Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

The Madden fans spoke and we listened. Based on the voting that took place back in March, we're excited to bring you the Madden NFL 11 demo featuring the Indianapolis Colts vs. New York Jets.

On July 27th the demo will be available for download on both the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. Shortly after, on August 10th, Madden 11 will be released to store shelves... and as a bonus will include the popular Madden Ultimate Team mode.

The demo will feature many of this year's newest features, including the option to use GameFlow, an all-new playcalling system that automatically selects the best play for your team based on situational, authentic NFL game plans. You'll also have the ability to create a full game plan before the game begins, using the Jets or Colts playbook. To showcase the updated audio presentation in this year's game, the demo will also include commentary by Gus Johnson and Chris Collinsworth

Lastly, exclusively for Madden fans that play the demo, if you create and save a game plan in the demo, then you'll automatically unlock the "master strategist" achievement/trophy once you buy the retail copy for the first time. In addition, demo players will get access to a unique Madden Ultimate Team card (Jets Stadium, complete with a defensive boost).

Demo Details:

Teams: Indianapolis Colts vs. New York Jets

Stadium: Jets Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

Time/Weather: 1:00 p.m./clear

Skill Levels: Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden, Five-minute quarters

Source: EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Kibby @ 07/15/10 04:49 PM
Cool, looking forward to getting my hands on the game and seeing some of the improvements.

# 22 SuperKyle @ 07/15/10 06:05 PM
Could this be the first 2GB demo to hit Xbox Live? Commentary, gameplan, multiple difficulties, etc.?

# 23 blklightning @ 07/15/10 06:29 PM
sweet; five minute quarters. now we can actually see how the game will flow, instead of being rushed by 2 minute quarters.

# 24 blklightning @ 07/15/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKyle
Could this be the first 2GB demo to hit Xbox Live? Commentary, gameplan, multiple difficulties, etc.?
probably not. the ncaa demo was 1.8 GB, and it had all of that, minus the game plan option. however, it had 8 teams and four stadiums, whereas madden's demo only has two teams with one stadium.

i forgot that it also had different times of day, and one rain game, iirc.

# 25 K_GUN @ 07/15/10 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny77733
Isnt Madden going to play different than NCAA because NCAA has that natural motion or something like that in it where as Madden doesnt? Or do both games have it?

nope...same core technology....locomotion...just tuned differently

NCAA has progressive lighting..madden does not

# 26 Triggerfish @ 07/15/10 06:54 PM
NCAA has a much lower camera it seems(which i like!) does Madden have that? Thanks in advance

# 27 TalenT @ 07/16/10 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny77733
Wouldnt Madden 11 have to be the BEST Madden ever first? If it cant be the best in the franchise then how could it possibly be the best football game ever created?

My personal opinion is that it will still be the same as years past because without any actual competition, there's no reason whatsoever for EA/Tirubon to even care.

I will be buying it though not only to play and see how it is but mainly for roster info. so I can update 2K5. Tried updating 2K5 into 2K11 but with every team having 80 or so players on their roster, its a pain to do so. I'll just use Madden's rosters as a base but add every 2010 drafted rookie.
No doubt in my mind this will be the best, at least, in the series. Just the videos alone look better...and I haven't even played it.

# 28 Shawnj86 @ 07/16/10 02:56 PM
finally. cant wait to get it

# 29 countryboy @ 07/16/10 05:38 PM
hurry up July 27th.

# 30 Skyboxer @ 07/16/10 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
hurry up July 27th.
No doubt!!!

# 31 Papi34 @ 07/19/10 03:07 PM
Is there any word that the demo will get released in Europe this year? We never got either demo last year!

# 32 ps3veron @ 07/19/10 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi34
Is there any word that the demo will get released in Europe this year? We never got either demo last year!
I sure hope so, if there ever needed to be a demo, it should be for this year

# 33 MrSkagTrendy @ 07/19/10 05:06 PM
We got the demo in the UK last year..and I bought a code for the 5minute quarters demo off eBay for 2.99 as well

# 34 countryboy @ 07/19/10 05:16 PM
you guys can play the demo in Europe on the PS3 by creating an American account on your PS3.

# 35 MrSkagTrendy @ 07/19/10 05:32 PM
That works great for NCAA games but as Madden is sold in the UK we get the demo anyway

# 36 ps3veron @ 07/20/10 03:32 AM
You non-US folks think we'll get the demo on the same day as the US?

# 37 MrSkagTrendy @ 07/20/10 03:44 AM
Yes I do, it's been like that every year

# 38 ps3veron @ 07/20/10 03:50 AM
Cant wait and thanks!

# 39 CH4OS @ 07/20/10 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
You non-US folks think we'll get the demo on the same day as the US?
Based on your username I'm taking a guess that you are a PS3 owner.

If that is the case, even if the Madden demo comes to the European PSN Store it only updates on Wednesdays while the US PSN Store updates on Tuesdays. So if you want to get the demo as soon as possible, create a PSN US account.

# 40 ps3veron @ 07/20/10 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4OS
Based on your username I'm taking a guess that you are a PS3 owner.

If that is the case, even if the Madden demo comes to the European PSN Store it only updates on Wednesdays while the US PSN Store updates on Tuesdays. So if you want to get the demo as soon as possible, create a PSN US account.
Yes sir I am!

I think I'll do that, I'm a little old fashioned when it comes to these things and I do have a UK account. So having multiple accounts will not lead me to being probed by Big Bob in Guantanamo?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.