NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/10 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
whatever way you want to spin it. that shuffle KILLS momentum. Its absolutely unnecessary and has been unavoidable since 2K1.

It might be the ported movement engine but for next gen I want to see us be able to control how many steps we put into a shot. If Im rolling left Im taking 3 steps not 1...2.. shuffle
There is no "ported" movement engine. They said they rewrote the movement. That's the jumper animation itself. I'll be damned if I'm asked to control how many steps I take just to take a shot. Count me out of that one.

# 122 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/10 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekferio
the dumb defense is still happening with 2k11 which is pretty disappointing. Time after time in this video as well as others I've seen where an offensive player cuts to the paint with no one around for an easy basket. I don't understand their logic here. Like every year they keep adding new stuff but not fixing existing issues. I'm really hoping that these issues will be addressed in the final build because the poor defense was a major issue for me in 2k10 and as I can see they are still there this time.
What exactly is "dumb defense"? I'm lost. Please explain. Is the defender dumb because he got screened? Yeah, that's really dumb...

And please reply within 2 months, I can't wait that long.

# 123 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/10 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
why do people keep saying 2k10was bad, it wasnt bad, mabye it wasnt great, but it was solid
THANK YOU! Keep seeing comments that made you think the game was as bad as Lameday. Far from it.

# 124 23 @ 09/11/10 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
enough with the laker hate!!! lol.
lol

Hey man, remember Smush Parker used to call him Kobay?

Honestly though, i cant wait to play against them because this offense is just sick.. el sicko... la sicka... LOL and heck no I have no idea how to say sick in spanish but you got the point

# 125 youngfaze01 @ 09/11/10 01:32 AM
The video is great I just hope in 2k11 it isn't so easy to score in the post. In 2k10, you can literally stand under the basket and press "square or X", and it goes in. It's ridiculous. No matter how strong the defense is inside. I hope the defense has improved greatly.

# 126 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/11/10 01:49 AM
I wonder if i will be the only one going through a little "mini training camp" in practice mode, when i get my hands on this game.

Honestly from my history of playing basketball games, i have ran plays about 0% of the time. But man, does this have me actually wanting to LEARN the plays this year, and not just count the pick and roll, and an occasional pass in the post, as "running an offense".

# 127 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/10 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfaze01
The video is great I just hope in 2k11 it isn't so easy to score in the post. In 2k10, you can literally stand under the basket and press "square or X", and it goes in. It's ridiculous. No matter how strong the defense is inside. I hope the defense has improved greatly.
Last I checked, when a player gets the ball inside, it's damned hard to stop them from scoring. Can you imagine the crying you just started missing bunnies arbitrarily?

# 128 Dachozen1 @ 09/11/10 01:55 AM
2k's going all out on this one... like they did for NFL2k5...

hmmm

# 129 TheKasmar @ 09/11/10 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Last I checked, when a player gets the ball inside, it's damned hard to stop them from scoring. Can you imagine the crying you just started missing bunnies arbitrarily?
You are so right. It's damned hard!!! I'm so glad I didn't miss this bunny because I definitely would've cried.

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=2503326

I noticed that the when Kobe got double teamed it looked alot different from 2k10. Much less canned.

# 130 Toaster @ 09/11/10 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
But that's how it is IRL, the combination of the massive contact and pressure + shady big man coordination (for most nba centers and many PF's) leads to many missed "bunnies" under the basket. just part of the game really.

Czar, Wicked video as usual. Much respect.

# 131 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/11/10 02:24 AM
I'm sure 2K made a ton of great improvements, and it will be a solid game like it is mostly every year... but how long does Andrew Bogut need to wear his hair long before 2K fixes this? The Bucks have not been visually updated at all it seems, and most of them looked terrible.

Anyway, great looks at some different teams thus far, Czar. I expect the Suns or Warriors are coming up for the outright fast-paced teams, but their plays will be less comprehensive in the half-court, or at least they should.

# 132 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/11/10 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
I'm sure 2K made a ton of great improvements, and it will be a solid game like it is mostly every year... but how long does Andrew Bogut need to wear his hair long before 2K fixes this? The Bucks have not been visually updated at all it seems, and most of them looked terrible.

Anyway, great looks at some different teams thus far, Czar. I expect the Suns or Warriors are coming up for the outright fast-paced teams, but their plays will be less comprehensive in the half-court, or at least they should.
I would love to see these two teams please..

# 133 mlp111 @ 09/11/10 02:45 AM
video was excellent, it still seems that paul gasol arms are still too short, i though that 2k fixed that, hope so, but anyways the cpu play with kobe was toooo sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 134 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/11/10 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
But that's how it is IRL, the combination of the massive contact and pressure + shady big man coordination (for most nba centers and many PF's) leads to many missed "bunnies" under the basket. just part of the game really.

Czar, Wicked video as usual. Much respect.
hasnt 2k been criticized in the past for having players miss assumed "easy" layups?

# 135 Toaster @ 09/11/10 03:25 AM
There is a fundemental difference between blowing an open layup on a fastbreak and missing under a crowded basket.

These are two very different situations. the former should have a 99% success rate while the later ought to be quite difficult to nail.

# 136 Dachozen1 @ 09/11/10 03:35 AM
2k's so far ahead right now it makes no sense.

# 137 greekmen @ 09/11/10 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Did I...did I just see KG clapping as Odom starts to dribble the rock?!

*faints*
Wow! Looked at it again as you mentioned it. That is absolutely amazing.

# 138 jr2424 @ 09/11/10 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030

Kobe teaching it himself...nice closeup of the two step @ 0:56. I mean, you need the two steps to explode into the shot and shoot over the defender. Only difference is this is a one dribble pull up and it was 2 in the vid.
Never been a fan of Kobe as a person, but damn that dude is SICK on the court. I could watch him break down his moves all day long. Like I said, I don't root for the guy as a person, but he is AWESOME on the court. And if he's this lethal in 2k11, my Spurs and I have a ton of work to do. CAN'T WAIT.

# 139 greekmen @ 09/11/10 03:57 AM
Thank you Czar for the great effort and your dedication to basketball! I really appreciate it!!

As I mentioned in the Suns video ... the help defense looks alot more active to the ball side on higher than on lower difficulty. I am sure that on the Island-Play Kobe won't be 1on1 at a higher difficult setting.

When I was at the Lakers for the game against the Cavs in 2009 the Lakers defended LeBron with an additional help defender on the strong side. So they left the player alone who was farest from the ball.

That is what most of the teams do when the opponent wants to isolate their greatest offensive player. Hopefully 2K took care of this in regards for defensive improvements.

But as the Czar would say: "Give me all of your defenders. I still have momentum jumpers!"

# 140 greekmen @ 09/11/10 04:10 AM
BTW: They even got Phil Jacksons Chair right

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.