Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

• Part 1: How Brett Favre's return impacted the Vikings team ratings | Fans reactions to Game Flow technology
  • Part 2: Hard core gamers reactions to Game Flow | NFL players reactions to player ratings
  • Part 3: NFL players involvement in game design | Why Gus Johnson was chosen to be voice of Madden NFL 11 | Could NCAA Football 11 team beat a middle of the road Madden NFL 11 team | How working on Madden NFL 11 changes the way designers watch NFL games
  • Part 4: Why the NFL considers the EA Sports Madden design team to be the 33rd NFL franchise | What's in-store for Madden NFL 12

Source - ESPN - Let if Flo

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 acreyman @ 08/27/10 03:50 PM
Well I am going to give them props for the heads-up they gave before the game came out about waiting to fix franchise mode. They really took a risk by flat out telling us that. People like myself know what we want, and I know that I am not buying Madden this year. I bought NCAA 11, but skipped it last year because 10 didnt seem like that big a jump over 09. I think the general public has caught on to this because look at the numbers so far.....NCAA 11 sales are WAY up, Madden sales so far are down. Why? Because people are not falling for the hype every year like they used to. They are going to have to wise up and put out a quality product and they will.....I guarantee this, if this turns out to be the worst sales year ever for Madden, next year will be an AMAZING game because EA will allocate more resources and staff to get sales back to an acceptable rate.

I think EA does not want to fix everything at once because...then what? Besides rosters and rule changes what else is there to change every year?

Also there are alot of hypocrites out there that were crying that EA would never fix the gameplay and they focused more on dumb things like graphics and presentation. To me it seems EA did just that this year, focus on gameplay, and people are still crying. But I do think the "gameplay" people out there are somewhat satisfied because of the new Locomotion engine. The new Locomotion engine is insane! NCAA 11 is using it so I can have an opinion because its the same engine in Madden. The game plays much better now. But it wasnt a big enough change for me since I mostly play offline and franchise is just old old old and needs to be changed for me to get any kind of enjoyment out of it.

# 102 Phil_Frazier @ 08/27/10 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Guys , constructive criticism is fine. I think a little secret is that EA WANTS the game to sell well, and listens to feedback. If you're addressing Phil (or any dev) directly, don't be personal, and don't say things that can be construed as personal attacks.

ONLY WARNING
It's not getting too bad Ryan. It's good to have an honest dialogue. In the end some of the posters will have to agree to disagree with me on some topics. I have no belief that myself, Ian, or any one person at EA can convince the sharpest of critics on Operation Sports. All I can do is provide what I feel is the truth to certain misconceptions out there. Whether or not a person believes the information I provide is completely on them.

Phil

# 103 ZoneKIller @ 08/27/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
It's not getting too bad Ryan. It's good to have an honest dialogue. In the end some of the posters will have to agree to disagree with me on some topics. I have no belief that myself, Ian, or any one person at EA can convince the sharpest of critics on Operation Sports. All I can do is provide what I feel is the truth to certain misconceptions out there. Whether or not a person believes the information I provide is completely on them.

Phil

Tough skin Phil.

This may be off the topic,but I think almost every post is off topic in this thread....

Is there any way you can lose your team in the FRanchise mode for 11?
If not,why did you all decide not to add this when every sports game has this feature?Have you ever played a full 30 seasons with one team?

Thanks in advance

Oh any chance Teambuilder will make it to Madden? Maybe give me a clue?

Thanks for sticking it out on here for the normal crowd Phil.Good to see you back.

# 104 MattIntellect @ 08/27/10 04:38 PM
Phil,

I know that a lot of features weren't able to make it in this year, but hopefully next year more features and improvements make their way over into Madden 12. IMO, GamePlanning is a great feature for Madden 11 and the franchise as a whole. I spend a ton of hours using it everyday, but imagine, GamePlanning and Create-a-play together for Madden 11. The hours that I spend with the GamePlanning feature will triple with Create-a-play. Do you know if this feature will be on the priority list next year? I really think it will expand the strategy aspect even more than GamePlanning already did with Madden 11.

# 105 Phil_Frazier @ 08/27/10 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Phil,

I know that a lot of features weren't able to make it in this year, but hopefully next year more features and improvements make their way over into Madden 12. IMO, GamePlanning is a great feature for Madden 11 and the franchise as a whole. I spend a ton of hours using it everyday, but imagine, GamePlanning and Create-a-play together for Madden 11. The hours that I spend with the GamePlanning feature will triple with Create-a-play. Do you know if this feature will be on the priority list next year? I really think it will expand the strategy aspect even more than GamePlanning already did with Madden 11.
Glad you are enjoying GamePlanning Matt. Unfortunately, it's WAY too early to start talking features for 12. The fact that we've mentioned career as a priority was a bit of a stretch for us.

