Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 steelersfan7 @ 06/19/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrodog
NCAA is on pre-order, I have given up on Madden.
I agree, I'm getting NCAA myself, I havent bought NCAA since 2002, its looking better than MAdden.

Looks like Madden 10 to me. Same ol animations and such. I could care less if there was a presentation at all, I'm into gameplay, thats all that matters to me. I ain't dropping 60 on the same game.

# 22 JkA3 @ 06/19/10 12:38 PM
i'm pretty underwhelmed, and why are they playing vids of Madden 10...joking, but was anything changed this year. The game looks the same to me.

# 23 HealyMonster @ 06/19/10 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMan1000
There really isn't anything they do well other than graphics. It's either mediocre or horrible with them.

thats actually a good point. It isnt like Superstar Mode changed the game and other sports games are clamoring to implement their feature or it isnt like they have this TV style presentation that another game will emulate someday. They dont do anything "great". There is literally nothing about Madden that I say man, thats a polished feature. I mean for crying out loud, for 2 years they have the away team on bottom of the overlay. LOL. its literally like man, they dont do anything right.

I know people see improvement and all, and there are good parts of the game but I mean throw enough darts and your bound to get a bullseye sooner or later right? its been 6 years and they haven't hit the dartboard yet(meaning a feature that works as advertised) let alone an innovative feature.

# 24 PGaither84 @ 06/19/10 01:07 PM
At what point is this generation of NFL gaming written off? The PS2/XBox/NGC era was the golden age of NFL gaming. Both Madden and 2k5 were great games in thier own right. This generation is pretty, and that is all I am afraid it will be remembered for.

I put my copy of 2k5 in last night and I do miss a lot of Madden's pre-snap adjustments [smart route, offensive and defensive play maker controls, etc.] and I know there are a few bugs, I was able to play a realistic NFL game.

I like what they did with 11 by changing the locomotion and giving us improved blocking, but when you spend an entire cycle on game play, and this is the best they could do?!? I don't know. It's hard to get excited about Madden at all anymore. Each E3 video shows over and over again how much more work needs to be done.

# 25 DaveDQ @ 06/19/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
thats actually a good point. It isnt like Superstar Mode changed the game and other sports games are clamoring to implement their feature or it isnt like they have this TV style presentation that another game will emulate someday. They dont do anything "great". There is literally nothing about Madden that I say man, thats a polished feature. I mean for crying out loud, for 2 years they have the away team on bottom of the overlay. LOL. its literally like man, they dont do anything right.

I know people see improvement and all, and there are good parts of the game but I mean throw enough darts and your bound to get a bullseye sooner or later right? its been 6 years and they haven't hit the dartboard yet(meaning a feature that works as advertised) let alone an innovative feature.
You are right. I really don't know what it is about this series where we are always seeing new things but they are never polished. I'm not talking about silly nonessentials like the Josten's ring, the HOF addition they made earlier this generation. Those things simply don't belong, but specific game related features like Pro-Tak, Commentary etc...they keep changing things that imply they are enhancing the game. However, it's simply a continuation of a very unhealthy development philosophy with this game.

Take for instance the obvious. Commentary. The shortcuts they do in the commentary are such a stand out flaw. It used to sound so horrible when Hammond would say, "The Jets 21, Miami 13." First off, the pause and dead air is too apparent. Secondly, the tone is horrid. You can tell they are shortcutting it by taking the audio for "Miami" from another instance where tone and inflection are different than the current situation of announcing a score.

Nothing has been improved or polished. It appears all they have done is replace the radio guy's sound bytes with Hammond's and Hammond's with Johnson's, which leads me to wonder if it's laziness, inadequateness or simply lack of time.

# 26 PGaither84 @ 06/19/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Nothing has been improved or polished. It appears all they have done is replace the radio guy's sound bytes with Hammond's and Hammond's with Johnson's, which leads me to wonder if it's laziness, inadequateness or simply lack of time.
It's not a lack of time. it's not like they are busy making a first person shooter and are making Madden on the side. this is all they do... every year.

# 27 HealyMonster @ 06/19/10 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
You are right. I really don't know what it is about this series where we are always seeing new things but they are never polished. I'm not talking about silly nonessentials like the Josten's ring, the HOF addition they made earlier this generation. Those things simply don't belong, but specific game related features like Pro-Tak, Commentary etc...they keep changing things that imply they are enhancing the game. However, it's simply a continuation of a very unhealthy development philosophy with this game.

Take for instance the obvious. Commentary. The shortcuts they do in the commentary are such a stand out flaw. It used to sound so horrible when Hammond would say, "The Jets 21, Miami 13." First off, the pause and dead air is too apparent. Secondly, the tone is horrid. You can tell they are shortcutting it by taking the audio for "Miami" from another instance where tone and inflection are different than the current situation of announcing a score.

The things they do, its almost like they are learning as they go and instead of doing things that make a finished product, they are doing things that are cool.

