Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Check out what Ronnie Singh, Community Manager at 2K Sports has to say about NBA 2K11, including a demo announcement coming tomorrow, as well as Playstation Move and gameplay details.

Quote:
"For regular gameplay, we started with the single most important aspect in basketball: shooting. Our goal was for fast, responsive shooting, with no lag. All of the different types of jumps are in there: drifters, leaners, and fade-aways. Based on how your player is moving, simply flick the PlayStation Move motion controller up and you’ll spot up and shoot the appropriate jump shot. Similar controls are done for dunks and layups. Running towards the basket while holding the T button results in a dunk, as opposed to a layup if the T button isn’t pulled. Unlike the analog-stick-based controllers, you get flashy or power moves based on what is happening. Kobe running free on a breakaway? Pull up on the Move controller and witness an amazing flashy dunk. Garnett in the paint? Flick the PlayStation Move motion controller up and unleash a crushing dunk.

Well, I have probably gone on way past my time! I want to thank the people at PlayStation for giving me this time to tell you about NBA 2K11. Let me remind you to follow us on Facebook to see what’s the most new and exclusive info on the NBA 2K Franchise. As an added treat for you Sony fans, I would like to announce that the demo release date will be announced on the FB page tomorrow!"

@Ronnie2K

Quote:
"...Custom Soundtracks in PS3..."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 49UNCFan @ 09/08/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
I doubt it. That was the old 2k way of doing things. This is a new 2k, as evidenced by their nearly, flawless marketing campaign of 2k11. I'm betting on the 17th. After FiFA but before Elite(I still keep thinking its called Live...lol).
Move comes out on the 17 also

# 22 beau21 @ 09/08/10 02:58 PM
Reply #54

Quote:
Custom Soundtracks are in on PS3 btw per the Dev Team. AWESOME!

# 23 Carrington618 @ 09/08/10 02:59 PM
somebody please give CB34 an all you can eat (for a year) pass so he can sign to 2k so we can play with that suns team

# 24 joel0078 @ 09/08/10 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Was it confirmed that the old Bulls teams are playable in Franchise mode? It says quick game again in this article!
Yes, The way I understand it is that any of the "classic teams" are playable in association mode.

# 25 Rocboyz101 @ 09/08/10 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Made my day..

# 26 bbolo84 @ 09/08/10 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
You can, but they have to replace a real team.
Guys, don't want to sound pessimistic, but Ronnie replied to my question of if Classic teams can be used in Association with this:

"The Association Insight will address this, I promise. Don’t want to take away from those as Dev gives major feedback as to why they did what they did."

I may be acting too paranoid, but that isn't as clear an answer as I would have expected. Could mean nothing, too. Oh well, what do you guys think?

# 27 joel0078 @ 09/08/10 03:04 PM
I have an announcement: The demo will be released...............
Sometime within the next 3 weeks!!! There, now you guys can stop salivating at the mouth like a bunch of fat kids staring into a candy store.

# 28 blingballa333 @ 09/08/10 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
I have an announcement: The demo will be released...............
Sometime within the next 3 weeks!!! There, now you guys can stop salivating at the mouth like a bunch of fat kids staring into a candy store.
Not nice.

# 29 maine0618 @ 09/08/10 03:08 PM
the hype surrounding 2k11 this year is insane!! feels like nfl 2k5 all over again

# 30 joel0078 @ 09/08/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Not nice.
oh come on!!! I was just having some fun!! It's not gonna drop tomorrow, so let's count that out. So that leaves 3 thursdays (2k has always released demos on thursdays). So naturally it will be sometimes within the next 3 weeks.

# 31 blingballa333 @ 09/08/10 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
oh come on!!! I was just having some fun!! It's not gonna drop tomorrow, so let's count that out. So that leaves 3 thursdays (2k has always released demos on thursdays). So naturally it will be sometimes within the next 3 weeks.
I know I was just joking around also.

# 32 jeebs9 @ 09/08/10 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
YES!!!!!!!

# 33 madjax @ 09/08/10 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
YES!!!!!!!
Lets just hope they implement it well

# 34 green94 @ 09/08/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolo84
Guys, don't want to sound pessimistic, but Ronnie replied to my question of if Classic teams can be used in Association with this:

"The Association Insight will address this, I promise. Don’t want to take away from those as Dev gives major feedback as to why they did what they did."

I may be acting too paranoid, but that isn't as clear an answer as I would have expected. Could mean nothing, too. Oh well, what do you guys think?
Ugh... Thanks for the response. It's becoming clear that bringing classic teams in to Association probably isn't going to happen. That really sucks.

# 35 myownsun @ 09/08/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
YES!!!!!!!
Yes indeed!

# 36 green94 @ 09/08/10 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
You can, but they have to replace a real team.
Link?????????

# 37 myownsun @ 09/08/10 03:21 PM
Quote:

Honestly, if Vc just adds a lot of new features to Assc mode I'd be happy and would preorder with no delay.

# 38 joel0078 @ 09/08/10 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Ugh... Thanks for the response. It's becoming clear that bringing classic teams in to Association probably isn't going to happen. That really sucks.
It was said about a month ago when they announced the classic team list that you WOULD be able to bring at least one of the classic bulls teams into an association. I don't have the link for you, search the site here. Maybe that's changed since the original announcement. I also thought I read somewhere that not only the Bulls teams could be brought in, but any of the classic teams, although I may be wrong.

# 39 jrose57 @ 09/08/10 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
i bet demo will be out on friday lol. the 10th seems like the perfect day for 2k to me
Thats WAY too early even though I hope you are right LOL

# 40 ffaacc03 @ 09/08/10 03:23 PM
Quote:

Well, the comment indeed sounds extremly pessimistic as far as confirming our wishes and its a takeback of the initial "official" statement that they were available to use on franchise (check first insight were they talk about them).

If they were available, he would have said either a simple yes or a "I dont want to take away from the Association Insight" or "It will be addressed at the Association Insight".

To specifically say "why they did what they did" sadly confirms it: we wont be able to play with them on association and that is the only reason for them to give an explaining of why they "took them out of that feature". If they were in, it wouldnt need to be explained as it was already mentioned and was/is a request from most 2k buyers.

I feared that to have them will cause as many multiple bugs as there arise when you currently put players of past decades into the 2k10 rosters. They understandably (yet unexcusable) scare devs away, as they are/were so, so many and different in nature. Also the amount of the players contracts would cause some incongruency in respect of current contracts and capspace.

Its a sad day indeed (with this news and the eternal waiting for czar video and the association insight), hopefully it would be mitigated by an early release of the demo and a huge upgrade over the CAP & CAT features and the association and online modes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.