Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports have just posted another NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, as they show off some of the tweaks to the objectives in The Jordan Challenge, now including assists.

Quote:
"The Arrival

When: April 20, 1986. Game 2, 1st round playoffs vs. Celtics

Goal 1: Score 63+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 50%+ from the field

Goal 3: Dish out 6+ assists

One-liner: Jordan made his mark with this 63 point playoff game against a heavily favored Celtics team.

69 Points

When: March 28, 1990. Regular season game vs. Cavs

Goal 1: Score 69+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 50%+ from the field

Goal 3: Dish out 6+ assists

Goal 4: Win the game

One-liner: This time Jordan gets the win by dropping 69 points and putting a dent in the Cavaliers’ playoff plans.

Shootout

When: Any date in 1990. Regular season game vs. Hawks

Goal 1: Outscore Dominique

Goal 2: Hold Dominique under 25 Points

Goal 3: Dish out 5+ assists

One-liner: Jordan and Dominique Wilkins face off in some of the all-time greatest scoring performances of the era.

Bad Boys

When: May 26, 1990. Game 3, Eastern Conference Finals vs. Pistons

Goal 1: Score 47+ points

Goal 2: Dish out 4+ assists

Goal 3: Win the game

One-liner: Jordan showed the Pistons and the world that no defensive strategy could stop him for long.

1991 NBA Finals

When: June 2 thru June 12, 1991 vs. Lakers

Goal 1: Average 31.0+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 55%+ from the field

Goal 3: Average 11+ assists

Goal 4: Win the series

One-liner: Jordan silenced the doubters by coming back from a game one embarrassment to thrash the Lakers in these Finals.

The Shrug

When: June 3, 1992. Game 1, NBA Finals vs. Blazers

Goal 1: Score 35+ points in the first half

Goal 2: Make 6+ threes in the first half

Goal 3: Hold Drexler to under 20 points

Goal 4: Win the Game

One-liner: Just to prove a point, Jordan sets the tone for the series by dominating the first half of this first Finals game.

Double Nickel

When: March 18, 1995. Regular season game vs. Knicks

Goal 1: Score 55+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 55%+ from the field

Goal 3: Dish out 2+ assists

One-liner: After a stint with the bat, Jordan returns to New York to tear up the Knicks for 55 points and an unforgettable pass.

Father’s Day Victory

When: June 16, 1996. Game 6, 1996 Finals (last game of series as Bulls won 4-2) vs. Sonics

Goal 1: Score 22+ points

Goal 2: Grab 9+ rebounds

Goal 3: Dish out 7+ assists

One-liner: Michael ran the table over the entire league but this fourth title would prove to be just as special as his first.

The Flu Game

When: June 11, 1997. Game 5, 1997 Finals (not the last game of the series as it went to 6) vs. Jazz

Goal 1: Score 38+ points

Goal 2: Grab 7+ rebounds

Goal 3: Dish out 5+ assists

One-liner: A very ill Jordan still manages to both dominate the game and hit the winning shot in the last seconds of the game.

Michael’s Last Dance

When: June 14, 1998. Game 6, 1998 Finals vs. Jazz

Goal 1: Score 45+ points

Goal 2: Get 4+ steals

Goal 3: Dish out 1+ assists

One-liner: With one final resounding shot, Jordan seals both his legacy and the fate of the Jazz’s championship hopes."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Goffs @ 08/12/10 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
I doubt their goal for this mode was to make things super tough since this mode is really just the prelude to Jordan career mode.Most likely they'll give him a big stat boost in his 3pt rating to account for his performance in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they had his 3pt rating at 90+ for the first half, or even the whole game.
i really hope not...i dont want to breeze through the Jordan Challenge, i want to work for it!!

# 22 Penny Hardaway @ 08/12/10 10:28 AM
I'd like to see them implement that '93 suns team. KJ,Barkley,Majerle,Dumas that finals was truly amazing (I tried using the word E-P-I-C but I kept getting censored).
You rarely see finishes like what occured in game 6 anymore. Alot of ISO often rather than ball movement to find the open man etc. Guess I'm dating myself but eh, whatever lol. I'm interested in knowing if that 1995 Magic team that ousted Chicago when Horace Grant signed with Orlando will be made available. Almost would like to see what 'could' have happened if Nick Anderson didn't swipe the ball from behind MJ. I'm pretty sure it's too late to add in there, wishful thinking I suppose.

