Home
Fight Night Round 5 News Post

TrueGameHeadz have posted their changes that need to be made to the next Fight Night.

Quote:
"Fight Night Round 5″ had better have some kind of AMPED UP presentation in all areas of the game, but in the Legacy mode in particular. For example, Make the main hub an ESPN central zone, or maybe have a digital boxing show that talks about titles exchanging hands, up and coming fighters, and retired fighters. It’s “next generation,” you can do it EA! I want the Pay Per View events’ presentation to really stand out from my Friday Night Fights matches. Have cut scenes of George Foreman and Max Kellerman talking at ringside. Give me the tale of the tape (which “UFC” managed to include). Give me presentation of the whole card. Tell me about the undercard; who’s fighting, if they are up and coming. Include some cut scenes of movie stars in attendance, and maybe even a future challenger in street clothes who is watching your fight to scout you, or to be interviewed about an upcoming fight. Make “Round 5″ as much like a real life P.P.V. event as possible, something that someone would pay to watch."

Game: Fight Night Round 5Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 SHAKYR @ 11/10/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarr43
Haha, we are on the same page then, my man! I know we aren't the only ones out there.. It feels like I have been waiting a lifetime for you know, the boxing game that should have existed a long time ago... in a galaxy, far, far away... lol I've been waiting to see a smart boxing career manager sim with graphics since the 80's dude. Honestly, I really thought the PC would have been the one to do this.. We need the Sierra Football Pro of Boxing!
If you saw that large wishlist we sent the producers with reaism in mind. You would be excited! I would be happy with 75% of it.

Here are some ideas the producers have seen.
The Ultimate Manager/Promoter Mode Online and Off
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/319156.page

Should EA add trainer and boxer chemistry?
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/362651.page

add all weight classes in fnr 5 (catch weight options)
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/533399.page

Tendencies,capabilities,and attributes EA please use them in the next game
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1062262.page

Some ideas I got from old game and mixed them with mines.

Manager Mode
should let players take control of their own stable of boxers. You should be able to take your boxers all the way to the top and win world championship belts of all three Organizations. You start out with a small team of talented boxers or boxers that may have potential. You will have to hire trainers who will train your boxers, sign on new up-and-comers from a pool of boxers. You should be able to set up bouts and determine tactics and techniques before and during the events. You should have boxers wanting to be part of your stable if you are successful in getting good fights and getting titles fights for your boxers.
A managers should always pay attention to his finances: does he have the money to take on better a staff in order to improve training? Can he promote his boxing events with TV ads, drawing crowds and earning big bucks, or will he have to make do with a small note in the local papers?

****Contract negotiations with boxers from around the world
Search for and train upcoming talents
Management of finances and staff

***Gyms-Gyms with different strengths

Media Huds- TV Stations(Name, Style, Patience, MMA Stance, Range, MMA Shows, Expand shows, extend Show), PPV Carriers(Name,Size, Range, Client,PPV Split), TV Shows(Name,Promotion, Current Contracts, Contract Status, Show Time, Cost Split, Revenue Spilit, Recent Rating)

Promotional companies- Create promotional companies and Ranking for promotional companies

This definitely will bring longevity to the game.
There Should be Manager Creator

You should be able to choose your manager name, his nationality, his age and his starting skills.
The manager's age should reflects his experience in the field and savings: a young manager should start with few boxers and cash, but have a longer career, while an older one should have more starting boxers and cash but a shorter career.
You should be able to assign skills to a manager.

Your income should be mostly made up of fight purses and sponsorships, popular boxers will make a little bit from their fan clubs. You should or could have various miscellaneous income, usually through an anonymous donation. Expenditures are mostly with your training equipment, doctors, and the fighter's share of purses, although there is miscellaneous expense as well.

