Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

The Madden NFL 11 patch is available now for PS3 users.

Will update this post when the 360 patch is available.

UPDATE: The patch is now available for 360 users.

Please post your impressions here.

NFL Football is in full swing, and so is the latest title update for Madden NFL 11. Many of the features and fixes associated with this patch came directly from you, our loyal Madden NFL community. For this update, the team focused primarily on improving gameplay, online, and general game stability & improvements. Read on to find out more about what to expect when the download completes.

Content Updates:
  • Tuned play action blocking to be more effective.
  • Tuned kick return blocking to be more effective.
  • Tuned injuries to occur in more realistic percentages.
  • Tuned GameFlow play calling logic, including lesser chances of same / similar plays being called concurrently.
  • Tuned general defensive effectiveness, including locomotion improvements for defenders and miscellaneous pass coverage improvements
  • Fixed QB spy 'nano-blitz' exploit.
  • Fixed an issue in online team play that allowed defensive captains to force offensive captains in to a no-huddle situation
  • Fixed crash bug that was introduced that could occur for some PS3 gamers that were using "My Skill" setting.
  • Fixed bug that didn't allow gamers to invite friends to ranked games. Now this is 100% allowed.
  • Added new alternate uniforms for Colts and Patriots.
  • Corrected a feedback issue related to stat tracking when a player quit during the first half of an online game
  • Fixed an issue in Madden Moments LIVE related to stat tracking for those who used the "Play Again" option after completing the game.
  • Added multiple stability fixes across a variety of game modes.
We hope the updates you see above released with title update 3 will give you everything you need to keep Madden NFL 11 in your disc tray for weeks and months to come. See you on the gridiron!

Source - Madden NFL 11 Blog

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 ramenite @ 09/26/10 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputney23
Still no change for the 3-4 and 4-3 schemes?
I played a couple games with just default sliders on all-pro with the Steelers.

Without me controlling him, Harrison had 2 sacks in one game(vs. Ravens), and 1 sack in the other(vs. Titans).

I didn't have that at all previous the the latest patch, except with huge adjustments to sliders, and even then I had to actually control the OLB. I also held CJ to under 100 yards. That was something I was NEVER able to do before the patch. The Steelers' D actually seemed to play like the Steelers' D.

There's going to be debate if it's actually "fixed", bit it's a nice improvement.

# 182 LionsFanNJ @ 09/26/10 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The game after I played after the patch was a real good defensive battle.

I played on nearly ALL Pro, except I kicked up Pass Reaction Time to 60 on both ends and dropped fumbles to 25.

The score was 10-7 Packers over the Bears.

Loved every minute of it.
I actually tried this myself and i like it. For one it forced me to check down more so my yards per play went down, which means my scores went down.

Playing Saints @ Jags on 15 minutes the final was 22 - 3. Not bad considering the teams.

# 183 phant030 @ 09/26/10 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
Does anyone know if this is the last of the patches? These patches came a lot quicker than '10's did, and I'm wondering if they halved these fixes to indroduce them sooner? I was shocked to see the 1.03 update in September.
I read somewhere that release day patches can be free, and this what allows us to get three patches. However, what ever the couldn't fix on release day that they need needed to be added or fixed was already being worked on. As far as other issues, they waited til the game was out.

I wouldn't say they halved them. I think we have to be thankful they came out this soon...not find a way to discredit them.

# 184 steelernation28 @ 09/26/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
What are you talking about ? Im playing with fight for fumble off and i have recovered more fumbles than lost.
I've had 10 forced fumbles and zero recoveries. What else can I say?

# 185 89OneHanded @ 09/26/10 12:29 PM
Madden is far inferior to NCAA this year, which is sad, because it's usually the other way around. When I go from playing NCAA to Madden, it feels like I go from playing a football video game to an arcade football game. Also, Madden is so offense heavy this year, no matter how I tune the sliders, my games are always 56-24, 63-14, 49-45. NCAA, I can tune the sliders for a defensive (realistic) game that ends 21-17. Too bad this patch did nothing to fix this stuff, because I prefer to play with NFL players, rather than NCAA ones.

