Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

User vs. AI Video:

Our second NBA ELITE 11 gameplay video features more 5 on 5 action with NBA ELITE Gameplay Producer Novell Thomas taking on a CPU controlled Oklahoma City Thunder. The game is played on a pre-final build on All Star difficulty. Check out REAL AI in action as Kevin Durant attacks the basket with sequences that he recorded himself. You will be seeing more of these videos leading up to the demo.

In NBA ELITE 11 you're in control.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 blingballa333 @ 09/02/10 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt_711
ok so lets say you play the demo and you love the controls and you love the fact that you can play defense liek never before...you mean to tell me youd rather play 2k with the better graphics and excellent animations and get shot after shot forced in the paint becuase 2k's hugest flaw is interior defense?
If you watch the video you can see that the interior defense in Elite seems to be lacking also. So let's not jump to any conclusions.

# 142 2kfanatic @ 09/02/10 10:24 PM
Quote:
ok so lets say you play the demo and you love the controls and you love the fact that you can play defense liek never before...you mean to tell me youd rather play 2k with the better graphics and excellent animations and get shot after shot forced in the paint becuase 2k's hugest flaw is interior defense?
Your comparing elite to 2k10, we dont know yet if 2k11 is like that until we have tried it ourselves.

Any way I have a question for reAnimator, can the hop step be tweaked before the launch? Prince's move was good but it ended up him being way too far from where he took off.

# 143 HoosierDaddy @ 09/02/10 10:24 PM
With all due respect guys, some of you need to show some respect to the devs. I'm only making these videos to serve as evidence and use them for educational purposes. I appreciate the feedback, but a lot of these comments directed to the developers is unwarranted. I, personally, appreciate the time they spend on these forums. They don't have to do any of this, a lot of you need to step away from the computer and let your emotions subside before you make some of the comments you have. Just my opinion.

# 144 yungflo @ 09/02/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
With all due respect guys, some of you need to show some respect to the devs. I'm only making these videos to serve as evidence and use them for educational purposes. I appreciate the feedback, but a lot of these comments directed to the developers is unwarranted. I, personally, appreciate the time they spend on these forums. They don't have to do any of this, a lot of you need to step away from the computer and let your emotions subside before you make some of the comments you have. Just my opinion.
I agree, I don't think they are all to blame here.

# 145 yungflo @ 09/02/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
Okay.. Be completly honest with me..... Do you truley believe NBA Elite 11 is better than NBA live 10.... other than control.....please elaborate...
stop trolling man.

# 146 VDusen04 @ 09/02/10 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Thanks for that post. You just beat me to it. Through it all, I am appreciative of the developers honesty and attentiveness in this process. They have seemed more than willing not just to trumpet all that is good with this years' game, but also address early consumer complaints. Sharing their time here is their choice, not a requirement, so I mean, it'd be cool if they could get some respect.

# 147 pdawg17 @ 09/02/10 10:33 PM
Quote:
Wait what? Since when is asking a developer for his honest opinion trolling?
Maybe his use of "trolling" is not entirely accurate...how about "stop badgering" or "stop trying to get him to make negative comments about his own game"...is that better?

# 148 yungflo @ 09/02/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
Wait what? Since when is asking a developer for his honest opinion trolling?
you're free to do what you want, this is the internetz. I'm just not seeing how this is pertaining to the thread. Sounds more of a grilling for answers and scrutinizing his answers rather than focusing on the issues. but hey, DO WHAT YOU DO MAN. I'm not gonna hate, and if it gets positive results, then yay!

I'm just giving my opinion.

# 149 rEAnimator @ 09/02/10 10:35 PM
Quote:
Okay.. Be completly honest with me..... Do you truley believe NBA Elite 11 is better than NBA live 10.... other than control.....please elaborate...
Absolutely!

There's no question about it.

Getting rid of the two player animations is huge and probably the biggest improvement for me personally. It affects almost every feature in the game.

Skill based shooting makes the game a lot more rewarding for me.

On the defensive side, I love the way the physics makes me feel like I can stop the dribbler from penetrating. Along with the improved responsiveness on defense I feel like I'm on equal footing to the dribbler.

In Live last year, it felt almost like a turn based game to me. There was very little I felt I could do on defense. Now I always feel I have a chance to make a stop.

This is all just my opinion though...

Oh, and I'm looking forward to trying out the EASBA once the game goes live and people get good at the game.

Should be a lot of fun.

