Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

The NBA Elite 11 demo is available for PS3 users. If you don't see it, just use the search function in the PSN Store, it weighs in at 923 MB.

The 360 demo should be arriving at around 5:00 - 9:00AM EST. When it is available, we will update this post.

UPDATE: The 360 demo is now up. Queue it up right here.

--------------------------------------------

Please limit this topic to IMPRESSIONS only.

This does not mean posts such as:

"Cool is it really out?"

"When will it be out for 360?"

"25% finished."

Download the demo, play it, give your thoughts. Simple.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 TreyIM2 @ 09/21/10 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedSoldier
LMAO. Yes because we need 50gb of space to create a game engine. I apologize to you sir.
Uhh, yaah, u believe what u want to believe...

# 162 fazzk @ 09/21/10 03:03 AM
reAnimator,

my question is about real time physics. It seems that this was hyped up alot and was a key focus to this years game. However, playing the demo, I feel like there is no aspect of the game during gameplay that I "notice" a change due to RTP. Controls I feel like are different even though they can be intertwined with the concept. Can you help me understand better, I have read the blogs, etc. I just don't "see" or "feel" any PHYSICS jumping out at me. Where should I look specifically?

# 163 rEAnimator @ 09/21/10 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrelax13
Man Reanimator, its not your fault. I blame whoever came up with this 3 year plan garbage and decided to scrap what was a decent game last year. I mean, in 3 years won't new consoles be out anyway? In 3 years live could've been a beast. The good news is, it really can't get much worse.
I'd prefer it if you did blame me...or at least converse with me as you would with the person who did make the decision to change the direction of the game.

Because I was behind it 100% from day and I still am.

# 164 Marc_Rez @ 09/21/10 03:03 AM
Ok so I just played the demo and.........................*Drops mic and walk out never to return*

# 165 bigball12 @ 09/21/10 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworld
+1

I agree
Which is where the LACK OF AUTHENTICITY comes into play.

# 166 noshun @ 09/21/10 03:05 AM
Wow, they ethered themselves this year. Self guillotine style. Controls were like molasses.

# 167 rEAnimator @ 09/21/10 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
The only time I've ever done this is if I'm in a protect dribble and my defender is on my left hip. As in a backdown. For the life of me, I can't think of another situation. However, I don't really have to THINK about what i do on the court. All of it is just, "natural".
And that's how I feel about playing Elite as well.

Are you saying the same thing, or do you mean in real life?

Once you get used to the controls, you don't really think about it either.

One situation is if you have a passing option to the right, you're dribbling with your right but the passing lane is cut off.

You may want to back up and move to the left a little while keeping an open stance and then make the quick pass once you've opened up the lane.

Another is to start moving to your left to draw in the defender, and quickly spin out to the left and leave him in the dust.

I know I could find youtube footage of NBA players dribbling away from their ball hand on the perimeter if I looked for it.

# 168 coolcras7 @ 09/21/10 03:07 AM
definitely not liking the blocking in this game, the defense has to much of a window to contest shots, no turbo was a bad idea everyone runs at the same speed though I had fast break but could not out run the defender with rondo, Artest caught me this is not suppose to happen

# 169 fatleg3 @ 09/21/10 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Man why you hurt that boy's feelings like that ? He been waiting on you all night
is this pose to be funny? Please let me know cause this also does not have anything to do with your impressions on the demo

# 170 TequILLa @ 09/21/10 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
One, I don't care about the 360 version because I have a ps3.

Two, I am talking about the time spent from pushing a button to having an action carry out. Like when I am trying to switch on defense or bring up passing icons. The game is playing fast, I just can't keep up with it because of what I called input lag, or whatever it is.
I don't know what it is about this game but the EA developer tried the same thing as a far as taking the buttons out in place for the analog and saying "you'll get use to it", then later putting the buttons back in because it wasn't received very well. Just because they liked it and spent time learning it doesn't mean everybody will. Not very user friendly, they'll learn (EA), I'm ok with learning it but you average joe will not take the time, wow!, you would of thought they would of learned this mistake the Fight Night team had made, I guess not. Brizzo exacted quote was, in reference of taking out the buttons and just using the analog was "YOU"LL GET USE TO IT, IT JUST TAKES TIME". I really hope people love the control scheme though

# 171 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/21/10 03:09 AM
rEAnimator

i have a question. The decision behind the direction of ELITE, did you really have a choice? i mean was it hard to give up on how much progress you guys made with live 10?