# 186 gr18 @ 09/26/10 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89OneHanded
Madden is far inferior to NCAA this year, which is sad, because it's usually the other way around. When I go from playing NCAA to Madden, it feels like I go from playing a football video game to an arcade football game. Also, Madden is so offense heavy this year, no matter how I tune the sliders, my games are always 56-24, 63-14, 49-45. NCAA, I can tune the sliders for a defensive (realistic) game that ends 21-17. Too bad this patch did nothing to fix this stuff, because I prefer to play with NFL players, rather than NCAA ones.
I have no idea why I see statements like this from time to time saying there's no way to have a defensive game.

If you raise many defensive sliders, like the reaction time ones, and keep offense sliders low, you won't see games hitting the 40's often let alone 50's or 60's.

# 187 I_HATE_THAT_DUDE @ 09/26/10 01:15 PM
its nice they fixed the issues they added above. I'm still having an issue inviting friends to ranked games unless I'm doing something wrong..i go to invite friends then switch it to ranked after i confirm the invite it takes me to the chose team screen and then someone else randomly appears. anyone having any luck with this?

also i would love to see a patch if possible to use the ps clock like ncaa does and also us visual lighting to have shadows creep across the field as the game progresses. they had this on madden 06 for next gen systems but have totally screwed it up this last 3 years or so by leaving it out. i believe the live weather option actually works however so that parts cool.

# 188 maddcatt @ 09/26/10 01:37 PM
Disgusted !! about what they did with the kicking meter online

57 yrd FG's are like kicking extra pts. now ....How does that make simulation sense EA ?

Before update you were actually seeing missed FG's like you see every week in the NFL, but now it's been made easier than ever before

After all these years !! Why is this part of the game sooooooo difficult to get right

This goes for the punting game also

# 189 lisinas @ 09/26/10 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
Disgusted !! about what they did with the kicking meter online

57 yrd FG's are like kicking extra pts. now ....How does that make simulation sense EA ?

Before update you were actually seeing missed FG's like you see every week in the NFL, but now it's been made easier than ever before

After all these years !! Why is this part of the game sooooooo difficult to get right

This goes for the punting game also
Because online madden is so much about sim.
/sarcasm off

# 190 RLo26 @ 09/26/10 02:48 PM
I'm new to the whole online exp how do u download patches and where do u go to do so???????????

# 191 lisinas @ 09/26/10 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Why do I keep seeing posts like this??? Madden is far better than NCAA. The pass defense in NCAA is the worst Ive ever seen. Then you throw in the fact that the Dynasty mode is complete garbage with recruiting being the worst ever in the series, progression being state, and no team ever gets better overall. Teams just slowly get worse through the years. AI recruiting logic killed NCAA for me. That and pass defense caused me to not have even touched this game in months. All those patches and tuner updates just made the game worse.

Madden is much better. Esp on the defensive side of the ball.

What I want to know is if patch 3 fixed the the glitchy, choppy gameplay that patch #2 caused. After getting patch 2 I noticed that the game was completely stuttering and choppy on every single play.

I just deleted #2 and played with the default out of the box set up. So did patch 3 make it better or worse???
If your are talking about madden 3rd patch then no, it made gameplay a lot better,especially defense.

# 192 z4ckdabeast @ 09/26/10 03:53 PM
Quote:
Why do I keep seeing posts like this??? Madden is far better than NCAA. The pass defense in NCAA is the worst Ive ever seen. Then you throw in the fact that the Dynasty mode is complete garbage with recruiting being the worst ever in the series, progression being state, and no team ever gets better overall. Teams just slowly get worse through the years. AI recruiting logic killed NCAA for me. That and pass defense caused me to not have even touched this game in months. All those patches and tuner updates just made the game worse.

What I want to know is if patch 3 fixed the the glitchy, choppy gameplay that patch #2 caused. After getting patch 2 I noticed that the game was completely stuttering and choppy on every single play.

I just deleted #2 and played with the default out of the box set up. So did patch 3 make it better or worse???
Out of anything you could say Madden is "far superior" in, you picked Dynasty/Franchise? Really??? Madden's Franchise mode is terrible.

