Home
NHL 11 News Post

EA Sports just posted another NHL 11 blog. This one has Redshirt talking about hustle.

Quote:
"The total effect of the changes makes the management of energy more important and more realistic without making any drastic changes to how the game plays. If you played NHL 10 a lot you’ll be able to grab the controller and play NHL 11 without any difficulty and begin learning how to make use of the new controls to take your game to the next level."

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Qb @ 08/10/10 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
IMO the biggest problem the series has had up till now is the lack of weight in the players, so that they look like floating on the ice rather than skating. Did you really notice an improvement in this area?
Like I said above, the build I played felt "heavier"... I know that's quite vague, but it was hard to pinpoint exactly why it felt as such. An independent source who played it at E3 agreed. Tuning can change a lot in a few months, so I have my fingers crossed that I'll get the same feeling from the retail version.

# 22 LuGer33 @ 08/10/10 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Like I said above, the build I played felt "heavier"... I know that's quite vague, but it was hard to pinpoint exactly why it felt as such. An independent source who played it at E3 agreed. Tuning can change a lot in a few months, so I have my fingers crossed that I'll get the same feeling from the retail version.
I'm also wondering whether they were able to implement any sort of visual (head down or something) indicator that your player was hustling since the build we played.

# 23 ericromain @ 08/10/10 12:46 PM
I like that players can coast easier to avoid fatigue. This was a key technological breakthrough for properly representing Kovalchuk or Ovechkin if NHL ever decides to implement FIFA's personality+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
I'm also wondering whether they were able to implement any sort of visual (head down or something) indicator that your player was hustling since the build we played.
That would be a really nice touch, and realistic.

# 24 Redshirt_EA @ 08/10/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesizdead
Excellent stuff

Can you tell if the amount of xp has changed then for online Bap as there´s more stats and all of them have an effect now?
The xp system has been reworked quite a bit. There is a lot more difference between the difference player types now and tougher choices to make in the trade-offs between putting things in one area or another. The result will be that there is more room for specialization. The attribute categories have been changed a bit (I think the split between stick checking and hitting has been mentioned elsewhere) and all of the make a difference. Some of them are still more important than others, but the xp costs reflect that.

# 25 Redshirt_EA @ 08/10/10 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I like what we heard regarding hustle and it clears up a few things I was unsure of even after using it at the event (we all seemed a bit confused by it). But I think this is my favorite tidbit:

I know I was more than a touch redundant in calling for more momentum in skating at the community event. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction and not only will players glide more, but also require more effort to move against their momentum.

Jason, was this in effect in the build I played? I thought skating felt a little "heavier", but I couldn't put my finger on why...
Yes, that was in the builds at Community Day. It is an interesting change because nobody really notices it, or at least cannot put their finger on the difference, until you point it out.

# 26 JimmyDeicide @ 08/10/10 09:11 PM
I have a hard time staying with the forwards in close to the net as they can just change direction at will, makes fine adjustments really tough and damn frustrating when they just go back and forth, dangle glide backwards just so they can wrist it top corner all the while i cant even get near them if any change in the skating helps this part of the game ill be happy.

# 27 ChitownFan526 @ 08/15/10 09:59 AM
I think having endurance as a useable attribute now will continue to help balance EASHL play because now players who want to pile up their points in speed, acceleration, and agility will tire faster. Combined with the physics-based hitting, I'm hopeful the EASHL gameplay will be even more balanced this year, because the current game still feels a little offense-favored, in my opinion.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.