Home
NHL 11 News Post

This was talked about in another topic, but thought it was worth posting.

It's just rumor at this point, but there's a few sources reporting it, so take it for what it's worth.

@dcmahiban on Twitter.

Quote:
"EA Sports NHL 2011 will have a #CHL mode where you can play with teams from the #WHL , #OHL and #QMJHL."

And BigPoppa17211 confirmed this guys claim from a Calgary radio sports broadcast.

Quote:
"Can't confirm your info there, but did read something interesting on Twitter last night.

Came from a radio guy in Calgary here. He said NHL 2011 will have a CHL mode where you can play as teams from the WHL, QJMHL, and OHL. Seemed really random and didn't want to start a thread here, but if spike is releasing info then the timing of this makes sense.

Here's hoping!"

From someone inside the London Knights organization.

(Official link is dead).

Quote:
"For those reading this you are going to hear about this before it is announced or before it is confirmed by EA Sports. I'll fill you in on how I came across this, I work in the marketing depart for the London Knights of the OHL it's through my college program and I've always liked the business side of the game so it's a way to get into that. Anyways when I showed up for work and there was an email forwarded to me from my boss saying that EA Sports needs pictures of our home and away jerseys with all different numbers and the C's and A's because the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL are all going to be part of NHL11 I debated putting part of the email up here but I don't wanna get fired if I get caught so I'm sure some of you won't believe until it becomes official but I thought I'd leak it to you guys first anyways. Personally I think it will make the Be A Pro better as well as the Be A GM where it will actually have right players coming up and just a lot more roster possibilities."

I realize these are all rumors from the internet, so it has to be taken with 4 scoops of salt. But this would be amazing if true and I'm hoping it gets confirmed (either way) soon.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 porky14 @ 05/02/10 02:55 PM
Just wondering, if we get this in NHL11....................

How much roster support are we really going to get????????

Probably not much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 42 savoie2006 @ 05/02/10 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porky14

Well we got about 16 updates this year, I would say that is pretty decent roster support. If they match of beat that next year I'll be happy.

# 43 thrashman @ 05/02/10 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053
I am not excited about this. They already have European teams in the game and it's not like they add anything of any substance to the game.
European teams IMO are the only good part about EA's series. The RSL in 09 was one of the best things I've seen, even though they lost those rights. I still play that game just for its European leagues.

# 44 millerboy @ 05/02/10 06:44 PM
Just imagine, having rookies be drafted in BAGM and if your AHL roster is full put them back in the CHL for development, I don't think anyone else though of that

# 45 gator3guy @ 05/03/10 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerboy
Just imagine, having rookies be drafted in BAGM and if your AHL roster is full put them back in the CHL for development, I don't think anyone else though of that
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Surprised no one mentioned that if they add juniors we can actually have a realistic draft. Even if they are generic names/numbers you can edit them (hopefully). Also you can keep guys you draft down in juniors instead of in the AHL. I'm probably in the minority but I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing with the European teams. I even play online with them against NHL teams. For me it just keeps the game fresh with all the variety of teams, much like FIFA.

# 46 Qb @ 05/03/10 01:05 PM
Quote:
Yeah but you can't utilize the Euro teams in BAP or GM so I just don't know what makes people think they'll let you do that with CHL teams.
It's all speculation at this point, but incorporating the CHL teams into BAP & GM mode would be the next logical step. But who knows what direction they'll take IF this happens.

# 47 Oil Nation @ 05/04/10 01:50 AM
This makes me so happy. I have always wanted to play as a dub team. Imagine road to the Mem cup.

# 48 Money99 @ 05/04/10 08:37 AM
Quote:
Yeah but you can't utilize the Euro teams in BAP or GM so I just don't know what makes people think they'll let you do that with CHL teams.
Who's to say that won't implement that this year? We can only wait and see.

I for one hope the Be A GM mode is included with the OHL. Scouting for bantams and rebuilding your team every 3 years would be highly addictive.

How many more days before you head out QB?

# 49 06woz @ 05/04/10 09:28 AM
CHL is also much more of an impact on the NHL than euro leagues. The majority of prospects come from there so it would be an ideal situation to have call-ups from the CHL.

If it is incorporated, i'm just glad I don't have to sign my draft pick immediately.

# 50 B_rad13 @ 05/07/10 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porky14

Matt123 will be all over that I'm sure for the PS3

# 51 06woz @ 05/07/10 01:48 PM
I think we may not get full integration into BAGM until NCAA is implemented.

# 52 Qb @ 05/07/10 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
How many more days before you head out QB?
Assuming all the concussions I received haven't impeded my ability to count... 12.

PS - Keep your head up!

# 53 mercalnd @ 05/07/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerboy
That's not really how it works. Basically teams choose not to send junior aged players to the AHL but rather send them back into the CHL. It has nothing to do with the AHL roster being full. Also, NHL teams usually won't keep a junior aged player in the NHL for more than 10 games unless they plan on keeping him for the whole season because after 10 games played it counts as a year of NHL service which factors into when the player can become a UFA.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.