Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

E3: Madden NFL 11 Ravens vs. Titans Gameplay (off-camera) featuring Ray Lewis' pre-game routine. For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to our Youtube channel.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ODogg @ 06/16/10 02:28 PM
I hear a lot of folks complain about "skating" and I never really see it but wow...def. see what people mean in this clip. That looks pretty ..."skaty"...

# 62 DGuinta1 @ 06/16/10 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Fastforward this video to 2:56 and watch the QB movement when he rolls and throws and then watch the madden vid with Vince Young again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVIcG...eature=related
Oh trust me 2K is day and nite compared to Madden. Just don't think Madden looks that bad. What choice do we have being die hard football fans? I just think people that are always negative about a game and don't see any positives, doesn't help anyone. Madden dev. team is more and more listening to the gaming community. Hell on next gen. I thought Madden would be like when they first released those vids of McNabb and the Eagles against the Giants. But I do see improvements in the EA games, like Madden and NCAA11. I am just not as picky. Maybe cause I am 39 years old and remember the days of Pac-man and Centipede. The games made now a days are amazing.

# 63 DGuinta1 @ 06/16/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I'm 34 bro. Been playing em since I was 3. ALways loved football games. I can appreciate the technology, but you also have to consider that the price has nearly tripled since those games. When a company is spending more time figuring out what to charge me for next rather than making their product at least as good as a competing product years ago, I take issue. Especially when I don't have a choice.

It's not about being negative, it's about realizing that if you send the message that it's acceptable, it will be all you get. The message needs to be loud and clear that the quality is not acceptable so that it pushes them to up the ante. I'm not going to get on people for buying the game, people do what they want with their money, but know that everytime you buy it and settle, you are just contributing to the sub-par, crap quality we have now come to expect from our only NFL football title.
I completely understand and hear ya. Can't argue with you. I guess one mans trash is another mans treasure so to speak. Lol you live in TX and are a Giants fan and for me I live in NJ and huge Cowboys fan!

# 64 computerlover @ 06/16/10 03:33 PM
may be im mistaken, but during the ray lewis team "chant" i thought i heard drew brees 1, 2, 3 chant.. that is downright disrespectful!! ray lewis is the what time is it! game time! fire up the team, if they overlay drew brees fire up team chant on all teams.. thats jess plain lazy!! come on EA fix by final release.. if im wrong.. then i will STFU! lol!

# 65 rangerrick012 @ 06/16/10 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlover
may be im mistaken, but during the ray lewis team "chant" i thought i heard drew brees 1, 2, 3 chant.. that is downright disrespectful!! ray lewis is the what time is it! game time! fire up the team, if they overlay drew brees fire up team chant on all teams.. thats jess plain lazy!! come on EA fix by final release.. if im wrong.. then i will STFU! lol!
I heard the same thing, I thought no one else noticed. I definitely didn't hear the "what time is it" chant and it sounded a lot like the Saints one.

# 66 buttsakk @ 06/16/10 04:56 PM
Does anyone else think the Ray Lewis intro dance is way to Robotic??

I know his cousin mo-cap that, but man does it look Horrible compared to the real thing.
Ray's is more of a punch or thrust movement, the Madden version is more Pop n' lock. :P

# 67 rangerrick012 @ 06/16/10 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttsakk
Does anyone else think the Ray Lewis intro dance is way to Robotic??

I know his cousin mo-cap that, but man does it look Horrible compared to the real thing.
Ray's is more of a punch or thrust movement, the Madden version is more Pop n' lock. :P
His cousin? I hope you're kidding. You're telling me they couldn't get Ray Lew to take a day out of his schedule to come mo cap, they really used his COUSIN?

That's another disappointment. You implement something like the pregame chants, but don't have the attention to detail to have guys come in and do the actual chants; if they just use the Saints chant for every team pre-game, that would be REALLY lame. And for people saying it's just something you X through after once or twice - if you put it in, you should have the attention to detail to go the full 9 yards regardless. Not have one chant and ignore all the other unique chants.

# 68 ODogg @ 06/16/10 05:40 PM
now that's a comical visual, LMAO!

# 69 jdr4693 @ 06/16/10 05:52 PM
Commentary is awful.. they don't even talk to each other and there is so much dead silence. Wheres the back and forth banter?? Its like there both in two different rooms talking. Lame.

# 70 DGuinta1 @ 06/16/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Commentary is awful.. they don't even talk to each other and there is so much dead silence. Wheres the back and forth banter?? Its like there both in two different rooms talking. Lame.
Agreed. Last years Madden I eventually just turned the commentators off.

# 71 NYyankz225 @ 06/16/10 06:41 PM
I just have to say...there is no way in hell you can convince me that that Ray Lewis "dance" was mo-capped. It looks like the old Chuck-E-Cheese robots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtdHsuRJnAg

# 72 TheWatcher @ 06/16/10 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
I just have to say...there is no way in hell you can convince me that that Ray Lewis "dance" was mo-capped. It looks like the old Chuck-E-Cheese robots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtdHsuRJnAg

I appreciated the effort when I saw it in 10, but yeah he does look like he could use an oil break.

# 73 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 06/16/10 11:29 PM
that looks like Madden 10 to me...i cant believe they didnt change that super generic presentation and the commentary was the worst....I havent been big on next gen maddens except 10 but this video looks exactly the same.....but i guess the jury is still out

# 74 at23steelers @ 06/16/10 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madchuck4
Why can't they make the commentary how it is in NCAA or All Pro Football. I really hope they have time to fix this, but Gus sounds like Hammond.
Honestly, NCAA is mediocre at best. I really hope they have added more lines since the E3 version they are showing.

# 75 nhiverson @ 06/17/10 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlover
I think the camera could of been maybe picking up sound from another TV. Well that's my guess since its e3 I would guess the game is lined up on a bunch of TV's.

# 76 Bellsprout @ 06/17/10 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Random Notes

Coin toss animations have been removed with the players standing around the ref. I liked that moment each game, because...um...it really happens.
Except that they're going for a TV style presentation and they never show the coin toss on TV unless it's the Super Bowl. What do they always show before games? A montage of shots of players getting hyped up, and that's exactly the way Madden starts it's games now.

It's a small upgrade, but I like it a lot.

# 77 rangerrick012 @ 06/17/10 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Except that they're going for a TV style presentation and they never show the coin toss on TV unless it's the Super Bowl. What do they always show before games? A montage of shots of players getting hyped up, and that's exactly the way Madden starts it's games now.

It's a small upgrade, but I like it a lot.
From what I see they are still VERY far away from resembling a TV style presentation. Taking out the coin toss still leaves them miles away from TV style presentation on the field and in the game.

# 78 Bellsprout @ 06/17/10 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
From what I see they are still VERY far away from resembling a TV style presentation. Taking out the coin toss still leaves them miles away from TV style presentation on the field and in the game.
I would agree with that, but it's still a microscopic step in the right direction.

# 79 Shawnj86 @ 06/18/10 01:39 PM
looks fun

# 80 RockAlum54 @ 06/19/10 02:24 AM
I like that they went with Gus Johnson on this .. he makex the game exciting.. I must say the beginning of this video is hype with Ray Ray doin his dance

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.