Home
NBA JAM News Post

EA Sports NBA Jam is available now for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Mike Smoove @ 11/22/10 06:43 PM
I think its a fun game. Will be really fun playing friends and online. Nice alternative to 2K.

# 102 Ermolli @ 11/22/10 08:40 PM
I'm really enjoying this game, so much fun specially if you play it with someone else. It's the only game I can play with my brothers because they don't like sports games, so I'm glad of having this game.

# 103 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 11/22/10 08:49 PM
it really is the perfect online game or local multiplayer. just great.

but little guys are soooo undervalued in this game. If you use 2 little guys you are screwed. Big men who block and dunk will dominate. Especially little guys who can't shoot 3's like money...totally useless. Devin Harris, yes you.

# 104 kazushige0001 @ 11/23/10 11:20 AM
I got the game last night and it has been a lot of fun. I don't really see myself getting into the new modes too much, but the classic campaign is a lot of fun and reminds me of the past.

The graphics on the PS3 look great especially considering the anti-aliasing issues I have seen on some other games. The controls seem pretty responsive, but I must admit it takes some getting use to using the NBA Elite-ish controls (shot stick, forward and back to steal, and up and down blocking controls).

Oddly enough, my only real criticism are things I took for granted about the old arcade game:

- basketball icon behind turbo meter to indicate who has the ball: really helps when the game is moving fast especially on some of the remix 2 on 2 matchups.

- arrows to indicate where players are if they aren't on the screen: definitely helps when the game gets fast or you're shoved on the ground and left behind as the ball moves the opposite direction.

As for the unlockables, I'm not excited about most of them, but I do look forward to some 80's Celtics vs Lakers. It'll be fun to have Bird/Mchale vs. Magic/Worthy.

# 105 nolesfan69 @ 11/23/10 01:51 PM
Have any of you guys try playing Classic Campaign on Insane. I am too
chicken right now, I plan of finishing my first run through on medium.
Then move up to hard on my second run through.

# 106 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 11/23/10 05:48 PM
-CPU players shoot the ball on the way down on jump shots. This is just horrible.
-Little guys just get dominated at the rim. Like it's rare they can even get a shot off without being blocked. I remember being able to dunk without huge problems with little guys on the original. Theres no point in using guys like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Devin Harris, etc. in this game...they are useless compared to KG, Pau, Noah, etc.
-I can't really figure out how to make threes...some guys I played online were good with Kobe, Curry, Carter...but mostly my wide open threes have not gone in at a very good rate.

*BIG ONE*
-You can't shove a guy who is going up for a jump shot. On the original, if you shoved them before they let go of the ball they would hit the deck and not get the shot off. It has ZERO effect when you do that in this game. Major bummer.

These things bother me...a lot. But I still enjoy the game 2 v 2 online and some campaign action....if my 360 wasn't dying.

# 107 The 24th Letter @ 11/23/10 09:09 PM
loving the game....been playing 2k11 too long.....i keep thinking too hard while playing lol

# 108 pdawg17 @ 11/24/10 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
-CPU players shoot the ball on the way down on jump shots. This is just horrible.
-Little guys just get dominated at the rim. Like it's rare they can even get a shot off without being blocked. I remember being able to dunk without huge problems with little guys on the original. Theres no point in using guys like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Devin Harris, etc. in this game...they are useless compared to KG, Pau, Noah, etc.
-I can't really figure out how to make threes...some guys I played online were good with Kobe, Curry, Carter...but mostly my wide open threes have not gone in at a very good rate.

*BIG ONE*
-You can't shove a guy who is going up for a jump shot. On the original, if you shoved them before they let go of the ball they would hit the deck and not get the shot off. It has ZERO effect when you do that in this game. Major bummer.

These things bother me...a lot. But I still enjoy the game 2 v 2 online and some campaign action....if my 360 wasn't dying.
That drives me crazy too...I keep trying to shove the ball handler when they go up to shoot and nothing happens...at first I thought I was missing him somehow but then realized you can't shove a jump shooter...just terrible...

# 109 The 24th Letter @ 11/24/10 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
That drives me crazy too...I keep trying to shove the ball handler when they go up to shoot and nothing happens...at first I thought I was missing him somehow but then realized you can't shove a jump shooter...just terrible...
noticed that too....ugh.

# 110 Bumble14 @ 11/24/10 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
This has been driving me insane as it absolutely kills the defensive strategy especially in multiplayer. This was a HUGE component of head to head games and I was getting destroyed in MP games until I figured out this has been taken out of the game.

I just do not understand why such a big part of the old Jam games was removed--it's downright impossible to stop guys driving the hoop now unless you have a bigger player that can go up and block them. The shove on the shot attempt was a defensive balance maneuver for smaller guards--it allowed you to play 2 small guys against big guys. In this game I feel like it's essential to have a competent big on the court in online games or you are screwed--basically making teams like Washington,Detroit, and even Oklahoma City worthless.

# 111 pdawg17 @ 11/26/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
This has been driving me insane as it absolutely kills the defensive strategy especially in multiplayer. This was a HUGE component of head to head games and I was getting destroyed in MP games until I figured out this has been taken out of the game.

I just do not understand why such a big part of the old Jam games was removed--it's downright impossible to stop guys driving the hoop now unless you have a bigger player that can go up and block them. The shove on the shot attempt was a defensive balance maneuver for smaller guards--it allowed you to play 2 small guys against big guys. In this game I feel like it's essential to have a competent big on the court in online games or you are screwed--basically making teams like Washington,Detroit, and even Oklahoma City worthless.
Considering EA has said over and over that they tried to make this version "true to the original" I'm surprised it's not in the game...

# 112 thakeaf @ 11/30/10 09:43 PM
Ordered off of Amazon earlier and with the Amazon Prime demo got 3.99 one day shipping. I'll have it tomorrow..I enjoyed what I played from it at Best Buy. Wish I would have just got it at Best Buy when I got NFS.

# 113 LingeringRegime @ 12/19/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14

That really blows hard. Oh well, thanks for saving me $50+.

# 114 jyoung @ 12/19/10 03:36 PM
How are the Grizzlies in this game?

They are my home-state team.

# 115 dickey1331 @ 12/27/10 02:14 AM
Got the game for Christmas. Played some tonight and had a lot of fun. I'm not very good though.

Sent from space using Tapatalk

# 116 Raheemdadream @ 12/28/10 01:25 AM
Not being able to control the CPU Player once you pass it is terrible because as stated earlier the CPU teammate takes that extra second to shoot on the way down, so even if there is a slight opening it gets blocked.

Online is actually the best environment I've played EA wise. Never any lag or anything. I like the fact the games are short, so you can run 3-4 easy as long as there are players.

# 117 Methlab @ 12/29/10 09:43 AM
I am hearing that this is one of the best online sports games you can get. It is real tempting if this is the case.

# 118 Pared @ 12/29/10 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I am hearing that this is one of the best online sports games you can get. It is real tempting if this is the case.
It is but I have to be honest, there have been times where I can't find anyone to play against. Doesn't seem to be popular.

When you CAN play however, it's very very smooth.

# 119 brza37 @ 12/30/10 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
How are the Grizzlies in this game?

They are my home-state team.
The Grizzlies are actually pretty good. Love is a beast and Beasley is rated like he was back at K-State.

# 120 jyoung @ 12/31/10 04:15 PM
Grizzlies =/= Timberwolves.

Think you got the teams mixed up there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.