Home
Tecmo Bowl Throwback News Post

Tecmo Bowl Throwback is now available on the Marketplace and should be available for the PS3 tomorrow. Post your impressions here.

Game: Tecmo Bowl ThrowbackReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 321 CaptainZombie @ 06/04/10 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Had a blast online tonight with bcruise and Gears!

Definitely need to do that again.
I second that.

# 322 Heelfan71 @ 06/04/10 08:31 AM
I love this game (PS3). So much fun. Reminds me of the good old days when we played games for fun. Only time I ever get fumbles if I hit "X" a lot while trying to break tackles.

# 323 TecmoZack @ 06/04/10 11:55 AM
Yeah, I am having a blast as well....feel free to add me guys...

My PSN : TecmoZack

# 324 thaSLAB @ 06/04/10 03:11 PM
I'm definitely loving the game too! Feel free to add me on PSN: thaSLAB

# 325 FinsUp75 @ 06/04/10 03:56 PM
Is there any way to download a named roster set, if there's any out there, for PS3? I know you can copy the file to a flash drive...

Also, agree with the impressions, love the game, brings back a ton of memories.

# 326 ezio @ 06/04/10 04:32 PM
Is there a demo or only the full download?

# 327 babythug23 @ 06/04/10 08:54 PM
whats the site to get the names to edit to the 93 roster?

# 328 TecmoZack @ 06/05/10 10:44 AM
I just typed in Tecmo Super Bowl SNES Roster on Google...the first link that pops up is the one....the names are in the exact order as the game edit screen...

# 329 babythug23 @ 06/06/10 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp75
Is there any way to download a named roster set, if there's any out there, for PS3? I know you can copy the file to a flash drive...

Also, agree with the impressions, love the game, brings back a ton of memories.
When you find one Pm it to me please. So far i did two teams cowboys and niners.

# 330 DJ @ 06/13/10 01:45 AM
Just picked this up on PSN the other day. Only played 2 games so far but man, it was a blast! I'm liking the 3D, too. I've switched to 2D but only for a few plays.

Not sure if I'll spend the time re-naming the rosters, but am definitely going to start up a season soon.

I'm up for some online games, too.

# 331 Valdarez @ 06/13/10 10:42 AM
For the PS3 guys, how's the lag in the online games when you don't host? Can you tell it's there?

# 332 richmond_rocket @ 06/14/10 02:44 AM
has anybody got a ps3 roster file?

# 333 mustardnmayo @ 06/14/10 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
For the PS3 guys, how's the lag in the online games when you don't host? Can you tell it's there?
Very laggy, ruins the game for online to me. I hosted 4 times, had all 4 opponents quit,I was winning all the games but I assume they couldnt deal with the lag creating the advantage.

Played 2 games as non host, finished 1, but wasnt fun. Quit 2nd , couldnt deal with lag added with host opponent NT diving every single play.

# 334 Valdarez @ 06/14/10 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardnmayo
Very laggy, ruins the game for online to me. I hosted 4 times, had all 4 opponents quit,I was winning all the games but I assume they couldnt deal with the lag creating the advantage.

Played 2 games as non host, finished 1, but wasnt fun. Quit 2nd , couldnt deal with lag added with host opponent NT diving every single play.
I was afraid that would be the case, though I held out hope that the later release on the PS3 meant the networking issues were being addressed. Dang Tecmo, you let me down for the first time.

# 335 DJ @ 06/16/10 02:49 PM
Just started a season today with New York and 3 of my 4 running backs went down with injuries! It was crazy. I had to fight to hang on to a 10-7 victory.

# 336 Valdarez @ 06/20/10 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I'll be honest, I don't think it's bad at all, if almost completely unnoticeable. I've hosted a few and played as the guest a few times, and the lag is VERY slight. I got used to it after a couple plays and then couldn't even tell a difference.

It's over-exaggerated IMO.
Biggest problem I had with lag was trying to zig/zag and make quick cuts on the XBox 360. Especially when you ran a run through the A Gap and wanted to pull back and shift up to an outside run. It was impossible to do make a change like that when lagging. Also the lag varied from not so bad to I can only make one move (literally) on every play.

# 337 moose1619 @ 03/31/11 02:29 PM
Thinking about getting this, anyone still playing it?

# 338 jyoung @ 03/31/11 07:14 PM
The online play lags horribly unless you're hosting.

The new graphics suck.

You can't change the uniform colors or team names. At least you can edit the player names, but you have to enter all of them manually.

Basically, you are better off with the SNES or NES version.

# 339 tecmo bowl king @ 07/10/11 03:45 PM
still playing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.