Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

What you’ll see is around 10 minutes of gameplay at Miller Park (which has actually been changed since this video was shot.) This is as close to direct-feed that we could get, so the quality is a bit less than perfect. Also, the audio was removed completely as all you could hear was us idiots talking in the background. This is NOT FINAL CODE, and was actually changing throughout the week that we were there. Some things to focus on are the updated player models (no more T-Rex) and the analog controls.

(The team has given permission for me to post this video)

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Knight165 @ 01/20/11 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Guilty as charged.

Until Sony is paying for all the Audi's... I have no choice but to stay at work.
Tell me about it.
The S5 has less than 5,000 miles on it...and I'm wondering why the heck I laid out that much cabbage!

M.K.
Knight165

# 122 nemesis04 @ 01/20/11 02:21 PM
Quote:

Until Sony is paying for all the Audi's... I have no choice but to stay at work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Tell me about it.
The S5 has less than 5,000 miles on it...and I'm wondering why the heck I laid out that much cabbage!

M.K.
Knight165

# 123 FindingTim @ 01/20/11 02:29 PM
I'm pretty bummed the swing follow-through's still look bad, but it feels good to get a taste of that baseball feeling

I can't wait

# 124 Knight165 @ 01/20/11 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04

You son of a Mutha'.....

M.K.
Knight165

# 125 queensbomber @ 01/20/11 03:07 PM
Quote:
I have a question for you guys.
This is in regards to continuity with head shots and caps.
If SCEA were to give us the option to have generated pics for the headshots and in turn able to have the caps be team specific(and will change with a team change).....for all players, would you guys use this and be interested?
This would mean no more real headshots if you chose this.(AS AN OPTION WITHIN THE GAME....NOT AS DEFAULT)
DISCLAIMER......THIS IS NOT HAPPENING .....I'M JUST GAUGING INTEREST....and would be an option.
We were just discussing how they could put the cap change in and this came up.

M.K.
Knight165
It s a good idea and I'd be in favor of it if done right.
MVP 05 had real pics for headshots except for some reason, AJ Burnett on the Blue Jays had a generated head shot. Looked pretty good and I know what you mean when its the middle of the inning and they show the graphic where the next 3 guys in the order are up and one or two of them are generated faces, looks weird.
Maybe someone else knows what Im talking about with Burnett. I played xbox back then.

# 126 Drew127 @ 01/20/11 03:36 PM
Quote:
This is creepy. But creepy is my middle name. And I like it.
Ha, actually I thought it might come off a little creepy after I posted it. What I was getting at is that I thought it sounded like you were hinting it might be in the game this year...but that doesn't look to be the case.

# 127 ped3328 @ 01/20/11 05:16 PM
Quote:
If SCEA were to give us the option to have generated pics for the headshots and in turn able to have the caps be team specific(and will change with a team change).....for all players, would you guys use this and be interested?
This would mean no more real headshots if you chose this.(AS AN OPTION WITHIN THE GAME....NOT AS DEFAULT)
DISCLAIMER......THIS IS NOT HAPPENING .....I'M JUST GAUGING INTEREST....and would be an option.

M.K.
Knight165

Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
In an ideal world, it would be great to have real faces and then, when a player switches team, or say when a free agent is signed by a given team, we would be able to fit his portrait with the proper cap. As far as fake players are concerned, of course we have good old Knight to take care of business! lol. So yes, I'm all for it. SCEA people always deliver. So I'm sure some devs will find a solution and the game will be even more realistic.
P.-S. It kind of looks odd when one of the game's beautiful scoreboards show say Johnny Deamon's picture fitted with a FA cap or his previous team cap. It just does'nt look right.

# 128 bcruise @ 01/20/11 05:20 PM
I like the idea Knight....I've never been too hung up on needing real pictures for the players. I'm actually kinda curious just how close SCEA could get them to the real thing, given sufficient dev time to actually do all those faces in CG.

Option would be good, of course.

# 129 JDD @ 01/20/11 06:04 PM
Yeah, if it were an option that I could turn on or off, I'm all in favor of doing that. It is a little jarring for me seeing a player on, say, the Angels, wearing a blue Royals hat (Callaspo last year). And SCEA does such a great job with the player faces that I think it wouldn't look too bad. I say they should seriously consider this for next year.