# 23 laroche360 @ 08/12/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I never was a Jordan fan so this doesnt appeal to me. Actually I'm a little disappointed this warranted a entire "mode" but I'm sure there's more than enough people who loves this idea.
if u are not a Jordan fan, so what the hell are u doing here??get the helloutta here if u ain´t a fan, cuz u ain´t got any business here.............................

# 24 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/12/10 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I never was a Jordan fan so this doesnt appeal to me. Actually I'm a little disappointed this warranted a entire "mode" but I'm sure there's more than enough people who loves this idea.
Yep same here

# 25 kolanji @ 08/12/10 11:06 PM
well am up for the challenge and is willing to endulge myself for hours trying to complete em all

# 26 ffaacc03 @ 08/12/10 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You act like there are a limited number of insights and this took one away.
But they are indeed, J ... when announcing the returning of this year insights, Ron told us that they were aiming at 12 insights, 1 per week until 2k11 ... so if this is an insight (this week`s 1) then ... it would be 2 insights with close to none worthy info (the 1 previous the last was bad but pales compared to this latest) ...

Then again, we are receiving a hands on preview tomorow as well as a teaser and hopefully some pictures and videos to compensate.

# 27 youvalss @ 08/16/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
NEXT NBA 2K11 Developer Insight - "MJ: Creating a Legend" by Erick Boenisch, Tuesday, August 17th, 2010
So, tomorrow we'll have an Insight about the MJ Legend mode. After the IGN Hands On Preview, I thought we would have an Insight about something else, but myaybe there's more to it that we don't know yet.

I'm pretty sure that's the last Insight about Jordan.

# 28 aloncho11 @ 08/16/10 05:26 PM
Yes, the next one will probably be related to artwork/graphics from what I've read here in OS.

# 29 youvalss @ 08/16/10 06:52 PM
From Ronnie2K:

Quote:
Of course we did. An early read of that #NBA2K11 My Player Insight, it is going to blow your mind.
I know Ronnie tends to be emotional/excited with his posts, but I'm pretty sure 2K has taken My Player to the next level. Personally, I've never played this mode, but for you guys who can't live without it, it should probably be big.

# 30 ffaacc03 @ 08/16/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
From Ronnie2K:

I know Ronnie tends to be emotional/excited with his posts, but I'm pretty sure 2K has taken My Player to the next level. Personally, I've never played this mode, but for you guys who can't live without it, it should probably be big.
hope they post another insight this week ... apart from what has been announced.

# 31 neptuneniq @ 08/16/10 07:51 PM
dont know if this has been asked but

u think 2k will add in the old playoffs/finals logos on the courts?

# 32 youvalss @ 08/16/10 07:52 PM
No one knows, but since they're trying to go deep, I don't see a reason why not.

# 33 aloncho11 @ 08/16/10 10:35 PM
^ Most probably they will be included...or I'm nor buying this game LOL.

# 34 youvalss @ 08/16/10 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
^ Most probably they will be included...or I'm nor buying this game LOL.
If you're not buying it, I'm not buying it!!!!

# 35 Phreezy P @ 08/16/10 11:35 PM
The next insight is tomorow, and it's about jordan, again. Big whoop.

# 36 aloncho11 @ 08/16/10 11:42 PM
....:WHOOP:...

# 37 youvalss @ 08/17/10 12:08 AM
I'm pretty sure we'll get some updated screenshots of MJ.

# 38 aloncho11 @ 08/17/10 01:02 AM
Awesome, but would also like to see the "faceless" players of the trailer like Woolridge, Schrempf, Drexler...Pip and Oakley would be nice too.

# 39 abcabc @ 08/17/10 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
I doubt their goal for this mode was to make things super tough since this mode is really just the prelude to Jordan career mode.Most likely they'll give him a big stat boost in his 3pt rating to account for his performance in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they had his 3pt rating at 90+ for the first half, or even the whole game.
wasnt that the season that david stern shortened the 3point arc?

# 40 VDusen04 @ 08/17/10 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
wasnt that the season that david stern shortened the 3point arc?
Nope, that was '95 through '97 if I recall correctly (as in 94-95, 95-96, and 96-97). I think it was moved back to normal for the 1997-98 season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.