Phil

# 106 MattIntellect @ 08/27/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Glad you are enjoying GamePlanning Matt. Unfortunately, it's WAY too early to start talking features for 12. The fact that we've mentioned career as a priority was a bit of a stretch for us.

Phil
That's good enough, but I hope it's at least a thought going into the developing process for Madden 12.

# 107 rooney8 @ 08/27/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
But we as a community state to the developers FACTS that certain features are still missing after 5 YEARS!!! We mention FACTS such as why there isn't DB shade inside or outside when there was on PS2 version. We mention FACTS such as how Halftime show wasn't improved even though we were told it was going to be for Madden 11.FACTS such as how we still have poor player interaction and gang tackles. We mention facts every year and nothing is done!!!

I know plenty of people feel the same way as me.
Yeah I feel the same. I am pissed at the nose dive Madden took on next-gen but there are plenty of threads for that and dev interaction brings alot to this community so venting about how Madden went bad on next-gen doesn't change that it did. I bet Phil knows everything you said anyway, probably read it in another hundred posts. Just saying we have been here before so maybe we should learn from mistakes.

# 108 boooey @ 08/27/10 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Phil,

this is what I am tired of hearing already (see big RED text above)..

# 109 roadman @ 08/27/10 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Yeah I feel the same. I am pissed at the nose dive Madden took on next-gen but there are plenty of threads for that and dev interaction brings alot to this community so venting about how Madden went bad on next-gen doesn't change that it did. I bet Phil knows everything you said anyway, probably read it in another hundred posts. Just saying we have been here before so maybe we should learn from mistakes.
I agree.

I'd like to see the interaction continue.

# 110 roadman @ 08/27/10 08:36 PM
No need to sugar coat anything.

That vid was from Madden 10.

Does he have any from Madden 11 that captures the same as the linked video? He even has sliders in this very forum for Madden 11.

# 111 roadman @ 08/27/10 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782
yes..before I linked the vid, I noted that it was from 2010 in the caption where it shows the original date of the posted vid...I honestly figured that since the same exact problem is rampant in 2011, and most people dont see any real changes made between last year's iteration and this year's iteration anyway, that it would be a sufficient illustration of what I was talking about. From my own experience using the Texans, that is precisely what happens in Madden 2011..

However, if EA would rather sugarcoat yet another dysfunctional aspect of the game and sweep it under the rug because the video is "last year's footage"(although it is in THIS YEAR'S gameplay), then they can feel free to do so...I had a feeling that would be the excuse.
Not every play is perfect in the NFL. OL miss blocking assignments all the time, especially when blitzes are coming.

I'm not seeing the OL stand around and spin in circles in Madden 11 like I did in the past, including Madden 10.

Aren't you contradicting yourself, though? You did agree with me that Madden had better blocking this year, now, it seems like you are retracting that statement.

It's very apparent you don't like the game. My suggestion is either wait around for the patches or trade it in for credit.

By the way, it's ok to complain about the game here, you just need to make sure you do it in a constructive manner.

# 112 PhillyJim76 @ 08/27/10 08:55 PM
No video game is perfect, I think they did a good job with this game. I would like a more robust franchise mode, but the game play itself is fine. People get too crazy with their videos and flaws. Why even play the game? I'd love for a more intelligent game though. If I run the same play, the cpu should pick up on it (doesn't happen now) and the announcers should talk more about what is going on in the game (doesn't happen now either).

# 113 roadman @ 08/27/10 09:01 PM
Quote:
No, I said that Madden has better blocking on ALL PRO...and that on ALL MADDEN the blocking is pathetic...go back and read what I wrote if you'd like.

And professional O-linemen DONT miss blocks all the time...That is simply not true. ESPECIALLY not in the running game...do you know how pissed running back coaches get if linemen allow the running back to get hammered in the backfield due to a blown assignment?..those Olinemen wouldnt even still have a job...just watch on tv, and see how many blown assignments cause a running back to get annihilated in the backfield. (not improper blitz pickups, but how many simple big on big blocking assignments are blown in the NFL running game....you'll see there are hardly any)

My suggestion to EA is to make a decent professional football game or relinquish the license to someone who can.
That's fine.

I don't see why you are complaining about ALL-Madden when the CPU is rigged to win most of the time with no slider adjustments. ALL-Madden is an unrealistic mode to play in and that's the way it's been for a long time.

