Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

UPDATE FOR 360 USERS: via @Ian_Cummings

Quote:
"Duh, I just realized. If you aren't seeing the new uniforms in the 360 title update, make sure to pull the latest DLC - "MUT Rivals Pack."

After you download it (it's 80+ MB), everything should be there. http://plixi.com/p/53477129

-------------------------------------------

The Madden NFL 11 title update #4 adds a number of improvements to Madden NFL 11’s overall gameplay experience, including exciting new features for Madden Ultimate Team. The “Rivals Pack” delivers three major new features for Ultimate Team, allowing players to make new rivals in “Tournaments”, face off against old rivals in “Play vs. Friends” and renew rivalries through “Refer a Friend”.

Madden Ultimate Team “Rivals Pack”: Tournaments
Enter a tournament to go up against another player in an attempt to advance to the next round and earn coins.

There are currently 15 available tournaments, with more to come on a weekly basis (just like collections). Of the 15 tournaments, five can be described as easy, five as medium difficulty and five as hard:

Easy

Name: Rookie Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires 10 rookies in your deck
Rounds: 10

Name: CPU Crusher
Entrance Requirements: Requires 10 wins vs. the CPU

Name: No Requirement Tourney
Entrance Requirements: None
Rounds: 6

Name: Bronze Card Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires 10 bronze cards in your deck

Name: Raiders Tourney
Entrance Requirements: Requires Tom Cable coach card, Home and Away Raiders Uniform Cards

Medium

Name: Team Chemistry Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires Team Chemistry between 75 and 100
Rounds: 8

Name: Gold Card Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires 10 Gold Cards in your deck

Name: Team Skill Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires Team Skill between 70 and 80

Name: 80 Overall QB Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires a QB on your team that has an overall of 80 or better

Name: Eagles Running Game 2nd Edition
Entrance Requirements: Requires 2nd Edition LeSean McCoy, Michael Vick and Owen Schmitt cards

Hard

Name: 750k Card Value Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires card value to be 750k or better

Name: Dynamic Duo Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires Gold Peyton Manning and Gold Reggie Wayne cards

Name: Head to Head Wins Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires 20 head to head wins

Name: Breast Cancer Awareness Card Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires the Breast Cancer Awareness Collection Award card AND 5 random Breast Cancer Awareness Cards

Name: Fantasy Card Tournament
Entrance Requirements: Requires Last Week’s Jeremy Maclin and EJ Henderson FF Cards

Madden Ultimate Team “Rivals Pack”: Play with Friends
Challenge your friends to a game of Madden Ultimate Team anytime they are online.

Madden Ultimate Team “Rivals Pack”: Refer a Friend
Earn coins for getting your friends to join Madden Ultimate Team. A new screen has been added that allows you to keep track of your invites and your rewards from the friends that have accepted the referral.

In addition to these Madden Ultimate Team features, today’s title update also delivers uniform updates, including alternate Vikings jerseys featuring the 50th anniversary patch, the current Redskins home and away uniforms, the Chargers powder blue uniform and a uniform top for the Saints that includes the Super Bowl Champions patch.

Vikings – 50th Anniversary Patch

Redskins – Home and Away Uniforms

Chargers – Powder Blue Uniform

Saints – Super Bowl Champions Patch

Today’s title update also includes the following:

Content Updates
  • Fixed a couple of random Madden Moments LIVE crashes.
  • Fixed the user’s ability to view play art manually if the opponent on defense holds LT/L2 pre-snap.
  • Fixed an exploit where the user could audible when coming out in the Bronco Heavy formation with a HB or WR at QB.
  • Fixed an exploit where after pressing the square/X button on defense a user is able to hold down on the L-stick which allows the defender to release off the line of scrimmage and go after the QB as soon as the ball is hiked.
  • Fixed a hanging issue with onside kicks in Madden Moments LIVE and offline Madden Moments.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 zadokguy @ 10/28/10 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
gameplanning???

is it fixed with this new update???
No, it's still broken.

# 22 H_Zilla @ 10/28/10 07:25 PM
Patch Fail - Onto the next game

And if I wanted to play MUT I would play the facebook game, its better and more stable and doesnt cost money.

