Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sputney23 @ 07/05/10 10:23 PM
The guy playing makes it sooo hard to watch..urg

# 22 LionsFanNJ @ 07/05/10 10:48 PM
Megatron is a monster. Of course i like this madden footage.

# 23 stopper654 @ 07/05/10 10:50 PM
Any eagles videos plz

# 24 DrewsLions @ 07/05/10 11:16 PM
Finally, a little Lions footage! Gameplay and all that aside, a few little nitpicks like "Johnson Jr" on the back of Calvin's jersey.... why? He's never worn that.... Just things I'll have to edit. And Schwartz never wears a hat and yet there he is in it again this year. I know... I'm nitpicking and it's the Lions. But they seem to get this stuff right for most other teams.

On a positive, Matt Stafford looked just like Matt Stafford and not a largemouth bass... like in '10.

# 25 Joey Sauce @ 07/05/10 11:45 PM
Two thoughts on the end of the 4th video:

1. Glad to see a post game interview with someone else besides the QB
2. The guy interviewing Calvin Johnson is somehow taller than him..and CJ is like 6'5", wtf?

# 26 titansrock2010 @ 07/05/10 11:47 PM
[quote=Mr360BeasTx;2041269156]I ask him and he gave me this

Can you try to get more Chris Johnson gameplay instead of just Titan gameplay?

# 27 Aggies7 @ 07/06/10 12:26 AM
Considering they showed highlights at the end of the second quarter video I would say that there is probably not a halftime show?

# 28 MrSkagTrendy @ 07/06/10 06:13 AM
This guy makes it hard to watch, plays like a moron and skips everything

# 29 Skyboxer @ 07/06/10 11:37 AM
Liked what I see.. Yeah some of the playing is irritating but at least we are getting some footage and appreciate that. Certainly better than 10 and I liked 10. The blocking stands out as 1 thing. Some little nuances etc...

Can't wait to play!

# 30 ch46647 @ 07/06/10 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
slight tweasks to gamplay....Ice skating is horrendous especially noticable with the Qb's...All in all...Pretty much the same as 10(which i didnt like) but i may be wrong.

Looking forward to the demo...
Saint, the skating look is noticeable IMO on these vids played on slow game speed. Ian mentioned on a tweet a few weeks ago that the E3 builds were on default slow which alters the run cycle, which seems to give it that skating look.

This video is faster and is probably played on "normal" gameplay speed. There is still a hint of skating but looks much better then on the slow game speed IMO.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ientist06.html

The game played at this speed also looks much more exciting and less scripted. This gameplay looks very similar to the PS2 gameplay, and IMO that is a very good thing.

What do you think?

# 31 laker8la @ 07/06/10 11:56 AM
Anybody else notice that at the end of the "halftime show" they posted the QB stats for the half...and it says that Stafford is 7/7 for 106 yds, 2 TDS and 1 INT. First of all, how is it possible to be 7/7 and have an INT? Secondly, I saw at least one other incompletion where Calvin Johnson caught the ball out of bounds on the sideline...the ref called it a catch, the booth reviewed it, and then it was overturned and ruled an INCOMPLETION.

I hope this is ironed out before release. I am a stat geek, so this really bothers me.

# 32 iliteracy3 @ 07/06/10 12:14 PM
Any bears video, haven't seen any of that at all??

# 33 PacMan3000 @ 07/06/10 12:14 PM
Wow, good catch. Saw another stat error in a previous game that said Phillip Rivers went 5/4 for some odd yards.

# 34 RGiles36 @ 07/06/10 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Wow, good catch. Saw another stat error in a previous game that said Phillip Rivers went 5/4 for some odd yards.
Yeah I saw this one too...SMH

# 35 Brandwin @ 07/06/10 02:15 PM
Hopefully all the stat overlays are fixed before the game ships. It's annoying to see simple stat lines messed up.

# 36 Only1LT @ 07/06/10 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawsons_Creek
I don't think Suh looks big enough. His upper body looks so small and it kind of looks like he has a beer belly, its really strange. I wish they would bring back edit player model builds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Agreed. Ngata and Cody look like they went on a slim fast diet that actually worked.

Unfortunately, this has long been a complaint of mine in regards to the player models. The graphics are hi-res and the player models are comprised of a ton of polygons, but the overall shape of the player models has always been poor in my opinion. Everyone is too skinny and the heads are too large.

# 37 Meast21Forever @ 07/06/10 04:46 PM
this dude needs to practice before next year if he's going to be posting all these videos, he should at least know how to play. or even control replays!

despite how hard it is to watch these vids, i really like what i see. i'm pretty pumped for this years game. the features are a bit limited as far as updates/upgrades, but i feel like the gameplay is improved. not perfected, but improved. at least my 60 bucks worth.

# 38 countryboy @ 07/06/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Considering they showed highlights at the end of the second quarter video I would say that there is probably not a halftime show?
Was there a halftime show during exhibition games last year? I honestly do not remember.

# 39 Only1LT @ 07/06/10 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Was there a halftime show during exhibition games last year? I honestly do not remember.

There was. I have never played a single franchise game of 10 and I have seen the halftime show many times.

# 40 countryboy @ 07/06/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
There was. I have never played a single franchise game of 10 and I have seen the halftime show many times.
Thanks..I couldn't remember..only played maybe 2 or 3 exhibition games last year. All else were spent in franchise.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.