Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has just posted dynasty blog #3 of 3, talking about recruiting logic and extras.

Quote:
"Dynasty is such a huge part of NCAA Football games that it took three blogs to get through all of the new features this year. You can check out the first two on the new Phone Call and Prospects by clicking on the links. This blog is dedicated to the behind the scenes logic and extras in NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty and Dynasty Modes.

One of the biggest changes to Dynasty Recruiting this year is a new setting allowing control of the difficulty. It has four options: Freshman, Varsity (the default setting), All-American, and Heisman. What you will see as you increase the difficulty is the computer controlled teams will maximize the amount of points they earn each Phone Call. In turn, you really need to be on your game on Heisman mode to sign the Top Prospects.

A huge part of the Recruiting Logic is making the Prospects have a more realistic approach to what school they are going to attend. To accomplish this, we made a few changes to the Prospect’s thought process. First, before a Prospect can pick his final school, he has to have his Top 10 in order. Second, the better a Prospect is, the more it takes to get him to come to your school. Finally, for some Prospects staying near home is a major deal, and it should give those close schools an advantage."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RynoAid @ 06/07/10 05:08 PM
yes, no more managing and enforcing recruiting restrictions in online dynasty's... this should level the playing field and make it much easier for commish's to manage things.

# 22 Brandwin @ 06/07/10 05:09 PM
Sound good. Hopefully it works as well as they say.

# 23 tylerd02 @ 06/07/10 05:10 PM
Everything sounds great if it works but i remain skeptical. We'll see.

# 24 TripleCrown9 @ 06/07/10 05:16 PM
Congratulations LSU fans. We got a Kent State-BGSU screen before the Tigers.

# 25 doctorhay53 @ 06/07/10 05:24 PM
No coaching changes = MAJOR, MAJOR FAIL....

# 26 Solidice @ 06/07/10 05:41 PM
nice. love that recruiting should be tougher. half-sacks, assisted tackles were a good small detail bonus.

# 27 fcboiler87 @ 06/07/10 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
I really hope it would be a coaching carousel or at least mention school recruiting to their playing styles. This would have been great to hear cause if we dont hear it at E3 it probably was not implemented this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
No coaching changes = MAJOR, MAJOR FAIL....
Agreed. I am definitely hoping we hear something next week about it because if not, that is a huge blow to the potential of the game. I'll still get it like I always do, but a coaching carousel has been my number one wish for years.

# 28 Cantgetright69 @ 06/07/10 05:44 PM
If they dont have the schools recruit not only to their school but to their coaches philosophy then this is gonna set the game back.

Mainly to the coach they have. Cause michigan use to have them stud pro style qbs then rich screwed it up now they got the spread speedster. Hopefully we see something like that in this years. It would be simple to code. Have each coach have a specific style and then have them prioritize recruits to that specific style.

Something so easy to put in would go a long ways for us fans.

# 29 beelo @ 06/07/10 05:47 PM
Good Read... 11 is looking like what we should have had for next gen all along!

# 30 moylan1234 @ 06/07/10 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Edit 2: I'm going to go ahead and say they're increasing the user limit in Online Dynasties this year since the E3 news seems to be OD info.
Ben stated in one of the interviews that it was the same number as last year

# 31 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/07/10 05:56 PM
I'll definitely be recruiting on Heisman. Not too disappointed about CC because that was really a fan made hype train. If it's announced at E3, great, if not, everything else looks groovy enough to sate me for this year. But I am looking forward to whatever E3 announcements their are and the Teambuilder upgrade as well.

# 32 boritter @ 06/07/10 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley7
Liking the new half sacks and half tackles stat
That was the highlight of the blog for me.

# 33 TheGamingChef @ 06/07/10 06:07 PM
I am just hoping Heisman recruiting difficulty is either not too easy, or it doesn't just blatantly "cheat" against you. If the CPU is a real competitor in recruiting, and the sliders work, offline dynasty will be the most fun it ever has been.

# 34 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/07/10 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
I am just hoping Heisman recruiting difficulty is either not too easy, or it doesn't just blatantly "cheat" against you. If the CPU is a real competitor in recruiting, and the sliders work, offline dynasty will be the most fun it ever has been.
Cheat against you. All I could think when I read this was Kiffin mode.

# 35 oldman @ 06/07/10 06:47 PM
Well, this blog was more of what I was looking for. I still would like to see more additions to dynasty mode, coaching changes and things of that such, but I am on boat to purchase this years edition now.

# 36 fcboiler87 @ 06/07/10 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Cheat against you. All I could think when I read this was Kiffin mode.
LOL same here

# 37 countryboy @ 06/07/10 07:12 PM
Looking really good.

Love the idea of recruiting being tougher, hope teams don't recruit too far off style of play, but am hoping that since they took the time to promote, "120 Ways to Win" that teams will recruit to their play style.

1/2 sacks and 1/2 tackles are a plus, as are the new awards. Also hoping they address the new bowls and some of the issues with team selection in bowl games last year.

All in all...game is shaping up to be very good. A shame it took this long to get to this point, but at least we're finally here.

# 38 sinc79 @ 06/07/10 07:13 PM
Sorry but recruiting is a little boring. Hopefully E3 has something to do with carousel

# 39 Watson @ 06/07/10 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Congratulations LSU fans. We got a Kent State-BGSU screen before the Tigers.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

# 40 mkam89 @ 06/07/10 07:35 PM
I'm disappointed in these "dynasty" blogs. They were really just recruiting blogs. There was very little information that pertained to other parts of dynasty mode (new trophies, 1/2 sacks, one week bowl season).
Hopefully they are saving something bigger, like coaching carousel, to be in a blog by itself (or E3).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.