# 172 Dantecamp21 @ 09/21/10 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Over the next few days I'll be taking notes (as I'm sure stepsix will be as well).

I will compile a list of all the constructive feedback we receive and repost it here nicely formatted.

We'll then go off as a team and decide what is a candidate for a patch and what is a candidate for next year.

We'll then post our intentions once we have decided what to tackle.

Don't worry, I'm not discouraged at all.
rEAanimator, I'm not trying to be rude, at least you are here trying to give us some input.

But I do feel this game is an absolute poor effort from you guys. And that's my opinion.

For the OSers enjoying it, I envy you because I wanted to feel that way.

I've been around since Lakers x Celtics for the PC in 89.
Never been that heart broken by an EA Basketball title before (and that includes Live 07).

And for the record: I still believe Live 06 had better graphics.

Thanks for being here taking the criticism with elegance.

# 173 Lubey @ 09/21/10 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequILLa
I don't know what it is about this game but the EA developer tried the same thing as a far as taking the buttons out in place for the analog and saying "you'll get use to it", then later putting the buttons back in because it wasn't received very well. Just because they liked it and spent time learning it doesn't mean everybody will. Not very user friendly, they'll learn (EA), I'm ok with learning it but you average joe will not take the time, wow!, you would of thought they would of learned this mistake the Fight Night team had made, I guess not. Brizzo exacted quote was, in reference of taking out the buttons and just using the analog was "YOU"LL GET USE TO IT, IT JUST TAKES TIME". I really hope people love the control scheme though
Maybe they learned from the NHL series considering the control scheme is pretty much the most highly praised aspect of that series.

# 174 seemoe @ 09/21/10 03:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8io4pOLq3D0

Lakers Vs Celtics gameplay. Still getting used to the controls as you will see haha

# 175 armando2002 @ 09/21/10 03:12 AM
Here's my two cents. I think that's what EA is looking for here anyways. I am impartial to either series. I played Live last year because I thought it was better, but I played 2K9 for the same reason.

I was impressed with Live's (Sorry, I'm going to be doing that verbally and visually for a while) controls. I thought they stole the idea from the 2K shot stick and really made it a lot more fluid. But I really thought the game felt like the NCAA series of games, which I never thought were fluid at all. It's almost like they stepped forward with the controls but lost the entire game. I would almost wish that they just patched Live 10 with these controls because it would win the war.

But I'm going with 2K this year. I think Elite is just not polished enough and I'm not paying $60 for a beta. When the visual, audio, and fluidity of the game are compared, I feel that 2K11 is a step above 2K10, while Elite 11 is a step down from Live 11.I could care less about NBA Jam. I have it on the Genesis with the best throwback players, anyways.

# 176 Stickz24 @ 09/21/10 03:12 AM
Damn .. I don't like when companies do this man .. now that reAnimator guy has to sit on the battle front and fight all these troops ... I feel your pain man. I know you wont admit it .. but damn. For a second.. I was like .. relatively speaking .. EA will get their money .. but a lot of Live's fans will be dissappointed. Man, this will probably feel like a 12 year old getting clothes for Christmas when his best friend got Sega Genesis ...
Wooow. Hang in there tho man - I hope you're on clock for these posts.

# 177 Artman22 @ 09/21/10 03:13 AM
Wow, just wow. I can't believe this game felt this bad. Overall not impressed with the demo at all. The graphics were very bad. The animations were terrible as well. This game feels a lot like Sonys Bball game. This game feels very unpolished IMO. Why didn't they just build off last years game?

# 178 Stickz24 @ 09/21/10 03:14 AM
It's almost like when insurance companies just stick their claims adjusters out there to dry ... smh.
But again, I havn't played it yet .. just surveying the marketing war b/w the two companies .. esp knowing that word of mouth is platinum in this business.

# 179 Rob. D @ 09/21/10 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seemoe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8io4pOLq3D0

Lakers Vs Celtics gameplay. Still getting used to the controls as you will see haha
thanks man stuck at work all 3 of your vids are giving me something to do

# 180 bigball12 @ 09/21/10 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armando2002
Here's my two cents. I think that's what EA is looking for here anyways. I am impartial to either series. I played Live last year because I thought it was better, but I played 2K9 for the same reason.
My exact situation also.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.