EA are such ******s

# 23 LaW97 @ 10/28/10 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadokguy
No, it's still broken.

then jeez man,
whats the use of this patch

i remember last year i stayed at patch 2 because the rest of the patches broke the game

i guess this year you're forced to stay at patch 1 with broken gameplay or stay at patch 3 and do the workaround

# 24 Foo4Everlong @ 10/28/10 08:05 PM
Just checked the 4.0 Title Update on the PS3 and everything appears to be there as it is suppose to be. But the XBox 360 4.0 Title Update is still not working correctly or or is bugged or whatever. Is there any word from EA about what is wrong with the 360 version? If anyone has any info it would be great. It's sorta wierd that there are posts or threads scattered between this postboard and the EA postboard with people are saying that the 360 version isn't working correctly but no "official" word or thread that it's "broken." Thanks. Later

# 25 thumstyx @ 10/28/10 09:15 PM
The uniform updates are there for the PS3 - You need to select the actual "jersey" not the default Uniforms.

# 26 colkilla @ 10/28/10 09:17 PM
man, with all the crap ea gets as it is, this isn't gonna be good. a patch most people think is worthless anyway, and it doesn't work...

# 27 Cards77 @ 10/28/10 09:24 PM
What is Playmaker talking about? His sliders are absolutely aweful.

# 28 Palo20 @ 10/28/10 09:28 PM
Before I download the patch, does everyone have their franchises working?

And did any other random stuff get broken now?

# 29 bxgoods @ 10/28/10 09:44 PM
Tournament mode in MUT is really fun, its about time EA added this to Madden.
I've played the best games overall in tournie mode, people use more strategy than regular auto match. Really fun. It would be awesome if you win the Tournament if they do the superbowl celebration on the field.

# 30 Foo4Everlong @ 10/28/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Guys I got the new patch and downloaded the new rival packs and it asks you to restart the game to take affect.

Did anyone who does not see the new uniforms try that. Download the patch and then the rivals pack when you click on ultimate team. then restart the game and bingo
Ah ha! Sounds right. The last patch included Madden Moments Live for download in the XBL Dashboard, and in order for us to get Breast cancer Awareness mode u had to download MML from the dashboard first. Thanks for the tip. Happy Madden peeps again...Maybe. Later

# 31 Steve_OS @ 10/28/10 09:54 PM
Ian responded w/ an update for 360 users w/ jersey/uni issue.

Updated the OP.

# 32 Nev @ 10/29/10 08:14 AM
My first online franchise game since downloading the patch and surprise, surprise it gets disconnected....

# 33 mm boost @ 10/29/10 08:25 AM
so no fix for the intros to game in franchise?

# 34 K_GUN @ 10/29/10 08:58 AM
FWIW...i got gameplanning to work (sort of)

assign your CPU their respective gameplans and begin game (as if u are going to be the CPU desired team)

once game starts go to controller select and take control over your team.....the CPU gameplans will stick

have fun!

# 35 Armor and Sword @ 10/29/10 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
FWIW...i got gameplanning to work (sort of)

assign your CPU their respective gameplans and begin game (as if u are going to be the CPU desired team)

once game starts go to controller select and take control over your team.....the CPU gameplans will stick

have fun!

Yep, been doing this the entire time since the bug hit. You only miss the opening kickoff as the team you want to play as.

# 36 falconfansince81 @ 10/29/10 09:27 AM
more than half our leagues' online franchise games are getting disconnected, most are started and played 2-4 times...which appears to be worse than before.

# 37 jvaccaro @ 10/29/10 09:52 AM
before the patch I couldn't complete a single online franchise game. Since it came out, I'm 1 for 1 so far, so I'm happy...

# 38 bigfnjoe96 @ 10/29/10 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
before the patch I couldn't complete a single online franchise game. Since it came out, I'm 1 for 1 so far, so I'm happy...
This is encouraging.. Was the game laggy @ all? This seems to be the biggest issue I have. Thanks

# 39 Danimal @ 10/29/10 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
-QB intro's bug
Just out of curiosity but how do people know this is a bug? I've seen lots of post that there are supposedly more intros then the QB one, but has someone at EA ever claimed this? If so could someone link to it.

I have a hard time believing if they spent all the time and art assets to make more intros then the QB comparison ones and they weren't showing that they wouldn't fix that in 4 patches.

# 40 RedZoneD25 @ 10/29/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Just out of curiosity but how do people know this is a bug? I've seen lots of post that there are supposedly more intros then the QB one, but has someone at EA ever claimed this? If so could someone link to it.

I have a hard time believing if they spent all the time and art assets to make more intros then the QB comparison ones and they weren't showing that they wouldn't fix that in 4 patches.

I wouldn't know where to begin finding a link, but I too remember them saying a LOT about individual storylines relating to specific QB matchups and them following it throughout the game. However, I'm unsure if it was omitted at the last second or a bug in the games coding. Gus does say in Madden that
they'll be following the story as the game goes on, but nothing is ever said.

If it helps, I remember it was around the same time they were showing off Gus as the new announcer of Madden.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.