Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The next NBA 2K11 patch will include 3D support for the PS3 and 360, according to Ronnie2K's Twitter feed.

Unfortunately, he also mentions there will be no gameplay fixes in this patch. However, ongoing issues with unranked games will be fixed.

Quote:
"All 3D effects come down to one simple idea: make each of a viewer’s eyes see a slightly different image and you can create the illusion of depth on a 2D screen. Technology to create 3D movies evolved from two-color images, called anaglyphs, into the more modern projection systems that use differently polarized light. Most of the new 3D televisions use a technique called “alternate-frame sequencing” in which they first display the image for one eye and then display the image for the other eye, holding each image on the screen for 1/120th of a second. To make sure viewers see the correct images with each eye, glasses that cover-up one eye in exact synchronization with the television display, called active-shutter glasses, are used. What’s most exciting about the new technology is the quality of the images it produces. The new generation of active-shutter HDTVs let us make a 3D game using full resolution HDTV images at framerates up to 120Hz."

Source - NBA 2K11 Gets Free Stereoscopic 3D Update on January 16th

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Darkman118 @ 01/14/11 01:15 AM
I have to agree with the people who aren't happy with this. There are many other things that could have been worked on. Instead of them trying to implement this all this time, they should have done a major overhaul of their 2k servers. They are bad. We all know this. I just feel this is another gimmick thing like the Kinect or Move to just say " hey we have a 3d game!" Or we have motion control" Buy this!

I am a little biased. I am not a fan of 3d. I would rather have tv's and components with higher refresh rates and resolution and other options instead of 3d. Just my opinion.

# 22 Lyvean @ 01/14/11 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
1. They had been working on this 3d patch since BEFORE the game dropped. I recall reading IGN impressions of it back in early fall. It just took them until now to get out to us.

2. They already put out 2 gameplay patches - it's not's not they have been sitting on their hands. I know the game isn't perfect but lets be realistic.
What on earth are you on about?

Gameplay must be a priority.

We are not talking about minor issues, we are talking about issues that break the game.

Charging fouls non existent, offensive rebounds too low, shot stick inconsistency, online problems and hacks...

I can't believe the game will be left with such fundamentals problems... All companies are the same... Take the money and run...

# 23 Mintsa @ 01/14/11 09:04 AM
As long as they don't change the shot/free throw timing again.....I'm good.

I couldn't handle having to adjust my shooting for online games one more time.

# 24 mlp111 @ 01/14/11 10:23 AM
One of the most wasteful update imaginable for 2k.... I have a 3D tv and as of now I believe there overrated highly, unless u can afford the tv which doesn't require glasses, the were many other areas that 2k could have tweaked.... Major disappointment, but I will test it out to see what it plays like, buy still majorly disappointment

# 25 TripleCrown9 @ 01/14/11 11:22 AM
So is this patch also going to contain the 3rd uniforms for ORL, MIN, and NO?

# 26 Eman5805 @ 01/14/11 12:31 PM
All I wish to know is if there will be another gameplay patch at all.

# 27 Boling4Humor @ 01/14/11 12:37 PM
I think the reason there is an outrage is because 2K is calling this a patch...now had they worded it different, like "2K is now compatable with 3D T.Vs" maybe there wouldn't be as much rage in here.

I'm guessing the uni's didn't get included in this "patch"?

# 28 mlp111 @ 01/14/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33

2. They already put out 2 gameplay patches - it's not's not they have been sitting on their hands. I know the game isn't perfect but lets be realistic.
Actually they released one gameplay patch,..... The first patch was for online, but we all know how that went......... Second patch messed up shooting and killed my player mode for me, will not play it, it sucks that bad.......

# 29 mlp111 @ 01/14/11 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
All I wish to know is if there will be another gameplay patch at all.
There won't be, Ronnie stated on his twitter that there gameplay is unmatched, so they decided not to touch it cause a patch sometimes cause or changes things that it wasn't meant to change...... It's no his twitter page,
Sad to hear, 2k11 is a great game, but has some major issues.... Fouls are sporadic, shoot is off due to patch, online worst in gaming industry and etc

# 30 JBarka916 @ 01/14/11 03:32 PM
Can they please make a patch to update all arenas??? I really hate mid court for the Staples Center (Lakers). It should be purple not gold!!!

# 31 BlackRome @ 01/14/11 07:32 PM
Next year I'll just wait until the patches are released to see how the game is. Far as buying this game before Christmas. Never again.

They haven't had a playable game in 4 years before the second patch. Including my favorite 2k8. It took them a while to fix that one.

# 32 WTF @ 01/14/11 07:46 PM
Pretty excited about it... 3D Gaming coming soon to my living room

# 33 mlp111 @ 01/14/11 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
Next year I'll just wait until the patches are released to see how the game is. Far as buying this game before Christmas. Never again.

I absolutely agree..... Won't make.this mistake again, I will rent the next game on before purchase, gamefly.

# 34 Pared @ 01/15/11 02:54 PM
This thread is a good indication just how far our sense of entitlement has come these past years.

Sad.

# 35 ksolo12 @ 01/15/11 04:21 PM
I'm not gonna bash on 2K but this is the reason why competition is needed. When EA cancelled the game 2K owned the market. At this point they don't have to give us anything becuase they are the only licensed basketball game on the market. No competition means you can rest on what you have.

Hopefully the 3D gamers will enjoy this

# 36 Pared @ 01/15/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksolo12
I'm not gonna bash on 2K but this is the reason why competition is needed. When EA cancelled the game 2K owned the market. At this point they don't have to give us anything becuase they are the only licensed basketball game on the market. No competition means you can rest on what you have.

Hopefully the 3D gamers will enjoy this
Competition?

Man, 2k brought the MOST they have out of any single year in as long as I can remember... and actually had a HUGE patch fixing a lot of issues. People don't focus on what they did fix but rather what they didn't.

I don't know of many games that get year round support (which is what is expected, let's be real here) for a flat entry fee. If it were a subscription based title I could understand... but it's not even close to it. You don't even pay anything for online play, as opposed to EA's pass.

It's a losing battle. They will NEVER WIN! HAHAHA.... /evil laugh.

I just need to stay out of this thread really. I know developers read this and I just hate that "this is the thanks" they get.

# 37 foofighter2455 @ 01/15/11 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I know developers read this and I just hate that "this is the thanks" they get.
In my line of work, and probably most others, a paycheck is the only thanks that people should need...
I know they aren't making a ton of money, but a job is a job and they're getting paid to do it.

If these devs were working on a volunteer status, my expectations and disappointments would be greatly lowered.

They have a choice, keep trying to fix their product and listen to the players of their games... or ignore the consumer and watch the fall of Rome from the inside when "some" other company finally figures things out. In reality, I think a dialogue with their consumers would solve most of their problems with people being pissed about these patches but Ronnie's twitter has more junk about smalltalk and less dialog that seems to make a difference.

When things are still broken in the game that appear to be the more simple fixes and the headline for this patch is "3D support", I just have to roll my eyes and

# 38 MRGM420 @ 01/15/11 06:35 PM
I hope they fixed the team play because it is damn near impossible to get a 2v2 going with a friend on your team and more than 2 people on each team and lag comes into the picture please 2k at least let me play a team up game.

# 39 tariqosuave @ 01/15/11 06:56 PM
what time is this gonna hit?

# 40 mlp111 @ 01/15/11 08:59 PM
ill get a 3d tv when its no longer required to wear some stupid glasses just to watch it, 2k this is one of the stupidest patches to ever be released from you guys, just plain crazy.... not fallen for the hype of next year game, will be renting that issue from gamefly

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.