Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 steelernation28 @ 06/26/10 03:03 PM
Everything looks great. Wondering if this is a pre-season game? The staduim looks half empty. Thats a cool feature, but not in Pittsburgh. Because its snowing? The stadium would be full regardless. I can see that kind of thing happening in Cincinnati with the Bengals, but not with my Steelers.

# 42 steelernation28 @ 06/26/10 03:04 PM
I didn't see any field deterioration, which sucks

# 43 HealyMonster @ 06/26/10 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
I think these games being played at E3 are Exhibition/Play Now Games so the stands shouldn't be packed for those, IMO. If these were franchise regular or post season games, the stands should be full. This is probably a good sign of dynamic attendance being in Madden 11.
huh? have you ever watched an NFL game preseason or not, the stands are full. This isnt the MLB or NBA. Dynamic attendance should only trigger in a blowout game and in the 4th quarter. Im willing to bet, in the history of heinz field, there has never been a crowd at a game like that at the beginning.

Its one thing to have "dynamic attendance" its another thing to have half full stadiums just for the heck of it and calling it "dynamic attendance". Like I said "dynamic attendance" means at the end of the game, the crowd funnels out, not random games only a few people attend.

# 44 TexasBorn1 @ 06/26/10 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey

Fortunately, like Scott said, nobody is making you buy this game. If I complained about every product in existence that wasn't up to my standard.... "OMG this FORK is wayyyy too THIN! I can't believe they're trying to sell me this junk. The fork engineer (metallurgist? lol) needs to be FIRED! WOW!!!!!!"
Posts like this are just as bad as type the guy you responded to made. You are not funny and you're not contributing to the thread. Anyways, its hard to take anything away from the videos because the guy playing was so bad and he chose such extreme conditions that will rarely be played in.All madden still seems to be pretty cheap on default sliders as always.Don't know what's up with that being the case every year. The human pass rush was basically non-existent,but that may have to do with the users play-calling/difficulty level. All in all looks like Madden 10 GAMEPLAY wise,but I won't be able to tell until I rent it or buy it

# 45 SouthernBrick @ 06/26/10 03:46 PM
Seen some things I liked and some things I didn't like. DB animations looked good from what I've seen. When the DB stretched out and got that INT he didn't all of a sudden find "Ed Reed" type speed or warp and make a play. He hustled and got in position to stretch out and make the play. The fumbles I don't have a problem with, It's snowing like crazy and he wasn't protecting the ball at all when running with a QB so, no problem there.

The tackle animations are insanely repetitive and I'm not even sure I've seen any new ones even if there was any in that video. I didn't like the running back getting stuck trying to run up his blockers backside. Hopefully the animation they have to fix this happens consistently because, if not it won't really matter that it's even in the game. It will be like the 2 feet in animation where you only see it once in a blue moon(in M10) but, at least I did see a lot of the side line catches where the receiver tries to get 2 feet in "consistently".

Overall nothing impressive but, I did see some of the things I liked. I can only hope that that M11 is consistent in a lot of areas that played pretty badly last year.

# 46 TheWatcher @ 06/26/10 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I understand now why Gus has very little pre-snap comments. The coordinator for gameflow is talking. There were a few times after the play you hear Collinsworth talking with the coordinator talking over him.
There never has been any intentional pre-snap comments, and no ID commentary for who is throwing or for who is being handed off to. It's just a matter of them not seeing that this is a problem, and as a result, not adding it.

# 47 Pared @ 06/26/10 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
huh? have you ever watched an NFL game preseason or not, the stands are full.
This is wrong. I get pre-season tickets for the Jets and Giants quite often. They are not "full."

# 48 NFLHITMAN @ 06/26/10 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
This is wrong. I get pre-season tickets for the Jets and Giants quite often. They are not "full."
Exactly!

There is a reason why they are talking about having only 2 Preseason games for a reason

# 49 Nev @ 06/26/10 04:41 PM
At 2:10 of the 4th vid.

I'm not sure if its just the defender falling over with no impact on the play at all but it looks like a double team sack.

Its hard to tell but it does look awesome.

# 50 King Gro23 @ 06/26/10 04:43 PM
There was atleast one broken tackle in the steelers first five runs ! I hate how madden thinks broken tackles are common theres different types of broken tackles. Roddy White for example only had 5 broken tackles last year. Ala Forced 5 missed tackles The highest as a wide reciever was Mario Manningham with 18! thats it 1 a game.

Even better the broken tackles total at Halfback looks like this
1. AP - 50 717
2. MJD- 45 872
3.C.Johnson- 44 896
3T. J Stewart-44 443
5. S.Jackson -40 858
Now check out the snaps they played in red ^^

Madden players break tackles entirely too much. The simulated season stat might be around right i never checked it out but In gameplay all broken tackles arent recorded.

# 51 Pacman83 @ 06/26/10 04:47 PM
Simply put....it looked ok.

# 52 HealyMonster @ 06/26/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Im not saying every seat in the house is full, heck, the game tlc posted is a huge difference from the game. It is not common to see that many empty seats in an NFL stadium while any game is playing.

# 53 King Gro23 @ 06/26/10 05:13 PM
Tackling is horrid. Ben roethlisberger broke every first tackle. Mendenhall has 6 Broken tackles in a 4 min quarter half.
Some positives though: I kinda liked locomotion and the QB inaccuracies.

# 54 bxgoods @ 06/26/10 05:36 PM
Troy Polu looks like a beast in the vids, I'm glad they fixed tron running. Its actually a joy to watch players running in pursuit.

# 55 SteelerSpartan @ 06/26/10 05:50 PM
wish I could have heard the stadium sounds better

As for the gameplay.....anyone who can't stand to have played Madden in the past probably wont like this one either

Theres tons of things I think they need to fix, if they want to be considered the same type of quality that other sports games have(Forza,GT,NBA 2k, The Show,NHL)

I seriously think it is a design descision to keep "Roll 'n Chuck" in the game.....because God Forbid little Timmy not be able to pimp out his highlights to his 3rd grade friends

When has Forza or GT ever suffered in sales because it was "too Sim", or any sports game for that matter

yet I regress.....Im still going to get the game and spend many a nights slider tweaking. I just love my football too much.....its a vicious cycle

# 56 Joey Sauce @ 06/26/10 06:04 PM
well, im glad they fixed sideline catches.....(**sarcastic**) Game looks the same as last year and there is way too many broken tackles..im bummed

# 57 Evan_OS @ 06/26/10 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyi05
well, im glad they fixed sideline catches.....(**sarcastic**) Game looks the same as last year and there is way too many broken tackles..im bummed
There is only a few minor improvements that make it look like Madden 11. Without those, someone would think it was Madden 10.

# 58 PVarck31 @ 06/26/10 06:18 PM
I agree about the broken tackles. Hopefully this can be fixed with sliders.

# 59 canes21 @ 06/26/10 07:47 PM
Anyone else notice in the first video, when Big Ben fumbled, the Steeler's were all over the place in the pile, then they instantly switched to Ravens players. That was strange.

# 60 bcruise @ 06/26/10 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
I agree about the broken tackles. Hopefully this can be fixed with sliders.
I'm kinda in the middle about the broken tackles (particularly Ben). Remember on the other videos how user-controlled Tebow was breaking tackles left and right on Pro (or was it rookie?). This is the other extreme - All-Madden, and the CPU is the one doing most of the tackle breaking.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I want to see how All Pro plays.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.