Of course I was exaggerating using the phrase "all the time." There are also run blitzes in the NFL.

I'm just saying that there are OL that miss blocking assignments during games. I hear McCarthy talking about it after games.

# 114 roadman @ 08/27/10 09:26 PM
Then my only suggestion is to adjust the sliders and look at the sliders section. Versus has sliders in here.

Or like I said earlier, adjust the sliders on All-Madden to where your comfort level is.

Sliders out of the box are offensive orientated(need to wait for the patch) and All-Madden without sliders adjustment is tilting the favorable results toward the CPU.

# 115 roadman @ 08/27/10 11:56 PM
I tried to give suggestions, but it's clear you don't want to go that route.

Good luck.

# 116 raguel @ 08/28/10 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm just saying that there are OL that miss blocking assignments during games. I hear McCarthy talking about it after games.

I agree with this, but from what I can tell the problems that were in Madden 10 (pulling lineman and FB turning and running to block someone that's already out of the play) still happens in this game. On screen plays, the OL are not aggressively engaging the defenders. On one play the other day, both guards pulled, but in opposite directions. Good thing I was 10 ft away from my tv screen. .

Im off this weekend so I might try to make some youtube vids.

Btw if Phil is still reading this thread: I want you to know that I really do like Madden 11, and I'm glad I got it. But the main reason I bought this game was that Ian specifically said the fb/pulling linemen issue was fixed. I hate to go Christian Bale on you guys (you're a really nice guy ) but the bottom line is: it's not fixed, and I'm extremely disappointed.

# 117 G-Men_in_Mass @ 08/28/10 01:45 AM
Quote:
No I dont want to go that route and I shouldnt have to. I appreciate your efforts but I didnt come here to get suggestions...They have a gamers manual for that. I came here to express my concerns with the gameplay. Ive played with sliders for the last 3 Madden installments that Ive bought.....they ameliorate SOME of the problems, but they are hardly a panacea for the games many problems. At some point I expect a game developer to actually listen to what players are saying and address the problems with solutions that dont involve basically telling the user to reprogram/reformulate the game himself.

Sliders, imo are simply putting a bandaid on the shotgun wound. They arent as effective as they should be, and they shouldnt truly be necessary. Clearly they work well for you, and thats excellent. But for me, they arent ideal after Ive already bought what has been marketed as a ready to play, complete professional football game. Ive done my share of holding my tongue, beating around the bush about how I feel about the game and holding out faith/waiting for next year's installment to address the myriad of issues. If what I say about this game is offensive, too bad...no one can say that I, of all people, havent been loyal to the brand, and no one can say that I havent improvised when gameplay was less than optimal. But at this point, I have the right to expect the same respect and effort in return from EA.

Good luck to you as well though.
Try enjoying the game and stop looking for things wrong and you might find out that its a really good game...

# 118 dirtguru @ 08/28/10 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewie12
As for franchise mode...I don't think gamers want a real franchise mode.

For instance players ratings fluctuate year to year in Madden a great deal more than they do in any franchise mode ever created. How do people suggest this is handled? Are you okay with ratings jumping up and down by as much as 5 to 10 overall points?

Can gamers really contend with the intricacies of the NFL salary cap?

I understand EA's reasons for having a watered down franchise mode. Only a select few are using it.

I suggest EA starts to push for an ala carte approach to their games. Spend resources on more add on-external niches like Teambuilder. I would love to see a complete roster editor and most important a complete playbook editor. Charge $5 to $10 extra for these and have them be continuous products that evolve year to year outside of the "main" build of the game. Franchise mode could be one of these extras.

May cost the gamer more but I would pay a premium for these extra things I want.
I am a 46 year old hardcore offline franchise sim player. Managing intricacies of NFL salary caps would not be a problem, R.F.A and U.F.A. and year to year ratings fluctuations would be great.
Yes,I would love to see more realistic A.I. interaction, more challenging/realistic gameplay without having to adjust sliders which may be asking too much at this time, short off a complete rebuild of Madden.
That being said, I agree with Dewie 12, I would gladly pay an additional $60 bucks for an add on like H.C. 09 to integrate into Madden 10 or 11.

# 119 MattIntellect @ 08/28/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
this is what I am tired of hearing already (see big RED text above)..
Yeah, but this year we have GamePlanning. I guess you just can't have both in one year. It really doesn't matter that much to me as of now, because Madden 11 is a pretty solid game this year. I haven't encountered all of my usual problems with the game, but of course, I'm not looking for them either.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.