Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

IGN has just posted a new Madden NFL 11 screenshot, featuring the Broncos first round pick, Tim Tebow. How many things can you spot, that have changed from Madden NFL 10?

Quote:
"The paint hasn't finished drying on the 2010 NFL Draft and I'm sure the new group of rookies is still getting used to the thought of playing somewhere other than their alma mater, but none of that is stopping the developers at EA Sports' Tiburon studio from inserting this year's rookie class into Madden NFL 11."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 stlstudios189 @ 04/25/10 07:32 PM
Yeah I think that all 1st round picks should have a face scan for sure.

# 42 Bgamer90 @ 04/25/10 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueDude
Are they going to finally add that? I remember that being in Madden 2005 and thought it was great.
Yeah I'm hoping so.

It's such a simple feature but yet it does so much for the game presentation wise. Even though I played on mostly 5 minute quarters in Madden 05, it felt almost like I was playing a real length game, especially when I would play games at around 6:00 pm (during exhibition games, the lighting was based on the system clock) and see the game go from sunset in the first half to night in the last half of the game.

# 43 coogrfan @ 04/25/10 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
His helmet looks TINY. If you compare it to his face there is no way a head would fit...plus it just looks ridiculous with that size of body.
Agreed, this has always been a problem next-gen Madden. Also, the facemask is off.

# 44 canes21 @ 04/25/10 08:21 PM
The facemask is too thin and the head is too small. Something NCAA fixed this year. Its like the first time NCAA did something Madden hasn't done....

# 45 SouthernBrick @ 04/25/10 08:23 PM
I know they still have 15 on his jersey because, that was his college number but, He's wearing number 10 in pros I believe. I seen him holding it up on tv.

On another note is this the ONLY rookie pick were going to see? How about a Ryan Mathews screen shot for good faith Ian.

You what they should do is make a video and go into the replay and have M10 and M11 side by side for comparison. The same weather and all. I think that would be the only legit way to prove M11 may have slightly better graphics than the last iteration.

# 46 TheWatcher @ 04/25/10 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
That's all I want to see too! How hard is it to get that camera angle in for a quick shot pre snap.. Showing him setting up or when making an audible.
It's frustrating because the crappy Madden 06 for 360 had that. It also had the very creative 3/4's overhead pre-play shot, but of course they got rid of that, too. Some of where they were going in 09 with the overhead sliding wire shot during huddle break is a FOX national staple. But they got rid of that, too. It upsets me that they get rid of these things then replace them with nothing.

Angles weren't ready in the Alpha this year so I didn't even get a pre-play shot most of the time (seems like this year's Alpha had better overall cohesiveness from a stability perspective, but didn't have nearly as much presentation material available). But anyone who watches NFL games on TV regularly can see how many angles this series has been missing over the years. They have guys who shoot NFL games on staff, that's the part that puzzles you most as to why so many angles aren't in the game and why so many that are in aren't up to broadcast standards.

# 47 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/25/10 08:40 PM
I think overall the pic looks good. I wish they would give us a pic of every starting QB in madden 11. I want to see what number 3 of the Carolina Panthers Matt Moore looks like and all.

# 48 statum71 @ 04/25/10 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
just like last year, NCAA looks waaaaay better than Madden does. oh, and it played better every year too.
Completely disagree. NCAA was the worse looking of all the major sports titles last year.

# 49 TheFuture94 @ 04/25/10 08:47 PM
They definately need to take a big jump with graphics and player models next year.

# 50 MrDhWhat @ 04/25/10 09:22 PM
This looks like Madden 10. it doesn't look that good at all to me. if this is madden 11 they haven't taken care of the number being CUT OFF on the second Number. I hated that Cause the light reflected off of it.

# 51 St3fN_sTrApS @ 04/25/10 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I know they still have 15 on his jersey because, that was his college number but, He's wearing number 10 in pros I believe. I seen him holding it up on tv.

On another note is this the ONLY rookie pick were going to see? How about a Ryan Mathews screen shot for good faith Ian.

You what they should do is make a video and go into the replay and have M10 and M11 side by side for comparison. The same weather and all. I think that would be the only legit way to prove M11 may have slightly better graphics than the last iteration.
I may be wrong here, but I think the reason he is holding a number 10 jersey is because he was selected in the first round of the 2010 draft. I'm pretty sure he'll stick with number 15. Gaffney is still number 10, thats why Brady Quinn switched to number 9 this season.

# 52 beau21 @ 04/25/10 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas_fan
I may be wrong here, but I think the reason he is holding a number 10 jersey is because he was selected in the first round of the 2010 draft. I'm pretty sure he'll stick with number 15. Gaffney is still number 10, thats why Brady Quinn switched to number 9 this season.
Tebow will, indeed, sport the #15 for the Broncos:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-to-wear-no-15

Quote:
New Denver quarterback Tim Tebow is conducting his introductory press conference in Denver.

He said he will wear No. 15 in Denver. It was his college number.

The number was last worn by Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall, who was sent to Miami last week. Denver used one of the draft picks acquired in the Marshall deal to trade up to take Tebow.

# 53 SouthernBrick @ 04/25/10 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas_fan
Oh didn't know that.

Figured It would of had 1 on it for the 1st round pick in the draft for Broncos.

# 54 kehlis @ 04/25/10 11:00 PM
I always assumed all teams did that, the Broncos have been doing it for awhile.

# 55 nyj721 @ 04/25/10 11:01 PM
that literally looks the exact same as last year unless i'm missing something

# 56 oneamongthefence @ 04/25/10 11:55 PM
WeLl I like the camera angle...

# 57 Facts @ 04/26/10 12:35 AM
Tebow is going under center. That ball better be fumbled or this game isn't a sim.

# 58 Gosens6 @ 04/26/10 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Tebow is going under center. That ball better be fumbled or this game isn't a sim.

# 59 Zasnow @ 04/26/10 02:12 AM
Was eye black in last years?

# 60 T3B0W @ 04/26/10 03:08 AM
Wow! 8 pages on one screen shot! Wtf?

I can't wait for the actual game to be released - this place will go nuts if this is anything to go by.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.