# 193 qsmith0066 @ 09/26/10 07:26 PM
EA shouldve made more strides loading more of the original plays. Tenn is missing there signature option pitch play out of the pistol set. Who cares about how fast you finish the game I just want it to be as realist as possible. EA has suck for the past 4 years anyway...their too cocky.

# 194 brycepunk @ 09/27/10 01:12 AM
So with this new patch the game is worth keeping. Two nights ago I had decided after 20+ face-palm wtf? moments in a single game I was going to sell it back for $10 or whatever, but now people are saying it's worth playing.
I don't have the PS3 online so I'd have to bring it to a friend's house and set it up... is it worth it? Or is the game just now tolerable?

# 195 Pcoejr1 @ 09/27/10 01:58 AM
I never thought I would be saying this but I think this will be the last year with me buying the madden franchise. I have brought madden every year since 2k stop making a football game and this year has to be one of the most frustrating years. Madden has made some great improvements, but I hate the fact that even after the patch, all-pro is too easy and all-madden does not give you realistic gameplay. I also hate that if you don't implement sliders, the game at times is impossible to enjoy. I'm really debating on selling my copy of madden. Online seems to be the only realistic gameplay that you get....but even online has its faults.

# 196 sooner1 @ 09/27/10 02:09 AM
Quote:

Pass defense worse then madden?? Please explain. Madden has the worst pass defense ive ever seen in a video game. NCAA puts Madden to shame this year. Pass defense is good on Ncaa compared to madden where there is no pass defense. I guess you like shootouts??

# 197 adembroski @ 09/27/10 02:28 AM
Quote:

Wow...

The few valid points you made are no longer valid as patches/tune files have fixed dynasty mode to a great degree. It's easily the best Dynasty has been on this generation now.

As for pass defense... I don't know where to start except to say you really come off like you never played NCAA because the broken pass defense in Madden was clear and apparent the moment I picked up a controller, but I have a solid, challenging passing game out of the box in NCAA.

# 198 kd7818 @ 09/27/10 08:07 AM
Does anyone have the new patch for dl?

# 199 youALREADYknow @ 09/27/10 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
As for pass defense... I don't know where to start except to say you really come off like you never played NCAA because the broken pass defense in Madden was clear and apparent the moment I picked up a controller, but I have a solid, challenging passing game out of the box in NCAA.
I can hit any 90+ SPD WR on a slant out of the slot on 80-90% of my pass attempts against virtually any defense the CPU uses.

To say that NCAA's pass defense is solid is absurd. I've seen DB's run away from the ball while it's in the air, DB's stand still while a WR catches a jump ball 50 yards down the field in front of their face, and LB's stand 10 yards from the QB like a statue staring him in the face while a player runs through their zone untouched and uncovered.

I waited until Patch #3 to pick up Madden and it's light years ahead of NCAA in almost every aspect of on-the-field football. Off-the-field NCAA still is a better game, but they botched so much in Dynasty mode this year that it's rendered almost irrelevant.

note: I edit every team's Defensive Gameplan to make them actually play true to life defense. Too bad there is nothing that can be done to fix NCAA's defensive woes (Engage Eight.... terrible).

Both games need some serious work next year, but I have more faith in Madden fixing Franchise mode (see Donny Moore) than NCAA actually playing like a college football game with a realistic option attack, realistic triple option blocking, and actual scrambling QB's.

# 200 lisinas @ 09/27/10 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
I see the same things in Madden 11 with the new patch. Plus, DBs are many times seemingly afraid to catch the ball, just maybe they think it could cause the Flu or something. I mean, way too often the ball bounces off their chest or goes through their hands--in the same game every game!
Oh just dont... i played 20~ games with this new patch in madden and i have not seen a thing like you are talking about.
And dont get me wrong , im not madden fan boy , neither ***** of ncaa or w/e , i dont even care about ncaa tbh,but i have not seen a thing in madden like that though its still has some issues on defense.
And about balls going through hands... yeah i saw it 2times, both plays were against me and ball went through my defenders hands. But its what, 2times in 100 + games ? I mean really ? Does it bother you so much ?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.