Advertising

In advertising all you should be able to cycle through your fighter's names and see if anyone has offered them a sponsorship each month. If one is offered take it without trying to get a better offer, even if it's low money and low months. By the time you get another offer you'll have missed out on whatever money was already offered. If a boxer has a advertising deal going already, he won't be able to get another until the current one expires. The more popular the boxer, the more offers he'll get. Add your negotiating skill and hopefully you'll be getting good prices as well. Sponsorship is a beautiful supplement to the purses you'll be getting and can sometimes hold you over when you have fewer fights going from month to month.

Stealing a boxer from a rival manager can be very lucrative and gain you an easy champion. When you're comfortable in the rankings screen, you can spend some time finding out which boxers are really good but ranked lower than they deserve. Some of them haven't fought their way to the top, so you might find an excellent boxer ranked pretty low and save yourself a lot of training time. Once you pick a couple good targets, you can search for them according to the skills that you had observed. It usually takes a long contract and a higher percentage than with a free agent, but if you immediately start earning good money for fights, it's well worth it.

There is satisfaction with grooming a young boxer to be a world champion, however. When you have a good reputation and are financially stable, it is wonderful to grab a 16-18 year old and bring him to the top for a reign of terror. When you find a boxer with very good potential, you want to sign him but not let him fight until he gets close to reaching his raw potential. When he reaches his peak, that's when you start fighting. Fight every single boxer you can, just go one at a time up the ladder, if he jumps two slots fight the guy you missed. Over time his potential will increase little by little, and after about three years of fighting he'll be even better than when he started.

This is also fun, because with very high skills he will just mow down his opponents who can't even hope to compete with him. By the time he reaches the upper echelons, he'll have developed enough skills to compete on an even basis.

In real life this wouldn't work because he wouldn't be able to feed his family for several years, so it does have a bit of a moral problem. Guys like this usually become champions in their late 20's and can hang on well into their 30's.

As I mentioned earlier, workhorses (or journeymen) will be a big help for you. Older guys who won't be top ten fighters, but can win fights and earn you decent money are very, very valuable. They won't be as hard to sign as the top fighters, and while you're training a potential champion these guys are paying for everything, fighting nearly every month.

When you start a new career your beginning boxers can make or break you financially. Especially if you start young, you need guys who are going to win a few fights, earning the cash you need and the good reputation that you are striving for. Since they are given out at random, you might be inclined to ditch a career and immediately start over if you get hopeless boxers to start with. If you pull a workhorse to start, you're golden because they'll start raking it in for you within a few months.

Real life doesn't have a save button, but you do. You can save the game before a huge decision – such as which young boxer to sign with a big contract – and just reload it if you find that he really doesn't have all that much potential. Now that is underhanded, but very effective.

The length of fights can be very important, even to the point where you're willing to cancel a fight and reschedule with the same guy to get the length you need. I find a lot of knockout artists need extra rounds when they're chasing a faster boxer, so 10-12 rounds can mean a knockout win while 8 rounds can mean a decision loss. Seriously.

Lower ranked boxers pull 8-10 round fights more often, higher ranked fighters get 12 rounders more often. Top 10 fighters always go the full 12 rounds.

There is one big cheat to the game, but if you use it wrong you'll take all the fun out of it. Press the space bar during a round to knock down your opponent without hitting him. Easy way to win rounds or just TKO him out of there.

A strong boxer always has a "puncher's chance" if he's losing to a speedster. If he has enough energy, let him fight aggressively and hope for a lucky shot. They don't happen all the time, of course, but every now and then someone will land a huge punch that just knocks his opponent silly even if he had great energy. Just hope it doesn't happen to your guy, because they usually don't recover and the ref stops it.

I mentioned earlier that you don't want multiple boxers in the same weight class if they are close in ranking. Your boxers can't fight each other, so it loses potential opponents if they are within 5 spots of each other. If you have an aging veteran it's okay to sign a young talent, however.

Check all your advertising every month. The more boxers you have, the easier it is to forget how many months they have left. It only takes a few seconds, you might miss a money opportunity otherwise.