# 150 pdawg17 @ 09/02/10 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Thanks for that post. You just beat me to it. Through it all, I am appreciative of the developers honesty and attentiveness in this process. They have seemed more than willing not just to trumpet all that is good with this years' game, but also address early consumer complaints. Sharing their time here is their choice, not a requirement, so I mean, it'd be cool if they could get some respect.
For the people here that have not ventured to this forum in the past, the devs here have always been around and have constantly asked for feedback and have spent many hours of their time here...you will not get that at many other game/company forums...

# 151 yungflo @ 09/02/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Maybe his use of "trolling" is not entirely accurate...how about "stop badgering" or "stop trying to get him to make negative comments about his own game"...is that better?
I was looking for the right words. Yes, there is flaws, but I don't see the positivity in his questions. I'm not a mod, he's free to do what he wants.

# 152 noshun @ 09/02/10 10:42 PM
After viewing this vid again, I think the sound of it is great... I didnt view it I just listened to it, and it sounds like NBA basketball. The one thing that really needs a lot of work though is the commentating. Breen, JVG, Jackosn sound okay, but the inflection and tone of how they save things is off.
I listened to them twice, one just sound, and again viewing the vid. Breen and JVG sound like they had a cold, or are speaking like they are trying to disquise their voice. At times their tone doesnt refleect the action on screen, which makes watching it visually, unappealing.

# 153 eko718 @ 09/02/10 10:45 PM
Dribbling looks fluid but nothing else does. I actually thought last years was on the right track. Too much uprooting and starting from scratch on EA's end.

# 154 rEAnimator @ 09/02/10 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
you're free to do what you want, this is the internetz. I'm just not seeing how this is pertaining to the thread. Sounds more of a grilling for answers and scrutinizing his answers rather than focusing on the issues. but hey, DO WHAT YOU DO MAN. I'm not gonna hate, and if it gets positive results, then yay!

I'm just giving my opinion.
I always feel like I derail any thread I comment on simply because I'm a dev. All of a sudden a bunch of random questions come from all over the place.

I don't mind it, but I hope I'm not ruining things at all by responding to what I do.

I think I know how cops feel when they drive around. Everyone all of a sudden changes their speed and no one will pass them

Must get frustrating.

# 155 Boilerbuzz @ 09/02/10 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
For what I understand a perfect release does NOT equal a make 100% of the time...do you really think that if you make Shaq do a perfect release from half court it will go in 100% of the time?
That's the way it's been described.

# 156 Boilerbuzz @ 09/02/10 10:59 PM
Quote:
Leave 2K out of this. If you want an INFORMED opinion of what flaws remain in 2K, ask the people that have actually played it ON THE 2K FORUM!

# 157 rEAnimator @ 09/02/10 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok023
will there be any new info in the next couple of days
I'm still out of the office so I'm a little out of the loop.

I'll know more when I get back on Tuesday.

# 158 Ermolli @ 09/02/10 11:01 PM
rEAnimator, knowing this a prefinal gameplay video, what things has changed from the video to the retail version of the game?

# 159 btrapp @ 09/02/10 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I'm not saying it's okay because its not, the game does look extremely bad in certain spots no question on about it.

But the thing I'm asking is if you can beat a guy (or the AI) and you know that you won't have to deal with an animation or exploits determining the outcome will this stuff be okay?

If you are okay with it the dev team made a good decision. If not the dev team may have been wrong in assuming players want total control.

Maybe they just want a game that looks great more then anything else. And I'm not saying it cant look great and play great at the same time. What I'm saying is maybe users don't care for total control as much as they say they do.

So basically if this style of game isn't going to be fun to you AT ALL then the risk the devs took this year was a failure for you. And if that's the case all the devs can do is hope that a certain percentage of basketball fans like the idea of total control and can have fun with it.

This way they can establish some type of fanbase and then hopefully build it up as the game gets more on par with its competition.

I think that most bball fans could care less about total control. what people want control that is responsive, deep, and realistic. It doesn't have to be "total control." It just has to be good control. Evidence of this is in how many people enjoyed live 10's control. It wasn't "total control, but people absolutely loved it. It also wouldn't hurt if the game somewhat resembled the nba.

# 160 rEAnimator @ 09/02/10 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
rEAnimator, knowing this a prefinal gameplay video, what things has changed from the video to the retail version of the game?
No a lot I don't think.

stepsix said he was watching the video while it was being recorded last week so I don't expect anything drastic to change.

blackflash did post that the rocket dunks were being fixed. I know that would be an easy fix, but I don't know if he meant it had already been fixed since the 23 LA videos, or if it was being fixed this week.

So that would be one thing, but generally the kinds of bugs that are fixed this late are more showstopper crashes.

And since you're probably going to ask next, I don't believe what would go into a patch has been planned yet, although like I said I am out of the loop being on vacation so planning may have started.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.