I love football and when this game comes out guess what? Yup im buying it and you know why? Cause im stupid. yaaay Madden!!

# 49 ZoneKIller @ 04/07/10 06:06 AM
^^^ Youre thinking of a commercial that was on tv.The Madden trailer had McNabb.

# 50 TreFacTor @ 04/07/10 03:11 PM
Definitely looks crisper, but my concerns are the bugs and glitches that plague the game each year. What about the physics, the missing elements of actual NFL football, blocking, cheating AI, morphing / sliding players, the 360 arm swing, those things concern me more than the graphics. Only time will tell.

# 51 joel_g @ 04/07/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
thisd is really unimportant crap up to this point. Both look about the same- big deal- will the over all game improve any?
I also want to see if the overall game play will improve...but there is no way you can look that those two screen shots and not see a big difference. Give the guys at EA a little credit on the work they're doing.

# 52 Raven Nation42 @ 04/07/10 07:27 PM
Nice job with the lighting and use of shadows, but I do have to agree with the first poster that the 10 looks like MAC5. Now if they can shore their offensive line and land another wr it could be interesting in DC.

# 53 beefjohnson @ 04/08/10 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I love how the '10 pic is always in a dome or dusk with bad lighting, LOL.
Thats what I thought at first too...I seen the stadium lights reflecting off the 2nd pictures helmet and was like "thats either overcast, its just dark, or its indoors"....but then i found this

and

both daylight images from what I can tell...yet if you look closely you can see the stadium lights reflecting off the helmet

Thats not saying that 11's lighting is or isn't better..it certainly looks good imo...but I do think they could have done a better job picking a 2nd picture for comparison...it really looks too dark to be an "outdoor, or daylight" picture.

# 54 smonee @ 04/12/10 03:35 PM
its hard to compare a day game to night game....nice job

# 55 hollywood21 @ 04/12/10 08:29 PM

If you notice in the background in the stands fans are wearing jersey numbers: Chris Cooley #47. Interesting... Looks like the crowd has been improved.

# 56 hollywood21 @ 04/12/10 08:36 PM

In Madden10 the stadium lights are always on no matter what time day or night. Pay close attention to the reflection on McNabb's helmet in both pics.

Madden 11 could have progressive lighting.

# 57 SouthernBrick @ 04/12/10 10:32 PM
Good observations hollywood21.

# 58 ODogg @ 04/13/10 09:55 AM
Madden 11 screenshot looks better graphically IMO but Madden 10 actually looks more like McNabb.

# 59 TheWatcher @ 04/13/10 10:47 AM
What I find strange about these comparison photos is that they tend to take the player at two different angles and two different lighting settings (like how I pointed out in the Boldin thread). It's very easy to open a replay and match an angle, but you'll notice that they're not always the same when they make comparison photos... and the lighting thing (not an issue with this set) is hard to make a mistake with because you can literally see what setting you're choosing prior to hitting the field.

Not calling it a conspiracy (Adem! ), just saying I find it a bit odd.

# 60 adembroski @ 04/13/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
What I find strange about these comparison photos is that they tend to take the player at two different angles and two different lighting settings (like how I pointed out in the Boldin thread). It's very easy to open a replay and match an angle, but you'll notice that they're not always the same when they make comparison photos... and the lighting thing (not an issue with this set) is hard to make a mistake with because you can literally see what setting you're choosing prior to hitting the field.

Not calling it a conspiracy (Adem! ), just saying I find it a bit odd.
haha... It was a simple mob hit, damn it.

Anyways, you're right on this and I saw it the moment I opened the thread. Not saying there's no improvement, there is, but the weather conditions chosen and the position of the player with respect to the lighting is set up to highlight the improvements.

Meh, it's marketing. Doesn't bother me.

I did feel a little bit sorry for Ronnie Morales on Thursday. Guy was just under siege, and he's sitting there thinking, "Dude! I'm just marketing! I don't control gameplay!" Such a juxtaposition. He handled it in stride, but you could tell he was uncomfortable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.