Boxers love 5 year contracts, even taking 1% sometimes to have the security in length. If you're certain you want a boxer, go immediately to 5 years and work the percentage up from 1%, it'll give you the best possible rate.

You can "duck" fighters that might derail your boxer's career. Choosing the right fights is very important, your boxer can get to the top by "missing" fights along the way with boxers who have a lot of skill but haven't moved up in rank yet. Fortunately you don't have the media hollering about how your fighter is ducking a certain opponent. I like to fight everybody if possible to prove that he can beat the best, but sometimes it's just not worth the risk.

Opponents with weak chins are your best friend, never forget that. Even if he totally outclasses your fighter in other categories, you can usually hang in there long enough to get the knockout if you manage the fight carefully.

# 42 bbarr43 @ 11/10/10 08:24 PM
Dude, it's like you tapped into my brain right when I finished my last post. Yeah, I realize I'm a newbie poster, but it's good to know an outsider who hasn't seen any of the years of ongoing posts, thinks somewhat along the same lines right? EA is hopefully seriously looking at this recent stuff on here.. I'm a no-namer yahoo who just started posting. I hope they look at this stuff collectively and really see the potential.

# 43 bbarr43 @ 11/11/10 02:59 PM
My rant for the day... I popped in FN4 last night, and took a look at some things. Today I would like to express a look at gameplay basics. There is a desire to see more humanistic reactions based on punches, power of punches and punch angles. It seems you have these super highly detailed models, but have a really bare bones physics system. It's this feel of Barbie dolls or Lego models with limited rotation of one block (head) and another block (body). To me, it suggests the need of say at least 25-30 animations per character for each punch vs. what feels to me like only 2-3 right now, and numerous head connection points.

If you look at the jab punch itself, it can have so many reactions based on just the angle it connected with. I don't exactly about boxing, but in martial arts you have this relaxed feeling of letting your punch go and act like a whip, not holding onto stored energy. So it should have the effect of a violent quick head pop the way a whip cracks. It also should be physics based on whether your opponent is moving towards, away from you. Are you moving towards him or defensively away? Are his feet planted, or is he changing weight distribution? Is he ducking, swaying or bobbing and weaving? It's gonna create an entirely different reaction, just for one punch.

Some of this doesn't see too advanced for today's technology. An idea here is maybe 15-20 reaction points of the head based on the punch. Some variation ideas here just on the jab: punch connects the jaw, so his head sinks down towards the neck. If it hits square center, head moves back and moves the entire body backwards (based on one fighter's weight and the other's punching power). The fighter may slightly lose footing and balance. If he is swaying the same direction of the punch, it shifts his body angle more in that direction. If he leans into the punch, we see a different angle reaction . Maybe I'm leaning towards a more true human physics motion system, (ex. Backbreaker). Seems like it could be done through just more complex connection points and increased animations though.

We also see a lot of same squared up body positioning, and not enough humanistic body shifting. I would like to see the boxers feel more humanly alive, constantly having some sort of slight changing body movement that doesn't seem so canned. My final thought is for all the glamour behind the advancement in high definition visuals, the animations and human physics hasn't quite caught up. I'm out!

# 44 bbarr43 @ 11/11/10 03:30 PM
Alright, I got a thought on pawwing and punch velocity here. Maybe a little variance here on speed styles v. power, but you slowly move the right stick in the direction of the jab and hold it there. Maybe more of a signature style for Ali, Jones, etc. It holds his arm out there, as you continue to hold it. When you let go, his arms recoil. Punch variety can be based more on the velocity of your movement of the stick here. A quick snapping jab is just a quick thrust. A power jab is quick thrust and hold for a second. Could help you create those quick one-two combos with a sense of purpose. Do you want a quick snap one-two with little meat so you can keep distance, or one-two with the two having a little more twang? You could chain this into combos, controlling the timing and little more oomph behind each punch. Ex: one-one... one-ONE.. one-two... one-TWO... one-two-three... one-TWO-three... one-two-THREE The extra twang could bring out more head pop and sweat animation. A thought...

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.