Like they go to work, mess around a bit and say "hey check this out, when a receiver breaks away I made the camera shake". Then next week its the cannon sound on a deep pass. Its like this year they have "happy holidays" and lights during xmas, its like someone messed around like "hey guys look at this". It looks very amateur. I know real broadcasts and NBA 2k has that stuff but it doesn't look like that. The madden version looks really cheap.

This also is apparent in the "direction" madden goes, we started off in 06 as a game going for the "on the field" gameplay, then they just didn't work out and it wasn't well recepted. Then they went "broadcast" and once again, they just didn't do a good job. Then they kind of had like a "what the heck do you want out of me tone" so instead of going one direction they "looked at the numbers" and now its 3 on 3/play as many games in as little amount of time.

they are just all over the place with still no direction cause they are already claiming to be going another direction in 2012.

# 28 DaveDQ @ 06/19/10 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44

they are just all over the place with still no direction cause they are already claiming to be going another direction in 2012.
I agree man..I agree. The thing is I don't want to cross the line of being disrespectful, especially to the guys who put their neck out with the blogs and such. Personally. I think it's upper management that forces things and is always mixing things up. They put out a lot of money to have the NFL and they're going to do what ever it takes to sell this game year in and year out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossa28
But imo Gus is still an improvement, but compared to all other sports games out now (I think its pretty much safe to say all) it's like Montana Sports Talk Football. Where's the chitter chatter between him & Collinsworth? I played NBA2K10 yesterday and just noticed in season mode they actually mentioned how my Bulls team dominated the team I was playing from last seasons matchups...that is incredible attention to detail from the announcing standpoint to recognize that. They go into how the player preformed on the previous night and the back & forth between the two is great. Since Madden add to get new lines, I don't know why they didn't upgrade how the commentary towards something like that.

This is what struck me about Renegade's comments. Madden has never had that "WOW" moment where gamers were so deeply impressed with what has been done that the game separates itself from other sports titles. Other games are doing it, but Madden just can't claim that high note.

# 29 convince @ 06/19/10 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daley7199
You guys complain about Maddens commentary. Tiger Woods has got to be the most lifeless, boring, repetitive, uninspired commentary of any game ever made.
Its clear you don't watch golf. That's is exactly what golf commentary is...boring. So comparing the two is crazy.

Quote:
Hey I don't necessarily blame you for giving up on madden. There hasn't been alot of whole sale changes in the game. Basically just a new paint job each year and thats it; But I hope you don't plan on buying NBA2k11 b/c if that were the case you would then be a hypocrite since 2k has been releasing the same basketball game since 2k7.
That is horrible logic. If game "A" has gameplay problems that are never address year in and year, yet the release the same game. You can't compare that to game "B" that has good/great gameplay with a few bugs and keeps that same gameplay yearly.

# 30 oneamongthefence @ 06/19/10 08:07 PM
If they fixed the flaws of last year and sold it to me this year i would buy it for 60 bucks. i just wish i didn't have to wait for patches to get a finished game.

# 31 Mr_Riddick @ 06/19/10 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by: daley7199: Hey I don't necessarily blame you for giving up on madden. There hasn't been alot of whole sale changes in the game. Basically just a new paint job each year and thats it; But I hope you don't plan on buying NBA2k11 b/c if that were the case you would then be a hypocrite since 2k has been releasing the same basketball game since 2k7.
Womlee23: If you follow 2k basketball since 07, In my opinion, little has changed because little change was needed as far as gameplay. To me madden has been unplayable since I saw gameplay from apf/2k. So you really can't put madden in the same sentence as nba2k.

# 32 DavonBrown @ 06/19/10 10:08 PM
Quote:
Hey I don't necessarily blame you for giving up on madden. There hasn't been alot of whole sale changes in the game. Basically just a new paint job each year and thats it; But I hope you don't plan on buying NBA2k11 b/c if that were the case you would then be a hypocrite since 2k has been releasing the same basketball game since 2k7.
Terrible logic and false statement! NBA 2K has had 3 great games this generation. Madden, ZERO! NBA 2K9 was not very good. NBA 2K11 is looking very promising because they have Mike Wang(leader of the 2K7 and 2K8 team) back. He is what everyone thought Ian Cummings would be. He knows the sport and he listens to the fans.

# 33 Skyboxer @ 06/19/10 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
Its clear you don't watch golf. That's is exactly what golf commentary is...boring. So comparing the two is crazy.
Actually the commentary in golf is usually very informative and at times pretty funny, if you know the sport that is.

# 34 convince @ 06/20/10 12:26 PM
I never said is wasn't informative, I just said it was boring. Someone speaking in monotone can be quite informative but yet that person would still be boring. And my point was more based on commentary of football vs. golf. So your point is.....shall I say "pointless".

# 35 convince @ 06/20/10 12:32 PM
Oh and by the way, very few people would call golf commentary funny. I'm not saying it never is but its rare. But again no comparison to other sports.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.