Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has posted a new blog discussing prospects. This is part 2 of a 3 part dynasty blog.

Quote:
"For the rest of this blog we are going to go over some of the new things we've done with the Prospects in Dynasty Mode. As you all know, the further you get in future years of Dynasty Mode the more the new Prospects coming into your game matter, so we had to ensure we did a better job this year in creating and ranking these Prospects.

As you many of you have already guessed, there is a new ratings spread in NCAA Football 11. You'll no longer see dozens of players at 99 OVR in this year's game when looking at the rosters we ship with. Hence, we had to ensure the new Prospects created in Dynasty Mode matched the new philosophy. The Prospects have been re-created... every single one of them. The reason being is we wanted to ensure that all positions in the game had its share of elite players, multiple types of players, and an even spread from top to bottom.

What classifies as an elite Prospect has changed from previous years with the new ratings spread. As you can imagine, you'll no longer see true freshman come into the game rated in the 90's OVR or even high 80's OVR. Only the top Prospects at any position this year will come in over an 80 OVR and depending on your school, he may or may not be able to start instantly."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Lava @ 05/20/10 11:26 PM
I wonder if they tweaked athletes at all to go along with this.

# 82 Watson @ 05/20/10 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
i was referring to the screenshot in this blog....which is the pro combat uni's..

the screenshot you just posted are the regular jersey's
I was talking to Magic anyways.....

# 83 Solidice @ 05/21/10 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
but the screen in the new blog is the unis they wore for the bowl game which i believe were pro-combats.
I know, and I posted that picture in the 4th post in this thread.

# 84 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/21/10 12:46 AM
Cant wait for the next blog, And EA if the next one is about coaching changes I will bow down to greatness...

# 85 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/21/10 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
I think it will be another recruiting blog
Damn.... Well If it is I just hope it ties into coaching changes like everybody is saying.

# 86 HUSKERmania @ 05/21/10 01:44 AM
So does anyone believe underdeveloped prospects will make it in?

Because the blog said potenial is going to be such a driving force this year, do you think a prospect's weight will factor in. If a player is underweight but has high potenial, he should be able to pack on the weight over the years.

The facillity rating could impact the increase in weight, too. And being even more hopeful, if coaching carousel makes it in, the HC or cordinators could have ratings to impact a prospect's growth.

# 87 jsquigg @ 05/21/10 01:53 AM
This blog is bipolar. I can't wait to see the reaction come release week.....

# 88 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/21/10 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
This blog is bipolar. I can't wait to see the reaction come release week.....
Bro this game as well as Madden is shaping up to be the best to date, They just need a little help in small detail..

# 89 PVarck31 @ 05/21/10 02:05 AM
I am thoroughly impressed. To me they have hit on every piece of info they have put out so far.

This is a far cry from "Wide Open Gameplay", and "Season Showdown".

# 90 tyman21 @ 05/21/10 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
wow i was thinking the same thing today. You used to be able to do random play for offense and defense and the play would switch each time. Now its just the same play until you pick a new one. And they should have some sort of scrimmage setting so the ball respots instead of always going back to the original spot.
Well you can do random play, it's just always within a package. I want an option to do it through all packages

# 91 gotti1914 @ 05/21/10 07:22 AM
This upgrade was truly needed...lets hope it works out for the better than the previous...

# 92 BigDuke @ 05/21/10 07:58 AM
Addressing recruit rankings and ratings is great, as long as we no longer see players with 90 SPD and 80 ACC. All the CPU-generated recruits should have ratings comparable to the players created in the default roster.

# 93 adembroski @ 05/21/10 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
What does this mean? Pre-generated recuriting classes much like Maddens pre-generated draft classes?
NCAA always did use pre-gen draft classes. Madden had the randomized ones before.

# 94 bonbonan @ 05/21/10 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti1914
This upgrade was truly needed...lets hope it works out for the better than the previous...
Yeah,of course better than the previous version..

# 95 boritter @ 05/21/10 09:17 AM
Good news about JUCO players and the potential attribute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Blog
For example, you can scout defensive ends that specialize in a speed pass rush or a strength based run stopper.
I hope this means there is some type of filter system that is based on attributes other than overall rating and speed (like it was in NCAA10).

It would be awesome if you could search based on any attribute or physical characteristic such as height or weight.

# 96 IndyBronco @ 05/21/10 11:37 AM
I was tired of finding out in '10 that my 300 lb DT was way weaker than a 255 lb DT, it could happen, but not very likely in real life. It is only May and I think we have some good info to work with, cant wait to see what else is released in the next month and a half!

# 97 Matt Diesel @ 05/21/10 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
NCAA always did use pre-gen draft classes. Madden had the randomized ones before.
I never knew that. Interesting.

# 98 sinc79 @ 05/21/10 01:01 PM
Coaching Carousel would drop an absolute bomb on this community. Can't think of a faster way to get 100% pre-order participation. This game is really shaping up.

# 99 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/21/10 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc79
Coaching Carousel would drop an absolute bomb on this community. Can't think of a faster way to get 100% pre-order participation. This game is really shaping up.
I already have may reserve paid off all Im doing is waiting on that same news that will drop everybodys jaw to the ground with that news alone...

# 100 jsquigg @ 05/21/10 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Bro this game as well as Madden is shaping up to be the best to date, They just need a little help in small detail..
I like what I've seen so far, but NCAA has yet to be good on next gen IMO. I'm thrilled that they at least improved the option, but I'm going to wait and see when the game gets released. Everybody is losing their minds about stuff that should have been ported from last gen or improved from last gen in the first place.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.