# 130 PsychoBulk @ 01/20/11 06:22 PM
As an option only i dont see the harm in it for those that like it, but i prefer real faces to keep a more realistic TV broadcast feel to me, so as long as its only ever put in as an option and not at the cost of real faces i see no problems.

# 131 Skyboxer @ 01/20/11 06:27 PM
To bad you couldn't Just remove the caps....
I like the real faces but I also admit having the wrong caps on is a little "distracting"...

# 132 mrhenry209 @ 01/20/11 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
To bad you couldn't Just remove the caps....
I like the real faces but I also admit having the wrong caps on is a little "distracting"...
If they somehow procured pictures of players' faces ONLY (a la Madden) without caps and a generic white jersey, that would be perfect.

# 133 econoodle @ 01/20/11 08:51 PM
got around finally to watching this on a computer that streams it smoothly.
wow.

this is making it very hard for me to hold out till 12

i just need ONE major injury to a main player in my Nationals franchise to make it easy for me to pack 10 away for good and grab this.
Tho, I could be a jerky and manually give Strasburg a torn rotator cuff!

I dont go gamestop so if i did get it, i need something preorderable from Amazon.

back to the video, not sure if it was mentioned [as I havent read through this fully ] but i see during one of the walk ups, the Height/weight/age was in the midst of being fixed.

Thanks a bunch Knight!
thats all you.

edit: just read a post on it [thanks to joe, the overlay guy!]

# 134 nymets94 @ 01/20/11 09:03 PM
ike davis stnace looks great, they deffinately need to change jose reyess and jason bays, they look terrible. Overall the game looks very good. I hope they can make the batting stances really good this year

# 135 econoodle @ 01/20/11 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Wow... the graphical jump is just amazing; the lighting, the player models, the textures, everything... it just looks so outstanding. And the animations and overall smoothness? Again, just... wow.

Can't wait to see more, especially via direct feed with sounds.

Thanks for posting this!
exactly. just look at 07 and REALLY see some insane progress.

I'd actually be curious to know how much of the ps3's power SCEA has tapped into so far after 5 games.

I know most [if not all] devs of games talk about how in sequels they learned more about the system and were able to get more out of it.

How much more can SCEA squeeze out of it, plus its a native to them, so they know more about how it works, no?

# 136 econoodle @ 01/20/11 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Real head shots are the best. Most teams never update the players hats any ways. I was a game and they still had Manny on the Redsocks instead of the Dodgers.

Oh we can still have real head shots. Then I am cool with that option.

theres only ONE solution to the whole baseball cap issue.
go with the Donruss 91Leaf Studio look!

http://apackaday.blogspot.com/2008/0...af-studio.html

Glamour Shots baby!

# 137 bp4baseball @ 01/20/11 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
exactly. just look at 07 and REALLY see some insane progress.

I'd actually be curious to know how much of the ps3's power SCEA has tapped into so far after 5 games.

I know most [if not all] devs of games talk about how in sequels they leanred more about the system and were able to get more out of it.

How much more can SCEA squeeze out of it, plus its a native to them, so they know more about how it works, no?
Yes, I would love to know this as well. But honestly at this point, I woudn't mind too much if they said this is the best they will get the graphics to, because they look amazing!

Also, a nice thing about being 1st party sony is when the ps4 comes out (however far in the future that is) they will probably know ahead of time what the specs of it are and will be already starting on the ps4 version, prior to the console's release.

# 138 countryboy @ 01/20/11 09:47 PM
the one thing that really stood out to me was the animation that played when Reyes didn't throw out Braun. He makes a backhand play and then for some reason spins thus costing him to be late on a throw to first.

For those who attended the event, how often did this animation play out?

Thanks in advance

# 139 nemesis04 @ 01/20/11 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the one thing that really stood out to me was the animation that played when Reyes didn't throw out Braun. He makes a backhand play and then for some reason spins thus costing him to be late on a throw to first.

For those who attended the event, how often did this animation play out?

Thanks in advance
You know what is funny, I did not see that animation the whole event. The first time I saw it was in this video.

# 140 countryboy @ 01/20/11 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You know what is funny, I did not see that animation the whole event. The first time I saw it was in this video.
thanks nem

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.